DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Both Eltham and Lower Eltham are under the pump this round! I can`t see Lower getting up but Eltham are still a chance. Interesting times at the foot of ladder, Research also pulled themselves out of some deep shite after being 6/32, to make a competitive 188.

Tongs;380470 said:
I haven't mouthed off at any senior players, just the 12 year olds on here telling us all how good they are.

I would have thought you would want to win aswell seeing as though you are an Eltham player. Remember Hoggy, cricket is a team game! Its not all about your bowling average!
And one will have a large effect on the outcome of the game. Loser of this game down to Money is my tip.

NEWCC (L);380540 said:
And one will have a large effect on the outcome of the game. Loser of this game down to Money is my tip.

Gee you really went out on a limb there! It should be a good fighting game on the weekend! I'm sure it will be a hard faught battle with both sides desperate for a win!

brutal;380505 said:
Both Eltham and Lower Eltham are under the pump this round! I can`t see Lower getting up but Eltham are still a chance. Interesting times at the foot of ladder, Research also pulled themselves out of some deep shite after being 6/32, to make a competitive 188.

That call took some genuine disection of the results can't talk for Eltham but when you only make 130 and are bowled out by tea on the biggest highway in the Valley your going to be fighting an uphill battle.

An important game for many sides this week, this is how I see it:

Macleod (5th) 2/92 vs Lower Eltham (10th) 132
Macleod to continue Lower's horrible start to the season. A good chance for them to give their full 11 a good hit before some important games after Xmas that will shape their finals chances. As Vilos said, 130 on Macleod's deck is just not good enough.

Eltham (11th) 153 vs North Eltham (12th) 1/32
Could go either way here but leaning toward NEW. If Eltham had of got an extra 30 or 40 I would have thought otherwise. This will come down to the wire, do not expect an easy run chase in what could shape as a 12 point game.

Mernda (7th) 165 vs Diamond Creek (3rd) 1/26
Creek to get over Mernda on the dodgy deck up the road and consolidate their good start to the year. If Mernda do lose it will make their 4 games after Xmas very important. Baker may pull one off but I reckon Creek will crawl across the finish line and grab the points. Mernda could be enjoying Xmas lunch sitting in the 4 if they win and results go their way.

Riverside (4th) 130 vs Plenty (1st) 2/44
Plenty to get the required runs and head to Xmas on top on the back of yet another strong bowling performance which has been the back bone of their season so far. Riverside sit 4th at the moment but will turn for home outside the 4 unless they can pull it off.

Lalor Stars (8th) 2/51 vs Research (9th) 188
I'm going the Stars here, but just. No Drummond may hurt them as the Searchers have been terrific after the Epping debacle. Research will rely on McTaggart too much to roll the home side that should really cruise to victory on their home patch and turn for home knocking on the door of the 4.

Bundoora 4/31 (2nd) vs Epping (6th) 163
What an interesting day 1. I have absolutely no idea what will happen in this one. If their was ever an attack that could defend 163 at Yulong it would be Epping. The Hurst boys are relentless and will be they key. With 2 of their best bats either not out or yet to come Bundoora will like their chances, but, so will Epping. Massive game for both sides. What odds the tie?

Thoughts?

Fantastic write up Cricketbox, its good to get someone actually putting their balls on the line and picking winners of a game. Rather than NEWCC and Brutal just saying that teams that are 10th and 11th are under the pump when the scores are there for all to see.

I agree with all your tips, although I do have to back the Panthers down at Eltham. In a day that we would like to forget, a very spirited fight back by Eltham on Saturday is my tip.

Vilos, I heard you were the key on Saturday, and you were on your way to a ton and the other boys cost you. Are you the next Mitchell Johnson?? Dominating world cricket not only with the ball, but also blazing away with the stick in your hand??

Tongs;380706 said:
Fantastic write up Cricketbox, its good to get someone actually putting their balls on the line and picking winners of a game. Rather than NEWCC and Brutal just saying that teams that are 10th and 11th are under the pump when the scores are there for all to see.

I agree with all your tips, although I do have to back the Panthers down at Eltham. In a day that we would like to forget, a very spirited fight back by Eltham on Saturday is my tip.

Vilos, I heard you were the key on Saturday, and you were on your way to a ton and the other boys cost you. Are you the next Mitchell Johnson?? Dominating world cricket not only with the ball, but also blazing away with the stick in your hand??

