Cricket Albury/wodonga

A positive sign for the Raiders though is a couple of their young kids, yes they're struggling but to have a 17-18 year old kid in Josh Barrett, open the batting and hold his own considering he's a bowler, and then open the bowling and take multiple wickets, it's something at least. But yeah the Raiders are in a lot of trouble, can't see them in provincial next season!
How many blokes that used to play at Raiders are playing First Grade Cricket at other Clubs? I rekn if all those guys went back they would have a fairly competitive side. Good to see them out there still having a crack.

How many blokes that used to play at Raiders are playing First Grade Cricket at other Clubs? I rekn if all those guys went back they would have a fairly competitive side. Good to see them out there still having a crack.
Totally agree, Kori Stevenson, Couple of poms, Carso, Marmo, Liam Hocking probably a few more?

The league needs to make a strong decision on them anyway. Unfortunately for them they are dragging the competition down.

To put up that two performances of that nature is detrimental to the comp. How is it good for them? Or good for CAW?

The league needs to make a strong decision on them anyway. Unfortunately for them they are dragging the competition down.

To put up that two performances of that nature is detrimental to the comp. How is it good for them? Or good for CAW?

no way. the league cant get rid of them after 2 games. or even 1 bad year. if this is 2 or 3 years then maybe but not so fast. it wasnt long ago when east albury were on the bottom. they will improve over time. look at albury. no good for a long time and then they thro money around and they have imporved. if raiders payed $7000 like albury did to get a certain recruit this year, then they would imporve to!

no way. the league cant get rid of them after 2 games. or even 1 bad year. if this is 2 or 3 years then maybe but not so fast. it wasnt long ago when east albury were on the bottom. they will improve over time. look at albury. no good for a long time and then they thro money around and they have imporved. if raiders payed $7000 like albury did to get a certain recruit this year, then they would imporve to!
Well said. I remember when East were down and it looked like the were going to district. They had more control on the CAW board and pulled a few strings to get players. Looking at New City it was the same for them for awhile but the have landed imports and there kids are coming through. Yes the effort wasn't good but who knows what can happen this weekend. In the end it comes down to the players digging deep and making New City earn the win.

Looking at all the ex players playing at other clubs doen't look good but you can't run a club on what if. What if so and so stayed. What if we didn't dropped that catch. Each season is always going to be different. Look at North Albury what if Hulme didn't move here for work would they have made so many runs in there first two games. What if he landed at Raiders. Cricket is losing players young and old each year so landed a gun is a bonus.

I think the competition would be very strong if it was cut back to an 8 team comp. That way could be plenty of one day games played as well as two day.
10 teams makes the season very crammed & obviously the one day games are the big casualty this year.

Interesting about the money you mentioned Micky D's, anyone got any idea how much an import would be worth?

I think the competition would be very strong if it was cut back to an 8 team comp. That way could be plenty of one day games played as well as two day.
10 teams makes the season very crammed & obviously the one day games are the big casualty this year.

Interesting about the money you mentioned Micky D's, anyone got any idea how much an import would be worth?
It's all good for us to sit here and talk about an 8 team comp in Prov, but what about the district comp ?
If the provincial go's to 8 teams cause it is "crammed" how does that make the district comp which then go's to a 12 team competition.
Yes I agree that raiders are bringing the standard of the competition down and it isn't a good look, but it's not just about Provincial, it's about the association as a whole, and for structure reasons that is why it is a 10/10 set up.
Ideally everyone would like a more competitive side in prov in place of the raiders, but it isn't going to happen this year, so move on, end of story.

Overseas imports cost can be anywhere from just paying for there flights only approx $2000, all the way up to what tallangatta's imports would cost anywhere above $10,000+.

What's people's thoughts on the start to the season ?

Easy solution is don't let Provincial Clubs put teams in District Comp.Limit the Clubs to 4 teams and then the player pool will be more spread out. Thus making the whole Conpetition Stronger.
Raiders and New City will be in it for the long haul so we may as well stop complaining And belittling the Clubs. They are out there having a go so instead of slagging them off at every opportunity how about trying to find a solution to help them out.

Easy solution is don't let Provincial Clubs put teams in District Comp.Limit the Clubs to 4 teams and then the player pool will be more spread out. Thus making the whole Conpetition Stronger.
Raiders and New City will be in it for the long haul so we may as well stop complaining And belittling the Clubs. They are out there having a go so instead of slagging them off at every opportunity how about trying to find a solution to help them out.

