Cricket Albury/Wodonga (CAW) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/Wodonga (CAW) 09/10

You know, I came out of retirement last year as a 44 yr old 'has been' because I missed being involved in the team environment after playing cricket at a reasonably high level.....and then I come across ****ers such as THE BIG DOG who attack individuals who spend so much time keeping associations such as the CAW going in thier spare time. I suggest that if you have an allegation to make against an individual you should at least have the guts to put your real name in the comment......and for those that think it is easy to be part of a committee...give it a crack and see how hard it is to keep everyone happy.....as far as the 'new balls' are concerned...who cares because the platies from last year were the worst I have ever used and at the price are a rip off...give the new balls a go and provide constuctive feedback....end of the day every team will be using the same tools come next week eh!

left armers rule;368563 said:
You know, I came out of retirement last year as a 44 yr old 'has been' because I missed being involved in the team environment after playing cricket at a reasonably high level.....and then I come across ****ers such as THE BIG DOG who attack individuals who spend so much time keeping associations such as the CAW going in thier spare time. I suggest that if you have an allegation to make against an individual you should at least have the guts to put your real name in the comment......and for those that think it is easy to be part of a committee...give it a crack and see how hard it is to keep everyone happy.....as far as the 'new balls' are concerned...who cares because the platies from last year were the worst I have ever used and at the price are a rip off...give the new balls a go and provide constuctive feedback....end of the day every team will be using the same tools come next week eh!

Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap

left armers rule;368563 said:

we all seem to end our articles in the same frame of mind my friend, I'm only putting what I hear out there and I couldn't give a flying if we used tennis balls taped up.
By putting what I hear on this forum it allows others to air thier point of view and stirr it all up...go right back to the start from the old forum and read what goes on and I bet you will have a laugh!!

KML;368064 said:
Big Dog - u don't know sh*t from shoe polish ! The deal is for one year (as per advice from Cricket Australia). Castello doesn't get commission or any kick back, it is a saving to the Clubs (so they can pay you more & you can afford your spray on tan and tips in the hair) and it provides competition for Kooka & Platapus who have been bending everyone over with ridiculous prices for years.

So at the end of the season bitch and moan - don't worry about the balls, they are red and round - might be better to concentrate of getting a decent pitch over there

good call KLM, word from the chairman is that cricket austrailia are finally catching up with Kooka and plata's profit margins. cosidering almost all the worlds balls are now made offshore (regardless of what they say), how is it that we are gettig them for $43 a 4 pc. at a guess if it costs them in total $30 to make them, then they are making $13, as opposed to spending $68 a 4 pc ......thats $38 a ball. of all the 4pieces sold australia wide a guess wold have about 400,000 kooka 4 pieces, so $15,200,000 a year on 4 pieces alone!!!
we are obviously all in the wrong game?? or there must be some very sore a**holes out there....

bring on 20/20 cant wait...

The Seamer;368526 said:
If they are representing all clubs and not just themselves I dont have a problem. What is your thought RUNOUT?

I think there is only one player on the board at the moment and I am happy that their is a player representing other players.

surely the more players we have on the board the better after all we are the ones playing the game......so why should we not be the ones make the decisions about how we play the game. You will usually find the only people with the players wishes or best intrests at mind are players and that independants usually have some sort of agenda other than just letting us play cricket so the more players on the board the better I reckon

lindsaygaze;368851 said:
surely the more players we have on the board the better after all we are the ones playing the game......so why should we not be the ones make the decisions about how we play the game. You will usually find the only people with the players wishes or best intrests at mind are players and that independants usually have some sort of agenda other than just letting us play cricket so the more players on the board the better I reckon

Pretty sure The Murray Valley league is run by the players.
They dont seem to have any major problems down there with this happening.
Not that im against the board we have just think that just because you have a role at a club that u cant be on the board is a bit silly.
I know my application for the board this year was not accepted as i am joint coach and captain at Dederang.
Anyones thouhgts??????

Its Honestly Middo;368853 said:
Pretty sure The Murray Valley league is run by the players.
They dont seem to have any major problems down there with this happening.
Not that im against the board we have just think that just because you have a role at a club that u cant be on the board is a bit silly.
I know my application for the board this year was not accepted as i am joint coach and captain at Dederang.
Anyones thouhgts??????

here here honestly,
i neither so any great drama with current players being on the board, if they are prepared to help out and be constructive then it can only benefit our game. Wasnt Costello still captain of north when he was elected ( not 100% sure but think so) and i cant see how him being on there has affected the hoppers results???
there would be heaps of stuff that players would not want to spend hours sorting out but there is likewise lots of stuff that directly effects to on field playing of the game.
one instance i know of is he was a big push for Xavier (over alex) to be used on GF weekend last year (even if patties were in it ) and hindsight tells us it was a good dicision, the wicket, outfield and facilities were by far the best on offer for the game, issues such as that can only benefit from expeirienced players thoughts i rekon.

Sick of this crap talking about the balls and board. Gunna lay out some tips for the season to come...

