DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Tongs;381876 said:
You either are a dead set ****er or have no idea about sport! I would be guessing both! Unless you have tipped every single winner in each round this year you cannot say that it is a given that ECC will be going down! Staying up last year proves that when push comes to shove ECC can fight back and win the games they need to stay up.

Your name should be Captain Obvious as only put your well informed comments down after something has happened, or predict things that we all no will happen!

Come back and talk to me champ when you have something worthwhile!

Of course you're going to get on here and defend your club, and good on you for doing so.

Something's wrong down at ECC if the only time you can get up enough motivation to string some good cricket together is to avoid relegation. If you can win games then, there's no reason why you shouldn't win games all year round.

You get on here and tell us what a tight knit group you are down there and how you're going to come out breathing fire this week against NEW because you're sick of being written off, yet you come away with the same results.

Don't come on here and have a crack at me for trying to make you accountable for the dribble you dish out, you've always got plenty to say about other clubs and their performances, just take the criticism on the chin like you expect everyone else to.

Looks to me like you're the sort of boke who can dish it out, but struggles when he's copping it himself. When someone has a crack at you or your club they're automatically a "dead set ****er or have no idea about sport", heaven forbid someone other than yourself should have an opinion on a DVCA side. Just because anything CAN happen, doesn't mean anything WILL happen. It may well be like tipping a $1.01 favourite but I'm tipping Eltham to finish last, as are at least a few other blokes. We must all be stupid.

captain cuzz;381944 said:
Of course you're going to get on here and defend your club, and good on you for doing so.

Something's wrong down at ECC if the only time you can get up enough motivation to string some good cricket together is to avoid relegation. If you can win games then, there's no reason why you shouldn't win games all year round.

You get on here and tell us what a tight knit group you are down there and how you're going to come out breathing fire this week against NEW because you're sick of being written off, yet you come away with the same results.

Don't come on here and have a crack at me for trying to make you accountable for the dribble you dish out, you've always got plenty to say about other clubs and their performances, just take the criticism on the chin like you expect everyone else to.

Looks to me like you're the sort of boke who can dish it out, but struggles when he's copping it himself. When someone has a crack at you or your club they're automatically a "dead set ****er or have no idea about sport", heaven forbid someone other than yourself should have an opinion on a DVCA side. Just because anything CAN happen, doesn't mean anything WILL happen. It may well be like tipping a $1.01 favourite but I'm tipping Eltham to finish last, as are at least a few other blokes. We must all be stupid.

What do you expect me to say? "My club is rubbish and we will get flogged?"

We are a tight knit group, the problem is and i would be the first to put my hand up, we probably don't have the ability of other clubs! We have some very good players, and some young guys taht if they put their minds to it and apply themselves, they will become very good cricketers!

As for me not liking copping crap, you obviously don't know me personally. I will give it to the cows come home, in good fun, but i will also cop it on the chin! I usually cop a sledge or 8 when i bat, and its great fun! Being on here is nothing different. I just hate soft blokes that hide behind a name on here potting players and clubs. I have never hidden my identity on here, therefore leaving myself open to cop it!

As for everyone on here being a knob. No, just you!

PS Merry Christmas boys, have a safe and happy holiday with family and friends.

Cold Case, have a massive couple of weeks. Just enough so that you are still struggling first game after christmas break. :)

[

Cold Case, have a massive couple of weeks. Just enough so that you are still struggling first game after christmas break. :)[/QUOTE]

one thing is for sure he will come back 15kg heavier:D

Tongs;382024 said:
!

Cold Case, have a massive couple of weeks. Just enough so that you are still struggling first game after christmas break. :)

No need to worry about me. I cant buy a wicket at the moment. I'm fielding well though. I was one of only 3 players last round not to drop a catch. 11 for the game, some racked up two drop catches for the game. Fatguts Kerrigan 2 in 2 overs. He did spank it around though.

Tongs;382024 said:

We are a tight knit group, the problem is and i would be the first to put my hand up, we probably don't have the ability of other clubs! We have some very good players, and some young guys taht if they put their minds to it and apply themselves, they will become very good cricketers!

