Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

it's the fence or nothin;281453 said:
what if you declared first then the other captain doesnt and decides to shaft you?wouldnt that be a risk?besides i dont think it would be in the spirit of the game and i'm pretty sure that contrived results are against the rules.for you to contemplate this sure send's out bad signal's about the way you operate,in fact it comes across like youre a complete cheating **************.the adress is 502 guinea st so come around and we can think of some more way's to screw the system.

You cant put brains in monuments , this is like trying to polish a turd ,no matter how hard you try it just cant be done.
one more time, this is why we have a points system like we do so it doesnt even enter in captains minds to manipulate the system.Not that it would matter much if you were captain,you wouldnt be able to manipulate the knob on your c**k

well raiders lost to dederang would count as a upset.raiders have signed b.hales from wodonga.should be a very handy pick up for them.watched baranduda v tallangatta those two teams are totally different class.also watch a game at bilson park.after all the talk about pitches and there conditions what are the titans doing.a sandpit whould have more bounce then the wicket the produced.just wondering howlong titans will survive.they locked up there rooms by 4.30pm after most there players went home a bit intoxicated.good have made money if they did what raiders did and set a bbq and drinks.

just wondering if anyone thinksT20 is succesful or just a waste of time???

Wanie eat your heart out;281739 said:
You cant put brains in monuments , this is like trying to polish a turd ,no matter how hard you try it just cant be done.
one more time, this is why we have a points system like we do so it doesnt even enter in captains minds to manipulate the system.Not that it would matter much if you were captain,you wouldnt be able to manipulate the knob on your c**k

i just gave it a go and youre right,it is pretty tricky this whole manipulating knob's thing,maybe you can give me some pointers on how it's done, you obviously have some skill in this area and i'd be glad if you could share youre expertiese.
was there any upsets in the 20/20 yesterday?any news?

big guys don't run;281925 said:
well raiders lost to dederang would count as a upset.raiders have signed b.hales from wodonga.should be a very handy pick up for them.watched baranduda v tallangatta those two teams are totally different class.also watch a game at bilson park.after all the talk about pitches and there conditions what are the titans doing.a sandpit whould have more bounce then the wicket the produced.just wondering howlong titans will survive.they locked up there rooms by 4.30pm after most there players went home a bit intoxicated.good have made money if they did what raiders did and set a bbq and drinks.

Waste of time Big Guy.
The only positive out of it was there was an off spinner at Bilson Park yesterday who was spinning them at right angles. I heard him being described as Harbajhan like but Harbajhan with an open account at McDonalds.

Waste of time Big Guy.
The only positive out of it was there was an off spinner at Bilson Park yesterday who was spinning them at right angles. I heard him being described as Harbajhan like but Harbajhan with an open account at McDonalds.

Looking around other leagues, and Bendigo is playing a T20 comp as well. They play there comp at 5.30-6.00 on Tuesday nights. from talking to people invovled crowds have been great and the players are enjoying it immensely.

waste of time T20 my personal view hard for bowlers to get into the groove with only 4 overs..batsmen can't poke for too long either?..
Hales will be good for raiders, they just need a few others to step up and support him both bat and ball..Herd the Cheese was a shonky deck too(again!!)
Just found out results of the colts Vs wang game..
Colts 4-208 off 50.
Hugh Condon 59no
Josh Mallichan 50
Jack Gilbee 56no
Wang 10-188 off 48
Mallichan, Gilbee, Krutzburger wicket takers?
Petersen made a blob for wang!!!

Looking around other leagues, and Bendigo is playing a T20 comp as well. They play there comp at 5.30-6.00 on Tuesday nights. from talking to people invovled crowds have been great and the players are enjoying it immensely.

20-20 hasnt been too bad, but some games you know the result before making the trip.

Watching Talldo it easy saturday it looks they are the team to beat in the 20-20, admittadly they havent playd much but you can only beat who you play. stuck around to watch the 2nd game and it looked like a friggin u15's match, no skill at all in raiders v dederang, there was a bit of entertainment with teh raiders keeper mouthn off at the umpire, he should be more worries about trying to catch the ball!

