Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

Looking forward to seeing who Bonbeach recruit next season. They have thrown cash at guys from Premier Cricket, Minor Counties and First Class Cricket in the past 3-4 years and come up short again this year.

How old is De Iocovo from South Caulfield? Be great to see him have a crack at St Kilda.
He played premier at Frankston

Would have thought most clubs would be happy to have him with the numbers he churned out for Bentleigh. Is your reference to him breaking what was reported to be a 3 year deal or something else?
Yep, pretty ordinary from him. How do Caulfield pay all these guys when they are only allowed 2. Joke of a competition with no promotion and relegation, the clubs with little recourses will eventually have enough.

Yep, pretty ordinary from him. How do Caulfield pay all these guys when they are only allowed 2. Joke of a competition with no promotion and relegation, the clubs with little recourses will eventually have enough.

Points cap is on the way in which will eventually prevent situations like Caulfield's current list. You obviously can't legally pay them all but apparently they are all mates who just want to play for fun together. Yeah, right...

No great surprise that the Championship Premiers are restocking their First XI. Any other movements confirmed.
Waiting for this points cap to take effect so that clubs are forced to invest in juniors to field local teams is glacial.

What is surprising you, they lost a few and have added a few, Beauy have added, I'm sure Bonbeach have and not fallen in to poms that aren't here for finals, South learnt that lesson.
In the VTCA, YCCC still won, as they have money yes, but a great culture. The points thing is the best thing to happen to cricket, pity the Subbies arn't doing the same.

What is surprising you, they lost a few and have added a few, Beauy have added, I'm sure Bonbeach have and not fallen in to poms that aren't here for finals, South learnt that lesson.
In the VTCA, YCCC still won, as they have money yes, but a great culture. The points thing is the best thing to happen to cricket, pity the Subbies arn't doing the same.

No great surprise would suggest it's not surprising.

When the points system gets restrictive enough to halt clubs offering inducements to opposition players it may serve it's purpose.

Till then culture and money are pretty interchangeable in your book I suppose.

I look forward to the cap lowering to reward clubs with strong junior programs.

Probably a surprising notion to you TC.

Meanwhile, SECA and Cricket South Bayside officials met last night to discuss the sharing resources.

“We both have an aim of getting cricket in the south east area under the one banner,’’ Cox said.

“It’s in conjunction with what Cricket Victoria are after. They would provide a fulltime administrator to oversee it and we would look at being involved.

“There’s a bit of water to go under the bridge yet. But we’ve started the process. We’ve had a couple of meetings now.’’

Cox said SECA had senior and junior committees and any link with Cricket Southern Bayside would effectively be a third section, of turf cricket.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...n/news-story/a70bb5f96278574dc297c2a8a539c45b

Meanwhile, SECA and Cricket South Bayside officials met last night to discuss the sharing resources.

“We both have an aim of getting cricket in the south east area under the one banner,’’ Cox said.

“It’s in conjunction with what Cricket Victoria are after. They would provide a fulltime administrator to oversee it and we would look at being involved.

“There’s a bit of water to go under the bridge yet. But we’ve started the process. We’ve had a couple of meetings now.’’

Cox said SECA had senior and junior committees and any link with Cricket Southern Bayside would effectively be a third section, of turf cricket.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...n/news-story/a70bb5f96278574dc297c2a8a539c45b

It is the logical end game for the regionalisation of turf cricket – to bring all cricket in the region under the one banner. It makes perfect sense but I just feel a huge dose of semantics will get in the way of it.

Make it CSB with turf grades and synthetic grades, and a junior section - possibly a girls section, maybe a women’s section down the track. Having separate committees to administer each of them though makes zero sense. I would think the SECA involvement would mean some people on the board, which would be fine

As secretary of my club, I can only speak for us, but I’d be very surprised if clubs voted to go back to the same governance model they voted to leave 12 months ago. The comp (with board and administrator) has been professionally run this year – would be great to bring our juniors (and the synthetic clubs) under the one umbrella.

Just wondering where SECA clubs as they stand would access turf grounds?

Agree with RnB - one administration to manage all levels/grades is the logical outcome.

Back