Unlike your good self Tongs, I don`t take myself too seriously! Yes it was a bit obvious for me to say teams 10 and 11 were under the pump, perhaps it was my intention to not only highlight the game situations but also season and relegation stakes as well! Perhaps you could explain why there will be a spirited fightback by Eltham on the weekend, instead of stating the obvious opininion of someone connected with the game! I look forward to your in depth reasoning.

brutal;380707 said:
Unlike your good self Tongs, I don`t take myself too seriously! Yes it was a bit obvious for me to say teams 10 and 11 were under the pump, perhaps it was my intention to not only highlight the game situations but also season and relegation stakes as well! Perhaps you could explain why there will be a spirited fightback by Eltham on the weekend, instead of stating the obvious opininion of someone connected with the game! I look forward to your in depth reasoning.

There were discussion held within the team after the game, and also at training last night. The team bond very well, and whilst we have had a shocking couple of weeks, they are prepared to turn it around. Its not right for me to comment on what was said by people. But expect the Eltham team to have a massive crack on the weekend!

I can tell you that the Eltham players are sick and tired of being written off week in week out, deservedly so, some times. But the fact that every week is Eltham will lose, Eltham are under the pump. How about you get some new material and tell us about how fantastic your club is going, other clubs?

We are struggling we know, but i would expect this week the boys will be coming out to really prove a point and shut up a few people. And then hopefully come home with a few wins after xmas.

NEW are in a good position, and we will have to really bust our chops to win. I am not saying it will be an easy win!

Tongs;380711 said:
There were discussion held within the team after the game, and also at training last night. The team bond very well, and whilst we have had a shocking couple of weeks, they are prepared to turn it around. Its not right for me to comment on what was said by people. But expect the Eltham team to have a massive crack on the weekend!

I can tell you that the Eltham players are sick and tired of being written off week in week out, deservedly so, some times. But the fact that every week is Eltham will lose, Eltham are under the pump. How about you get some new material and tell us about how fantastic your club is going, other clubs?

We are struggling we know, but i would expect this week the boys will be coming out to really prove a point and shut up a few people. And then hopefully come home with a few wins after xmas.

NEW are in a good position, and we will have to really bust our chops to win. I am not saying it will be an easy win!

7-2 field and bowl outswingers a foot outside off stump on a good to fullish length

Tongs;380706 said:

Vilos, I heard you were the key on Saturday, and you were on your way to a ton and the other boys cost you. Are you the next Mitchell Johnson?? Dominating world cricket not only with the ball, but also blazing away with the stick in your hand??[/QUOTE]

Smashing them those batting lessons you gave me over the off season are really paying dividends, everything you told me I am just doing the opposite and surprise I am making runs.

3rd time this year that I've been on my way to a hundred and ran out of partners:D.

Bowl Outside off stump to your field on Saturday and I think your game could go down to the wire.

Things are certainly getting tight at both ends of the ladder. The run home for teams fighting out the top and bottom is as follows

Plenty play North Eltham, Research, Macleod and Lalor Stars
Bundoora play Lower Eltham, Riverside, Research, and Eltham
Macleod play Research, Mernda, Plenty and Epping
Mernda play Riverside, Macleod, Lalor and Lower Eltham
Diamond Creek play Epping, Lower Eltham, Riverside and Research
Riverside play Mernda, Bundoora , Diamond Creek and North Eltham Wanderers
Lalor Stars play Eltham, North Eltham, Mernda and Plenty
Epping play Diamond Creek, Eltham, North Eltham, and Macleod
Research - won't play finals and wont get relagated either
North Eltham play Plenty, Lalor, Epping and Riverside
Lower Eltham play Bundoora, Diamond Creek, Eltham, and Mernda
Eltham play Lalor, Epping, Lower Eltham, and Bundoora

Plenty of crunch games coming up.

Be interesting to share everyone's thoughts on who's going to miss, who's going to finish last, etc etc

Tongs;380711 said:

Yep. Point well proven.

All jokes aside, and you can give me the old "well done for going out on a limb" line if you like, but I think you best prepare to play Money Shield for a few years after that loss.