Final note, great to see the rep team once again playing great cricket, 340 off 50ov is a fantastic total and they keep pressing until the game was won. Was a very enjoyable game to watch.

waste of time T20 my personal view hard for bowlers to get into the groove with only 4 overs..batsmen can't poke for too long either?..
Hales will be good for raiders, they just need a few others to step up and support him both bat and ball..Herd the Cheese was a shonky deck too(again!!)
Just found out results of the colts Vs wang game..
Colts 4-208 off 50.
Hugh Condon 59no
Josh Mallichan 50
Jack Gilbee 56no
Wang 10-188 off 48
Mallichan, Gilbee, Krutzburger wicket takers?
Petersen made a blob for wang!!!

old hand they did have a few out from what i heard but only 4 out not eight.

apparently their fielding was a bit ordinary to but not as bad as wodonga's who were atrocious.

20-20 hasnt been too bad, but some games you know the result before making the trip.

Watching Talldo it easy saturday it looks they are the team to beat in the 20-20, admittadly they havent playd much but you can only beat who you play. stuck around to watch the 2nd game and it looked like a friggin u15's match, no skill at all in raiders v dederang, there was a bit of entertainment with teh raiders keeper mouthn off at the umpire, he should be more worries about trying to catch the ball!

Final note, great to see the rep team once again playing great cricket, 340 off 50ov is a fantastic total and they keep pressing until the game was won. Was a very enjoyable game to watch.

nah they were definatly down more than that, 8 was the number i heard from one of the tallangatta blokes who was talking to them after the game but it may be one or 2 less

old hand they did have a few out from what i heard but only 4 out not eight.

apparently their fielding was a bit ordinary to but not as bad as wodonga's who were atrocious.

Dederang & Kiewa both strong chances of finishing in the top 2 of their pools & progressing to the quarter finals of the 20/20 comp, which would be an encouraging result for CAW, & add further strength to this competition continuing in future years.
Nth Alb & St Pats playing off this week to see who finishes on top of their pool, with any 2 of Belvoir (vs Yack), Titans & Wodonga to qualify for quarter finals depending on outcomes of their games this wkend.

nah they were definatly down more than that, 8 was the number i heard from one of the tallangatta blokes who was talking to them after the game but it may be one or 2 less

B.Hales must be a big pickup for the raiders,having played 2nd grade all year for Wodonga.Hopefully Halesy can help the provincial club from being beaten by Ned Kelly's Gang again (Dederang).

Dederang & Kiewa both strong chances of finishing in the top 2 of their pools & progressing to the quarter finals of the 20/20 comp, which would be an encouraging result for CAW, & add further strength to this competition continuing in future years.
Nth Alb & St Pats playing off this week to see who finishes on top of their pool, with any 2 of Belvoir (vs Yack), Titans & Wodonga to qualify for quarter finals depending on outcomes of their games this wkend.

B.Hales must be a big pickup for the raiders,having played 2nd grade all year for Wodonga.Hopefully Halesy can help the provincial club from being beaten by Ned Kelly's Gang again (Dederang).

Leinad Mahkram;283108 said:

I think anyone would be a handy pick up for raiders atm, wasnt it only 2 seasons ago they were a powerhouse? i think that may just show the quality and importance of b.stewart, l.clark and co. Now that backbone of their team has moved on they are left with young kids, inexperienced and unproven players.

There is a lot of weight on d.dixons shoulders i would imagine, hence him trying to poach a few 2nds players from other teams to try and escape an almost certain path of leading his team to religation...haha all the best tho:cool:

religation is on the cards (happy warrior boys) if they dont win the next three or at least three in the year! Halesy will be allright, lets not forget he had 20 wickets till christmas last year then played in melbs for the second half. ben stewart a chance to return maybe, they will need him??!.anyone rekon they will be able to beat yack??

