Cricket Albury/wodonga

Thanks for that lads, good discussion to be had though regarding the willingness some clubs have for success vs the overall clubs finances.
Any latest on moves or new players? Both District and Provincial? Any clubs starting to train?

Thanks for that lads, good discussion to be had though regarding the willingness some clubs have for success vs the overall clubs finances.
Any latest on moves or new players? Both District and Provincial? Any clubs starting to train?

Albury started training 2 weeks ago!
North and Raiders are starting up this weekend. Will be interesting to see how Raiders go..
Also have heard alot of unrest at the Nest which could have a few players leave before the season even kicks off.
Lastly good luck to T-Ball and he's coaching gig up in the Valley hope that he has more luck then he's footy coaching and can take them to back to back Along with Jack Craig

Good to see some of the cricketing action starting on the border, preseason is always a juggle for clubs with football having such a big presence in North East Victoria and southern New South Wales. Who is everyone's big mover this year? Both provincial and district? Who is everyone's ladder slider?

What's everyone's thoughts on Albury, have they still got the bad reputation? I haven't heard anything negative about them for a while, They still aren't the most successful.
Are they improving? They are coming from a long way back.

They maybe coming from a long way back but they have improved by a long way. You are right in saying that reputation is changing in the cricketing community but also reputation is a hard thing to shake. This year will be a big tell, they have showed signs but need consistency as a group both throughout firsts and seconds to build on. Building through the junior ranks to have a strong future in ten years time will be the test.

I think Albury have changed heaps... Only a few years back they had no juniors. Now they have heaps in the younger grades after a few years of a good Milo Program.

I agree it is hard to change a reputation but when you look at their list I think there is only two,or three people from they were the titans. Looking even deeper I think there is only one from the SSA period.

I have been talking to a few boys from their committee who play 3rds and help with their juniors. These guys are committed to making Albury a great family club for guys who love cricket, and hopefully start to see the juniors coming from their first year of Milo start to filter into strengthening their senior list. I just hope all clubs can look after the guys behind the scenes who work tirelessly for keep our game great here on the border.

I live not far from billson & I often see people there on weekends doing work. They just seem to be getting things organised, the cricket side of things are coming along slowly.
From an outsider & knowing Hazy it's a big rebuild of the club.
Wonder if any old SS&A boys get involved?

Anyone got early predictions for the flag? District or Provincial?

Early prediction is East Albury in Provincial and Barnawartha Chiltern in District.

Anyone wish to add?

It will be interesting to see how some clubs shape up, with only three months til the start of the season, there are some strong sides, and some who seem to have not had much success recruiting. Provincial looks to be a real mystery, a lot of rumours in player movement but not much concrete evidence in big changes. On exposed form unless there is massive chance the big clubs will be around the mark again. A lot of easts boys plying the trade in the UK. Belvoir big improver from all the rumours. District I haven't really heard anything at all bar the McCormick movement. Don't know where it will leave b/c miners after a strong 2014. Howlong looking for a coach according to CAW website. Nice quiet area, good family club, be interesting to see who they get?
Luke Daley to Coach Howlong is what I'm hearing

I'll predict a provincial ladder.

Tallangatta
North
St. pats
Lavington
East
Wodonga
Albury
Belvior
New city
Raiders

No offense mate but I think you are really out of touch if you think that is how the standings are will be come this season end.
North have lost a stack
As have East
I have no idea what Tallangatta are doing with that idea but poms will pull them through. They finished sixth last year and rode on the back of Weighell. Have some quality players no doubt but I cannot understand their theory
St Pat's to be solid again as always. Hope Lade goes around again (what a champion)
Haven't heard news from Lavi but dare say Brown back but lack batting depth outside Harris
Wodonga losing a couple. Spike a massive loss. Can't replace good quicks like that.
Should be an interesting year

No offense mate but I think you are really out of touch if you think that is how the standings are will be come this season end.
North have lost a stack
As have East
I have no idea what Tallangatta are doing with that idea but poms will pull them through. They finished sixth last year and rode on the back of Weighell. Have some quality players no doubt but I cannot understand their theory
St Pat's to be solid again as always. Hope Lade goes around again (what a champion)
Haven't heard news from Lavi but dare say Brown back but lack batting depth outside Harris
Wodonga losing a couple. Spike a massive loss. Can't replace good quicks like that.
Should be an interesting year

No offence taken, how about we see you're ladder predictions then?

Who have North lost, I know about Brendan Simmons. But who else?

Tallangatta just getting stronger to me.

St pats will be there abouts I know they've lost Butters, & Hatton is a maybe.

Wodonga to lose Ball, Spike, Tonkin?

Lavington are well disciplined team they don't have the stars but will be pushing for a finals spot.

Belvior will improve having picked up Wright & McCormack. Might make finals but I can't see it happening.

I'm really looking forward to this season

Be interesting to see what comes of the meeting between both district and provincial presidents over the next week. Looking forward to the season, getting some cricket on board. Paper outlining McNeil going to join ex East Albury Crow Will McIntosh at University of Melbourne. Where do you all believe East Albury will finish, i felt they were a big contender with McNeil at the helm, any other crows on the move?

Be interesting to see what comes of the meeting between both district and provincial presidents over the next week. Looking forward to the season, getting some cricket on board. Paper outlining McNeil going to join ex East Albury Crow Will McIntosh at University of Melbourne. Where do you all believe East Albury will finish, i felt they were a big contender with McNeil at the helm, any other crows on the move?

James Weighell older brother Andrew Weighell has signed at Wodonga Cricket Club. Quality bat.

I'm hearing you guys have also picked up a Pomme and a couple of other handy players.

Yeah our pom has fallen through. Other then trying to get another we've picked up none but still waiting for a few answers.

Hearing Raiders have signed a few more... 2 imports I'm hearing plus a full year from Griffiths, Warren-Marmo and the 2 clarks should see them improve considerably.

Good to see Raiders being pro-active.. Marmo must be the right man for the job.

How many clubs are getting an import? Tallangatta - Yes
Wodonga - yes
Lavington - yes
Raiders - yes
East - ???
St Pats - not sure but they usually get one?
North - obviously chasing one.
New city - ?? haven't heard anything about them this winter
Albury - ??
Belvior - ??

Back