Provincial
Premiers - Patties (addition of Restall gives them a solid all-round lineup, with Naughton & co more than ready to go to the top)
R/Up - North (Still round the mark, just can they take enough wickets? Runs wont be a problem, just need someone to step up with the ball)
W/Spoon - Albury (Who have they got??, no offense to the Albury players, but havent heard of them recruiting anyone just of them losing blokes)

District
Premiers - Kiewa (came close last year, seem to have kept the same lineup - hard to beat IMO)
R/Up - Mt Beauty (My tip to come out of the pack, seems an even comp otherwise)
W/Spoon - Raiders (Again who have they got, from LY's A grade lineup - Dixon to D'rang, Lodding & Spencer to Belvior, Hales to Tall, another 3-4 gone, who is left??)

20/20 Comp
Premiers - North (Enough sluggers in the lineup to make high enough totals that cant be chased)
R/Up - Tall (again good short-form hitters to make good totals)
No spoon due to groups

Headline of the year: "Albury bowled out for 12"
Surprise of the year: There are no protests against pitches or decisions

Either way, the season kicks off sat, with the real stuff beginning the week after.
Lets get into it!

bodiefish;369096 said:
Sick of this crap talking about the balls and board. Gunna lay out some tips for the season to come...

Provincial
Premiers - Patties (addition of Restall gives them a solid all-round lineup, with Naughton & co more than ready to go to the top)
R/Up - North (Still round the mark, just can they take enough wickets? Runs wont be a problem, just need someone to step up with the ball)
W/Spoon - Albury (Who have they got??, no offense to the Albury players, but havent heard of them recruiting anyone just of them losing blokes)

District
Premiers - Kiewa (came close last year, seem to have kept the same lineup - hard to beat IMO)
R/Up - Mt Beauty (My tip to come out of the pack, seems an even comp otherwise)
W/Spoon - Raiders (Again who have they got, from LY's A grade lineup - Dixon to D'rang, Lodding & Spencer to Belvior, Hales to Tall, another 3-4 gone, who is left??)

20/20 Comp
Premiers - North (Enough sluggers in the lineup to make high enough totals that cant be chased)
R/Up - Tall (again good short-form hitters to make good totals)
No spoon due to groups

Headline of the year: "Albury bowled out for 12"
Surprise of the year: There are no protests against pitches or decisions

Either way, the season kicks off sat, with the real stuff beginning the week after.
Lets get into it!

Well you are almost on the neville there FISH. What about Belvoir they have picked up a few handy players. They will play finals but not with all the ex raider guys playing ones.On the Raiders the players that have left will be a big lost but the others who ain't playing only played when they could. With a few ex warriors coming but to A'Grade we won't finish last. Have heard that Baranduda are really struggling to get 3 teams on the park. Not sure how true this is but looking at who has left so far to Belvoir .It might not be a good season for them.

With hit and giggle starting this week look out for a few suprises like last year.:p

Yeah, cricket in Wodonga is rapidly turning into the haves and have nots. The Doggies and Belvoir having 4 senior sides and apparently flush with the numbers and plenty of juniors. West Wodonga having to merge with the struggling Raiders who have been relegated, while Baranduda (ex. Paragon) are looking at maybe only two senior sides for the upcoming season. The game doesn't seem healthy on that side of the Border.:(

first weekend of T20 is over what does anything think, maybe the reports in the paper were around the mark with some teams or maybe not? Yackandanda have made a good start but the quality they have been playing isnt much in Albury and Barny Chiltern, both teams could struggle in there respective comps, but who knows we will find out soon

anyone got any players they are looking foward to seeing this year?
young talent in the provincial or district they are looking foward to seeing play?

Well I think all the crap about the balls was a waste of a couple of pages in here.

I'm not much of a bowler but it was nice to be able to swing the ball again.

I don't think they're as good as the kookaburras but definitely better than the platypus.

Sir Don;369892 said:
Well I think all the crap about the balls was a waste of a couple of pages in here.

I'm not much of a bowler but it was nice to be able to swing the ball again.

I don't think they're as good as the kookaburras but definitely better than the platypus.

i think a plum would hold up again your team, lets wait till we start the real stuff and see how they hold up

Himym;369809 said:
first weekend of T20 is over what does anything think, maybe the reports in the paper were around the mark with some teams or maybe not? Yackandanda have made a good start but the quality they have been playing isnt much in Albury and Barny Chiltern, both teams could struggle in there respective comps, but who knows we will find out soon

Barny and Bethanga's game getting called a draw is a bit of a joke - apparantly the carpet was too wet! Here's a tip - do what everyone else has to do and get the covers out. 5 points for not having a go is a slap in the face to the teams that struggled in the conditions but made a fist of it. Pretty sure the same conitions were experienced nearby...

What about the crap that Niall Sewang wrote in the border about 20T20, he has got to rip his head out of his a#se and listen to whats going on locally and not worry about what my mate warnie say's.
what he wrote is ok at the elite level, but at grass roots its crap, the only benifit players get out of 20t20 is if you are one of the top 4 or 5 players in your side, lets face it teams use 5 players and the rest are there to field and make up numbers, Look at north on weekend used 3 bats men on sat and 4 on sun, what are the other players doing ? nothing making up numbers,
yes you can always mix it up, but that could be to the detriment of your side, and I dont think that is what CAW intended, otherwise why dont we just play Milo Cricket.
Yes niall the younger generation love watching it. But that doesnt mean they love playing it when they arnt getting any opportunities.
bring back 50ov and at least every one will get more of a go. and the younger up and comers might stay in the game.

Yes you are right Wanie North did only use a few bastman both days....but at least the two teams they played against all had a bat.....so I wonder what team enjoyed the game the most!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back