As for me not liking copping crap, you obviously don't know me personally. I will give it to the cows come home, in good fun, but i will also cop it on the chin! I usually cop a sledge or 8 when i bat, and its great fun! Being on here is nothing different. I just hate soft blokes that hide behind a name on here potting players and clubs. I have never hidden my identity on here, therefore leaving myself open to cop it!

you used the same one-liner to me if I recall correctly.

Anyone up for cricket this week ? Been pretty quiet around here. I made my long awaited comeback to cricket round before x-mas, then made another reirement just as quickly, realising that watching is much more fun, plus you can't have beer on the ground, so that officially rules me out .
Are teams struggling to fill sides this weekend ? I think Macleod will struggle to fill more than 3.

Tongs;382024 said:

Tongs, you say that you guys are down on ability. Whats the juniors coming through like, are there players that you see that could be good 1's players sooner then later? have you lost quality players to subbies and premier? Is it better to stay up and struggle and have players maybe not wanting to play in a team that is struggling, then go down to money work as a club, allow your juniors if they aren't ready yet to play in Barclay a chance to gain experience and form? no easy solution for any club as pride from the players and committee is always on the line.
average age of your firsts?

one shot;383447 said:
Tongs, you say that you guys are down on ability. Whats the juniors coming through like, are there players that you see that could be good 1's players sooner then later? have you lost quality players to subbies and premier? Is it better to stay up and struggle and have players maybe not wanting to play in a team that is struggling, then go down to money work as a club, allow your juniors if they aren't ready yet to play in Barclay a chance to gain experience and form? no easy solution for any club as pride from the players and committee is always on the line.

Mate really good questions! I'll be honest with what you asked:

Down on ability: At Eltham yes we are struggling with having guys that are probably not quite up to A Grade standard (myself included). This is due to a big age gap missing 21-28yo we probably only have about 6 in the whole club. Which split amoung the 5 teams we have hurts. So that weakens our senior teams, as you look at other clubs, alot of their 1s & 2s have these people. This also weakens B grade which should be having players putting pressure on the 1s players. As you can see, our 2s are struggling a bit this year too. In saying that, everyone that is playing in the top 2 grades has ability, we are not playing *******s, its just not full of gun players!

Juniors: We have some fantastic juniors at our club, and some that will be the future of our club. These kids may not be the superstars of the under 16s at the moment, but they will feature in our A grade team alot in the next 5 years. Without putting pressure on them, Nathan & Matty Chrimes, Andy Lamont, Keiran Sheehan all will be very good players if they stick at it and work hard.

There are also a number of under 14, and 16 players that will play a higher level if they stick at it and not throw it in to hit the plss and chase chicks like alot do (i should have).

We lost a few players to subbies/ district over the years, but all clubs do and you can't use that as an excuse. We seem to have had a few lean years with juniors and as the older guys know on here, the flourishing suburbs are also those that the sporting clubs are doing very well. The Mernda's, Mill Park etc these areas.

As for the question. Do you stay up and struggle or go down and maybe win some games. Its personal preference. Me personally, I would rather stay up. You play sport to win, but at the same time, i would rather test myself against the best of the best. I would hope that we stay up, pick up a few players and start having some improvement from the younger guys. But i understand what others say about getting some experience in the "lower" comp. Personal preference i guess.

Average age of our ones? probably about 29!

Good luck this week Quinno. Sorry that I wont be able to trap you in front again but will see you week 2. Hopefully it might be a heat out but doubtful.

cold case;383453 said:
Good luck this week Quinno. Sorry that I wont be able to trap you in front again but will see you week 2. Hopefully it might be a heat out but doubtful.

YOu're not playing? Shlte! I'm not playing either! Fractured my knee in the last game before christmas, so my season is done!

serg fernandez;383428 said:
Anyone up for cricket this week ? Been pretty quiet around here. I made my long awaited comeback to cricket round before x-mas, then made another reirement just as quickly, realising that watching is much more fun, plus you can't have beer on the ground, so that officially rules me out .
Are teams struggling to fill sides this weekend ? I think Macleod will struggle to fill more than 3.

