Cricket Albury/wodonga

Interesting posts over the past week or two, now i know you all hide behind assumed names to keep your identity hidden but realy guys have some respect for the game, why do you all have to take pot shots at other clubs and players????? i love my club and will not bag out any opposition club or players, this does nothing for the game at all and if i knew someone from my club was on here slagging of rival clubs and players i would walk away and wont come back until they were gone.......DO YOUR TALKING WITH THE BAT N BALL guys......
Well jenno perhaps we should just all be cloned from you to keep you happy. Then we could bowl very fast at kids in thirds and pretend we didnt hear the pathetic comments from your teammates.

I think you'll find all the players leaving will be a low number. No more then 5 have left the club and they've recruited 10 or so already well that's what Marmo has been saying when we played footy against eachother couple of weeks back. He didn't seem to concerned with Kori leaving i don't blame him either looking at he's states last year batted 16 times for 200 runs best of luck patties turning him around.
Hopefully my club North Albury move swiftly and appoint Brendan Simmons successor asap just fingers crossed it's not Middo again
Kori only told the club that he was leaving and where he was going last thursday so how coukd marmo known he was leaving?

Cant replace a kid like that, played 12 years there. Yes he only made 260 last year but he struggled with the off field issues and having to try lead from the front as captain @ 20 years old is alot of pressure.
The year before last made 570 @45
And took 15 odd wickets

People at the raiders loved and respected him and will be sadly missed

Not sure jenno, im in basketball mode atm. ill find out this weekend at our get togther and let you now. are you still president for this year? who is coaching you guys?
After a bit of snooping around Mick and also a bit of research I've come to the conclusion that your new Coach plays footy for Yackandandah. Is this correct?

After a bit of snooping around Mick and also a bit of research I've come to the conclusion that your new Coach plays footy for Yackandandah. Is this correct?

Yes you are correct, he dose play for yackandandah. i havent met him yet but the boys are pretty excited and say hes a pretty good batsmen. they are confidant that we have picked up a fast bowler too.

Kori only told the club that he was leaving and where he was going last thursday so how coukd marmo known he was leaving?

Cant replace a kid like that, played 12 years there. Yes he only made 260 last year but he struggled with the off field issues and having to try lead from the front as captain @ 20 years old is alot of pressure.
The year before last made 570 @45
And took 15 odd wickets

People at the raiders loved and respected him and will be sadly missed

Banter man, kori leaving was the worst kept secret in town. anyone no if tball is coaching tallangatta?

Anthony Baker to coach New City
Matt Jaensch coach of belvoir
Trent Ball 70-30 on the tallangatta job

Big news bout to be announced for CAW and VCCL in coming weeks also which will put a smile on alot of people's faces.

Anthony Baker to coach New City
Matt Jaensch coach of belvoir
Trent Ball 70-30 on the tallangatta job

Big news bout to be announced for CAW and VCCL in coming weeks also which will put a smile on alot of people's faces.
Last time I checked Jaensch Coached Walla. Post above says Belvoirs Coach plays for Yackandandah. Guys name is Dylan Wright

Does anyone know when the fixture is released?
Will it be Platypus or Kookaburra balls this year?

Any other movements on the cards?

It will be interesting to see how some clubs shape up, with only three months til the start of the season, there are some strong sides, and some who seem to have not had much success recruiting. Provincial looks to be a real mystery, a lot of rumours in player movement but not much concrete evidence in big changes. On exposed form unless there is massive chance the big clubs will be around the mark again. A lot of easts boys plying the trade in the UK. Belvoir big improver from all the rumours. District I haven't really heard anything at all bar the McCormick movement. Don't know where it will leave b/c miners after a strong 2014. Howlong looking for a coach according to CAW website. Nice quiet area, good family club, be interesting to see who they get?

McCormack to Belvoir. $100 a game is what I'm hearing. Want to be getting a few wickets to be earning that sortve cash. How many Clubs are getting Pommies over this year? Hearing Wells is coming back to play at East, not sure about Tallangatta getting the two from last year back

Interesting, $100 a game is big. I don't knowmuch about payments as I'm not involved in that side of any sport, where does $100 a game sit in comparison to other deals??? It's especially for a club like Belvoir who have pushed their juniors for a number of years. Does anyone see Belvoir going deep this year?? Pommies will I'd say be a watch this space. It's really hard to be competitive in provincial cricket without an imported player. Wells will be huge for easts, other clubs depth will be tested again if they don't recurit or import players.

Interesting about players getting paid, is this common?
Or majority of clubs folk out a few $$$?
I wonder if wells will play finals this time?

Interesting position Belvior are in, they needed a good quick last year, hopefully Cam can really help their charge.
Will be interesting if T Ball is coach of the bushies, get those two poms back they'd go into the season premiership favourites.

I'd say we will start hearing about imports in the next few weeks!!

I think the most popular form of payment is through subs and equipment for cricketers, it's always interesting to see the oppositions big recurit with a new bat or spikes at the start of the season. My belief is that cricket clubs turn over and profit margins are not huge in most cases ( could be wrong not an accountant), with ball fees, association costs and limited sponsorship, money is very tight. It hurts a lot of clubs especially our local country clubs who battle to keep players involved so payments can cause issues at clubs.

Back