Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

2 teams relegated who would get promoted...? Bethanga & Dederang...?
Or are you proposing an 8 team provincial competition Old Hand...?

old hand;290750 said:
I dont see anything wrong with having an 8 team provincial comp, obviously this would be the lowest number you would go but i think raiders just arent competitive at the moment. Bulldogs have had a fairly young side for a while and they are now seeing the rewards but raiders kids arent even near the same league as the juniors bulldogs had or have.

I think you could reward the consistant performers with promotion, such as dederang who have had a strong side for a number of years without clinching a flag but would be competetive. belvoir didnt even play in the grand final the year they were promoted and they certainly havent embarrased themselves. so I'd say you could probably promote dederang and the winner of this years flag as has been done previously, which id say kiewa would be favourates for at the moment. I dont think either of those sides would be less competetive than raiders, and it would stop young guys like Maynard, Hill, Marmo etc from leaving there clubs to play provincial. not that maynard was that impressive in last years district comp.
Yeah Matthew Maynard was never any good.;)

I dont see anything wrong with having an 8 team provincial comp, obviously this would be the lowest number you would go but i think raiders just arent competitive at the moment. Bulldogs have had a fairly young side for a while and they are now seeing the rewards but raiders kids arent even near the same league as the juniors bulldogs had or have.

I think you could reward the consistant performers with promotion, such as dederang who have had a strong side for a number of years without clinching a flag but would be competetive. belvoir didnt even play in the grand final the year they were promoted and they certainly havent embarrased themselves. so I'd say you could probably promote dederang and the winner of this years flag as has been done previously, which id say kiewa would be favourates for at the moment. I dont think either of those sides would be less competetive than raiders, and it would stop young guys like Maynard, Hill, Marmo etc from leaving there clubs to play provincial. not that maynard was that impressive in last years district comp.

Old Hand seems like your name suggests your past it mate.. You have talked nothing but utter Bulls*%t on here mate... looking forward to seeing some better informed wisdom on here.... I also suggest you recheck Dederangs history... tho Kiewa premiers you maybe right...

old hand;290750 said:

Yeah Matthew Maynard was never any good.;)

Old Hand seems like your name suggests your past it mate.. You have talked nothing but utter Bulls*%t on here mate... looking forward to seeing some better informed wisdom on here.... I also suggest you recheck Dederangs history... tho Kiewa premiers you maybe right...

mate weve all got our opinions, i was just saying what i think could work. as to your opinion that im past it, good for you but i dont give a shit. Im sure you will one day talents peak and youl reach the dizzying heights of C grade.

I also dont see anything in there that requires such a strong reaction, alot of it is backed up in statistics from this year and by the players named in the sides. ive got nothing personally against the blokes but Tom Heagney and James McCabe are not 1st grade standard in either district or provinical, and i dont mean to single them out because the same could be said for alot of the raiders side. Also with dederang, had they gone across this year, are you saying that a side consisting of Midson, Day, Hill (assuming he wouldnt have left for north as there was no need), Marmo (same as hill) and then other good back up guys such as creamer, nikolic etc wouldnt be competetive in ABCA?

Its Honestly Middo;291018 said:
Havn,t noticed any Marmo bashing for a while,has the young fella silenced the critics?

he was the one always bringing himself back up in conversation as hoppers 08,the whole thing wouldve died down as quick as everything else on here if he hadnt kept bringing it back up. but just for old times sake, hes an arrogant buck toothed little shit.

mate weve all got our opinions, i was just saying what i think could work. as to your opinion that im past it, good for you but i dont give a shit. Im sure you will one day talents peak and youl reach the dizzying heights of C grade.

I also dont see anything in there that requires such a strong reaction, alot of it is backed up in statistics from this year and by the players named in the sides. ive got nothing personally against the blokes but Tom Heagney and James McCabe are not 1st grade standard in either district or provinical, and i dont mean to single them out because the same could be said for alot of the raiders side. Also with dederang, had they gone across this year, are you saying that a side consisting of Midson, Day, Hill (assuming he wouldnt have left for north as there was no need), Marmo (same as hill) and then other good back up guys such as creamer, nikolic etc wouldnt be competetive in ABCA?

Havn,t noticed any Marmo bashing for a while,has the young fella silenced the critics?

Just in case the finger is pointed at myself, I think he is playing really well, but still think he has been around in cricket and footy.
Good on the kid for having a real crack at it in the provincial and rep cricket this year!

he was the one always bringing himself back up in conversation as hoppers 08,the whole thing wouldve died down as quick as everything else on here if he hadnt kept bringing it back up. but just for old times sake, hes an arrogant buck toothed little shit.

Just in case the finger is pointed at myself, I think he is playing really well, but still think he has been around in cricket and footy.
Good on the kid for having a real crack at it in the provincial and rep cricket this year!

i dont play mate sorry so c grade would be a dream!

Also with dederang, had they gone across this year, are you saying that a side consisting of Midson, Day, Hill (assuming he wouldnt have left for north as there was no need), Marmo (same as hill) and then other good back up guys such as creamer, nikolic etc wouldnt be competetive in ABCA?[/QUOTE]

Midson - would he have played? Struggles with his body now
Day - Is he still playing?
Hill - would not have left probably
Marmo - Would of still left.. no more needed to say
Creamer - Having an ok year
Nikolic - Who is he?
Still think Kiewa, New City and Mt Beauty are the teams

yeah new city are a wierd one at the moment, they should play finals but i wouldnt say they would be up there as genuine contenders for the flag. As for Mt Beauty Im not sold, Iaria can bat but Im not convinced as to the rest of them. there definatly missing there imports (not that there second bunch were that good, Lei was without a doubt the best value).

Any news on who has made themselves available/ unavailable for the trip up to orange?

i dont play mate sorry so c grade would be a dream!

Also with dederang, had they gone across this year, are you saying that a side consisting of Midson, Day, Hill (assuming he wouldnt have left for north as there was no need), Marmo (same as hill) and then other good back up guys such as creamer, nikolic etc wouldnt be competetive in ABCA?[/QUOTE]

Midson - would he have played? Struggles with his body now
Day - Is he still playing?
Hill - would not have left probably
Marmo - Would of still left.. no more needed to say
Creamer - Having an ok year
Nikolic - Who is he?
Still think Kiewa, New City and Mt Beauty are the teams

yeah new city are a wierd one at the moment, they should play finals but i wouldnt say they would be up there as genuine contenders for the flag. As for Mt Beauty Im not sold, Iaria can bat but Im not convinced as to the rest of them. there definatly missing there imports (not that there second bunch were that good, Lei was without a doubt the best value).

Any news on who has made themselves available/ unavailable for the trip up to orange?

heard most good players are not tonkin kennerdy jones naughton arendarcicas not going dont blame them

yeah i heard lades not going. be a good chance to give some youngsters a run as dissapointing as it is that alot of players are unavailable. definatly dont blame them though

heard most good players are not tonkin kennerdy jones naughton arendarcicas not going dont blame them

old hand;292080 said:
yeah i heard lades not going. be a good chance to give some youngsters a run as dissapointing as it is that alot of players are unavailable. definatly dont blame them though

Purtell,Horey and myself have made ourselves available:D:D

old hand;292080 said:

Purtell,Horey and myself have made ourselves available:D:D

I take it that if purta has made himself available they're not notifying people of there selection by SMS anymore?

I take it that if purta has made himself available they're not notifying people of there selection by SMS anymore?

herd a few names for SCGcup in orange.. castello, daniels, thompson, dower, M.klien-boonschate, hales, wilson, wood(the young fella), middo- to name a few.. anyone else no any more names??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back