I made a cameo as well as a sub fielder last game before xmas in the magoos. I payed for it for 3 days afterwards. Since then the whites have been incenareted and will never go back to the shop to buy new ones. And the fairy fairy princess I sub fielded for still hasn't bought me a beer.

As for teams struggling this weekend, it's always the hardest round to fill teams up for. Could be an interesting round to see who is actually available and playing.

Tongs;383454 said:
YOu're not playing? Shlte! I'm not playing either! Fractured my knee in the last game before christmas, so my season is done!

Playing every second game. Thats if I can get back in. Me and a few mates and our families are testing out Peter Bugdens' new boat up at Echuca this weekend. Back to work Monday so its the only weekend we can get together. Too early to play on the 9th anyway. Apparently the league officials will be attending games this weekend!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

With the pointy end of the season approaching, just thought i'd pose a few questions of a crystal ball to see what will happen for the rest of the year and see how right we are in 3 months time.

Final Ladder?

Grand Finalists?

Premiers?

Relegation?

Comp Batting?

Comp Bowling?

Comp Medal?

Most improved player?

Club Biggest Surprise packet?

Club biggest Disappointment?

Biggest upset for the year so far?

Just to help you i'll put up a ladder for the first 7 rounds as well as top 10 batting and bowling

Ladder Run Home

Plenty 36 Nth Elt H, Research A, Macleod H, Lalor Stars A.
Bundoora 36 Lwr Elt H, Riverside A, Research H, Eltham A.
Macleod 30 Research A, Mernda H, Plenty A, Epping H.
Mernda 28 Riverside H, Macleod A, Lalor Stars H, Lwr Elt A.
Diamond Creek 24 Epping A, Lwr Elt H, Riverside A, Research H.
Riverside 24 Mernda A, Bundoora H, D/Creek A, Nth Elt H.
Lalor Stars 24 Eltham H, Nth Elt H, Mernda A, Plenty H.
Research 15 Macleod H, Plenty H, Bundoora A, D/Creek A.
North Eltham 9 Plenty A, Lalor Stars A, Epping A, Riverside A.
Lower Eltham 6 Bundoora A, D/Creek A, Eltham H, Mernda H.
Eltham 6 Lalor Stars A, Epping H, Lwr Elt A, Bundoora H.

Batting

Mark Minney Elt 330 @ 55
Wayne Wunhym Bun 317 @45.29
Scott Gibbs Riv 311 @ 51.83
Simon Salpigtidis Riv 293 @ 36.63
Rob Wise Mac 293 @ 58.6
Glen Turner Res 290 @ 48.33
Shupinder Taggar Bun 251 @ 41.83
Steve Kemp LS 234 @ 33.43
Thomas Maclean DC 233 @ 38.83
Jeff Carland Bun 221 @ 55.25

Bowling

Luke Rosbrook Plenty 29/168 @ 5.79
Paul Baker Mernda 25/249 @ 9.96
Scott Gibbs Riverside 24/305 @ 12.71
Luke Burgoyne L/E 21/307 @ 14.62
Brett Glynn D/C 21/315 @ 15
Shupinder Taggar Bun 20/189 @ 9.45
Glen Turner Res 19/370 @ 19.47
Stuart Adams Bun 18/449 @ 24.94
Ian Chesterton Mernda 17/189 @ 11.12
Corey Hurst Epping 17/236 @ 13.88

Before anyone mentions it, yes I was bored at work.

The430king;383467 said:
With the pointy end of the season approaching, just thought i'd pose a few questions of a crystal ball to see what will happen for the rest of the year and see how right we are in 3 months time.

Final Ladder?

Grand Finalists?

Premiers?

Relegation?

Comp Batting?

Comp Bowling?

Comp Medal?

Most improved player?

Club Biggest Surprise packet?

Club biggest Disappointment?

Biggest upset for the year so far?