I don't think I slagged them at any point, I didn't even mention them.

I simply stated the competition would be a lot strong & easily managed if it went back to an 8 team Comp, everyone loved getting in the coloured uniform & use a white ball.

I for one don't like this years format. 1 pennant match (why I don't know) & the rest two day games.

Plus the Rep is all T20 it doesn't make sense.

Anyway, we've seen some pretty low scores of late, I wonder if that has anything to do with the pitch conditions, or just coincidence.

Who's everyone's tip half way mark of round 2

I don't think I slagged them at any point, I didn't even mention them.

I simply stated the competition would be a lot strong & easily managed if it went back to an 8 team Comp, everyone loved getting in the coloured uniform & use a white ball.

I for one don't like this years format. 1 pennant match (why I don't know) & the rest two day games.

Plus the Rep is all T20 it doesn't make sense.

Anyway, we've seen some pretty low scores of late, I wonder if that has anything to do with the pitch conditions, or just coincidence.

Who's everyone's tip half way mark of round 2
Slagging Off Comment wasn't directed at you Wizards. It was just a comment made by me to most people on here. BGDR you are obviously a Raider, can you shed any light on wether the league is offering any assistance to the Club.

Slagging Off Comment wasn't directed at you Wizards. It was just a comment made by me to most people on here. BGDR you are obviously a Raider, can you shed any light on wether the league is offering any assistance to the Club.
How can they offer assistance ?
What could the league possibly do...
Recruit and give them players ?
I don't see why we are still talking about it....
You have a guy who is an absolute superstar who has just made back to back tons in the provincial comp and not one word has been mentioned about it on this page.
Instead people keep raising the raiders situation, I'm sure they have people at the club who care, so give them some time
And they will sort it out themselves, MOVE ON.

I agree Wizards, the format structure of the league is abit messed up, especially as you said with all rep cricket being 20/20, doesn't really make sense, and personally I think pushes young kids away from cricket with all 2 day 80 over senior cricket.

Hey The Fast Man I don't have anything to do with Raiders. I'm a ex player you gave it away many years ago . I was part of the merger with Warriors and did a fair bit around the club . I watch a few games here and there but not just Raiders. I have seen how cricket in gerenal has falling away but that's my oppinon. The reason I have a bit of inside info is alot to with players coming and going. I have always believed that CAW should be a multi tier comp. So with the likes of Wodonga and St Pats fielding district sides it would be more even. If clubs have plenty of players on the books and can field teams that's great. We don't want turn guys away from the sport and make them play for other clubs. I do agree 8 team grades is they way to go. Just have a look at WAng comp at the moment. They have 19 c grade and A Grade don't play each other. CAW should look at bigger comps in Melbourne and see how it's run down there. Yes there is a guy killing it in for North let's see how he goes against higher teams or get's a bad deck. But good on North for landing him. Someone mentioned low scores on the weekend. I see Wodonga struggled so are they terrible or were they out played? In the each club can only field the players they have but well done to Raiders on fielding 3 sides on the weekend. It's all about playing a game we love and sometimes having a beer afterwards. Good luck to all this weekend.

Great idea FM, all Provincial clubs to field A and B grades in Provincial only and up to two C grade sides only. Run the juniors along the same lines (Only 2 junior sides per age group) and the competition will be a lot more balanced. Congrats to Lavi/Wodonga and New City/Raiders who played their games down to the wire, hopefully there's more of those to come.:)

Not sure if there is a clear way to balance the comp out but in the end CAW board have the final say. I know they do ask for clubs input but does it really want to hear it.
Lavi where stiff on the weekend not even the flowing locks of SOC could get them over the line. Well done to St Pats in chasing down a huge score on Hopper Road. Great fight by Raiders in not losing outright being a man short to bat. Heard a whisper the captain wasn't impressed. Belvoir smashed Tallangatta but it's only early and you can't tell much until after christmas.
Howlong look like they will struggle with the bat. Have some very handy bowlers I've been told ones a pro. District should be close again this year.

Massive Coup for CAW being able to secure the services of Andrew McDonald as a marquee player for the upcoming Regional Bash game against Wagga on November the 8th.

Back