Here's looking forward to round 10..!

serg fernandez;381274 said:
Things are certainly getting tight at both ends of the ladder. The run home for teams fighting out the top and bottom is as follows

Plenty play North Eltham, Research, Macleod and Lalor Stars
Bundoora play Lower Eltham, Riverside, Research, and Eltham
Macleod play Research, Mernda, Plenty and Epping
Mernda play Riverside, Macleod, Lalor and Lower Eltham
Diamond Creek play Epping, Lower Eltham, Riverside and Research
Riverside play Mernda, Bundoora , Diamond Creek and North Eltham Wanderers
Lalor Stars play Eltham, North Eltham, Mernda and Plenty
Epping play Diamond Creek, Eltham, North Eltham, and Macleod
Research - won't play finals and wont get relagated either
North Eltham play Plenty, Lalor, Epping and Riverside
Lower Eltham play Bundoora, Diamond Creek, Eltham, and Mernda
Eltham play Lalor, Epping, Lower Eltham, and Bundoora

Plenty of crunch games coming up.

Be interesting to share everyone's thoughts on who's going to miss, who's going to finish last, etc etc

Boring day at work, had to do something to fill in the time. Sorry if it's a bit big but started and just kept going.

Please give your thoughts.

PLENTY 36PTS
With NEW and Research first up after Xmas they should consolidate their spot on top. Probably only need to win 2 of 4 after the break to book a spot in the four and in reality should do at least this.
BIG GAMES: Macleod (H) and also Lalor Stars (A) in the last two rounds
WHY? Both opponents will be looking for 6 points to get/keep them in finals contention so will be massive for both teams.
MY TIP: 1 OR 2

BUNDOORA 36PTS
Situated as nice as Plenty but with a slighlty lesser percentage. Have at least 2 games they should definitely win after the break (if not more) which will see them rewarded with a finals berth. Win over the weekend against Epping the perfect tonic before the break.
BIG GAMES: Riverside (A) Rd 9
WHY? Riverside will need the win to stay in touch and Bundoora will need to snuff this one out. Always a big game between the two.
MY TIP: 1 OR 2

MACLEOD 30 PTS
The surprise packet so far. 4 big games after Xmas will explain exactly where they are. Have taken most before them this year and there is no better form than winning form. Tough run home will be very, very interesting.
BIG GAMES: Mernda (H) Rd 10, Plenty (A) Rd 11 and Epping (H) Rd 12
WHY? If they end up in the 4 at the end of it all then they deserve it. Last years grand finallists and the ladder leaders in the last three rounds is a massive ask. Don't be suprised if they slip out.
MY TIP: 5 - 8

MERNDA 28PTS
Have the premiers finally awoken? Form over recent weeks is outstanding which should scare opposition. Batting still brittle but bowling is superb and they play to their strength well. Should hold their spot but too unpredictable to be sure.
BIG GAMES: The first 3 after the break. Riverside (H), Macleod (A) and Lalor Stars (H)
WHY? All three opponents will be eyeing finals action. These three are 12 point games.
MY TIP: 4 -5

DIAMOND CREEK 24 PTS
The early pace setters seem to have hit a snag. Poor result on the weekend not the ideal Xmas present but early wins on the board are worth their weight. Must win 3 out of 4 to be any chance.
BIG GAMES: Epping (A) Rd 8 and Riverside (H) Rd 10
WHY? Simple. Win both of these and not only propel themselves but block the other two. 12 point games both of them.
MY TIP: 5 - 8

RIVERSIDE 24 POINTS
Were showing good form until weekend's loss to Plenty. Will need at least 3 to be any chance too but will be aiming for 4. 3 massive games first up will tell the tale before we get to he last round.
BIG GAMES: Absolutely, the first 3 after the break: Mernda (A), Bundoora (H) and Creek (A).
WHY? 12 point games. Win all 3 and will play finals.
MY TIP: 4 - 8

LALOR STARS 24 PTS
Poor start to the season may come back to bight them. Last years runners up are still on their day a very, very capable side. Bat as good as anyone and have found other bowlers to chop the Unit out which can only be a plus.
BIG GAMES: The last 2: Mernda (A) and Plenty (H)
WHY? Will win their first 2 after the break which will have them in contention making these two match ups even bigger than they already look.
MY TIP: 4 - 8

EPPING 22 PTS
A win against Bundoora on Saturday would have been nice but they turn for home 8th would have been 4th if the result was reversed. With the Hurts x2 they still form a formidable line up and are not to be counted out of the situation......ever.
BIG GAMES: Creek (H) Rd 8 and Macleod (A) Rd 11
WHY? Will easily win their other two so if they can get both of these they will make it for sure.
MY TIP: 3 - 4