Leinad Mahkram;283108 said:

I think anyone would be a handy pick up for raiders atm, wasnt it only 2 seasons ago they were a powerhouse? i think that may just show the quality and importance of b.stewart, l.clark and co. Now that backbone of their team has moved on they are left with young kids, inexperienced and unproven players.

There is a lot of weight on d.dixons shoulders i would imagine, hence him trying to poach a few 2nds players from other teams to try and escape an almost certain path of leading his team to religation...haha all the best tho:cool:

The Big Dog;283418 said:
religation is on the cards (happy warrior boys) if they dont win the next three or at least three in the year! Halesy will be allright, lets not forget he had 20 wickets till christmas last year then played in melbs for the second half. ben stewart a chance to return maybe, they will need him??!.anyone rekon they will be able to beat yack??

Ben Stewart and Shaun Taylor will make a bit of a difference to Raiders team,Hales will also b a handy pick-up.
If they play Yack at Yack they could be in for a battle but if they have them at Birra Park then i reckon they will beat Yack.

The Big Dog;283418 said:
With a batting line up of Dixon, Lodding, Taylor and Stewart as well as Josh Beard, Powles and Hales with the ball surely they would avoid relegation.:confused: Yack was bowled out against St Pats for 84 in their 1st innings and a 146 in the second after all.

The Big Dog;283418 said:

Ben Stewart and Shaun Taylor will make a bit of a difference to Raiders team,Hales will also b a handy pick-up.
If they play Yack at Yack they could be in for a battle but if they have them at Birra Park then i reckon they will beat Yack.

RUNOUT;283493 said:
With a batting line up of Dixon, Lodding, Taylor and Stewart as well as Josh Beard, Powles and Hales with the ball surely they would avoid relegation.:confused: Yack was bowled out against St Pats for 84 in their 1st innings and a 146 in the second after all.

Just got back from having a beer down at the Boomerang. Daniel Markham was there - he let it slip that he is 'The Chief'. He trained with Belvoir on Tuesday night and is talking up the fact that he is going back to Canberra for soccer. Also let it slip that Hoppers 08 is Josh 'What car can you get me?' Marmo and that KokodaMidget is the great offspinner Heath Naughton.

I tell you...I walked past Willow Park tonight after a couple at the Birra - it is a joke!

The Big Dog;283418 said:

The Kookaburra;283559 said:
Just got back from having a beer down at the Boomerang. Daniel Markham was there - he let it slip that he is 'The Chief'. He trained with Belvoir on Tuesday night and is talking up the fact that he is going back to Canberra for soccer. Also let it slip that Hoppers 08 is Josh 'What car can you get me?' Marmo and that KokodaMidget is the great offspinner Heath Naughton.

I tell you...I walked past Willow Park tonight after a couple at the Birra - it is a joke!

surprised you could understand a word if marko was at the booma,nothing wrong with youre hearing kooka or did you just grab a word here and a word there and string it together youreself!!

RUNOUT;283493 said:

just wondering after visiting 2 pubs in one night your eyes weren't the best when you stagged through williow park???

its no fun when you give names away kooka its part of the fun !!!!!! i wouldn't be to worried about the wicket this week with the rains coming the whole round might get washed out????

surprised you could understand a word if marko was at the booma,nothing wrong with youre hearing kooka or did you just grab a word here and a word there and string it together youreself!!

old hand;281941 said:
not making excuses for baranduda but i do know that they had 8 regular A grade players out

just checked out some of the other baranduda games on the weekend and they fortfied a game in the combined T20 so maybe numbers are low out there.Maybe with Yanner leaving and others it as left a hole in the club????

just wondering after visiting 2 pubs in one night your eyes weren't the best when you stagged through williow park???

its no fun when you give names away kooka its part of the fun !!!!!! i wouldn't be to worried about the wicket this week with the rains coming the whole round might get washed out????

big guys don't run;283645 said:
just checked out some of the other baranduda games on the weekend and they fortfied a game in the combined T20 so maybe numbers are low out there.Maybe with Yanner leaving and others it as left a hole in the club????

And two other a graders want to leave but president won't let them younger kids to both got selected in the knights team this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back