RESEARCH
Copped a bit of stick earlier in the year but have tried hard since. Should finish around where they are at the moment but will themselves play a massive role in shaping the final 4. My tip: They ill win a game or two after the break that will hurt the oppositions finals chances as they are capable on their day and all 4 games after the break are against teams in contention.
BIG GAMES: As above
WHY? As above
MY TIP: 9th

NTH ELTHAM
Tough initiation playing every game away from home. Win against Eltham on the weekend was their GF and hopefully they can build on their experience and use it next season.......wherever it may be.
BIG GAMES: All of them
WHY? If they can somehow pinch one it would make them breathe a little easier.
MY TIP: 11th

ELTHAM and LOWER ELTHAM 6PTS EACH
Who would have thunk it. Last years beaten flag favorites in the semi final find themselves in a spot. Eltham have shown some patches here and there but in reality have been lucky that Lower have been ordinary and are keeping them in the hunt.
BIG GAME: The biggest. Round 10 against each other at Lower Eltham.
WHY? Loser is gone. Unless Lower can find a win elsewjre (which is vry possible) as I see them the only one out of the 2 that can pinch one other than when they play each other.
MY TIP: Round 10 to decide the fate (Unless Lower get a win elsewhere)
Lower to finish 10th
Eltham to finish Bottom

captain cuzz;381290 said:
Yep. Point well proven.

All jokes aside, and you can give me the old "well done for going out on a limb" line if you like, but I think you best prepare to play Money Shield for a few years after that loss.

Here's looking forward to round 10..!

Thats cricket. Congratulations to North Eltham on the win, they played very well! Reidy smashed it from ball one, and they deserved the win.

I find it very interesting that there are two teams on the same amount of points and another 3 clear, yet there is only one team going down. Kind of hard to believe that is a certainty with 4 games to go. Anything can happen in sport, and if you had more than 5 brains cells you might have realised that!

Tongs;381706 said:
Thats cricket. Congratulations to North Eltham on the win, they played very well! Reidy smashed it from ball one, and they deserved the win.

I find it very interesting that there are two teams on the same amount of points and another 3 clear, yet there is only one team going down. Kind of hard to believe that is a certainty with 4 games to go. Anything can happen in sport, and if you had more than 5 brains cells you might have realised that!

You blokes were lucky to avoid it last year and have been the worst performed side so far this year, as your spot on the ladder indicates. Whether you sit last by 4 games or by .00001% - you're still last and will probably stay there for the remainder of 2009/10. The law of averages says you'll be playing Money Shield next season.

You're spot on when you say anything can happen, but even you have to admit you'll be pushing shit up hill for the rest of the year.

captain cuzz;381858 said:
You blokes were lucky to avoid it last year and have been the worst performed side so far this year, as your spot on the ladder indicates. Whether you sit last by 4 games or by .00001% - you're still last and will probably stay there for the remainder of 2009/10. The law of averages says you'll be playing Money Shield next season.

You're spot on when you say anything can happen, but even you have to admit you'll be pushing shit up hill for the rest of the year.

You either are a dead set ****er or have no idea about sport! I would be guessing both! Unless you have tipped every single winner in each round this year you cannot say that it is a given that ECC will be going down! Staying up last year proves that when push comes to shove ECC can fight back and win the games they need to stay up.

Your name should be Captain Obvious as only put your well informed comments down after something has happened, or predict things that we all no will happen!

Come back and talk to me champ when you have something worthwhile!

Tongs;381876 said:
You either are a dead set ****er or have no idea about sport! I would be guessing both! Unless you have tipped every single winner in each round this year you cannot say that it is a given that ECC will be going down! Staying up last year proves that when push comes to shove ECC can fight back and win the games they need to stay up.

Your name should be Captain Obvious as only put your well informed comments down after something has happened, or predict things that we all no will happen!

Come back and talk to me champ when you have something worthwhile!

Eltham should go well against the Stars after Xmas as we have 6 1's players on a boat cruise until Thursday of week 2

cold case;381892 said:
Eltham should go well against the Stars after Xmas as we have 6 1's players on a boat cruise until Thursday of week 2

Good luck to the other passengers on the cruise!!!! Hope the ship has plenty of grog:D

cold case;381892 said:

Similar to a Monty Footy Club end of season trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back