Just to help you i'll put up a ladder for the first 7 rounds as well as top 10 batting and bowling

Ladder Run Home

Plenty 36 Nth Elt H, Research A, Macleod H, Lalor Stars A.
Bundoora 36 Lwr Elt H, Riverside A, Research H, Eltham A.
Macleod 30 Research A, Mernda H, Plenty A, Epping H.
Mernda 28 Riverside H, Macleod A, Lalor Stars H, Lwr Elt A.
Diamond Creek 24 Epping A, Lwr Elt H, Riverside A, Research H.
Riverside 24 Mernda A, Bundoora H, D/Creek A, Nth Elt H.
Lalor Stars 24 Eltham H, Nth Elt H, Mernda A, Plenty H.
Research 15 Macleod H, Plenty H, Bundoora A, D/Creek A.
North Eltham 9 Plenty A, Lalor Stars A, Epping A, Riverside A.
Lower Eltham 6 Bundoora A, D/Creek A, Eltham H, Mernda H.
Eltham 6 Lalor Stars A, Epping H, Lwr Elt A, Bundoora H.

Batting

Mark Minney Elt 330 @ 55
Rob Wise Mac 293 @ 58.6

Bowling

Luke Rosbrook Plenty 29/168 @ 5.79
Paul Baker Mernda 25/249 @ 9.96
Scott Gibbs Riverside 24/305 @ 12.71
Luke Burgoyne L/E 21/307 @ 14.62
Brett Glynn D/C 21/315 @ 15
Shupinder Taggar Bun 20/189 @ 9.45
Glen Turner Res 19/370 @ 19.47
Stuart Adams Bun 18/449 @ 24.94
Ian Chesterton Mernda 17/189 @ 11.12
Corey Hurst Epping 17/236 @ 13.88

Before anyone mentions it, yes I was bored at work.

Mark Minney Elt 330 @ 55
Rob Wise Mac 293 @ 58.6
--------------------------------------
Luke Burgoyne 64 runs @ 64.

What the hell is going on here? Bowlers around the comp, don't let this batting muppet score another run, because you cannot believe what sort of garbage I have to put up with on a Monday morning. He thinks he's Brian Lara.

serg fernandez;383428 said:

Bundoora fielding four sides comfortably.

one shot;383447 said:

Our under 16s this year probably has the best lot of talent in the one side for at least five seasons, whether they go on with it or not is another thing, but all the names David mentioned are going to be good players.

The biggest issue at our club is as soon as juniors finish, there is the massive issue of "can't be ****ed" syndrome that happens. From last year's 16s side, there is one player that is playing B grade this year. I think there is one other that plays in the lower grades. Where do the other nine go? Who knows?

Around the actual clubrooms this year, the environment has been the best it has been for ages, Trevor Chrimes, the new President, has been doing a fantastic job with the social functions, there's a new range of club clothing, big junior numbers in all ages, we play on the best ground in the Valley, we have good nets (despite them facing directly into the sun, which in my opinion helps no ones batting practice), and generally we all get along reasonably well with one another.

At the moment we just can't seem to get our best team on the field either. I think we have five blokes missing this week that would be in at the moment (Quinny has a pea heart by the way). People have gone away, one has to work, one is studying, etc, basically they are all legit reasons. But anyway, tomorrow is a new round and the 11 that go out there will have a fair dinkum crack at it. I'm 110% pumped for it myself, two Saturdays without cricket have been boring as bat shit...I went shopping last Saturday...shopping!. And when we go out to bowl (Willo will lose the toss) we will do all we can to get those 10 Lalor Stars blokes back into the shade as quick as possible.

Carna Pantha

ps. The rundown of tomorrow's 11s age.

15-20 - 1
21-25 - 4
26-30 - 2
31-35 - 3
36+ - 1

Hoggy;383637 said:
Our under 16s this year probably has the best lot of talent in the one side for at least five seasons, whether they go on with it or not is another thing, but all the names David mentioned are going to be good players.

The biggest issue at our club is as soon as juniors finish, there is the massive issue of "can't be ****ed" syndrome that happens. From last year's 16s side, there is one player that is playing B grade this year. I think there is one other that plays in the lower grades. Where do the other nine go? Who knows?

Around the actual clubrooms this year, the environment has been the best it has been for ages, Trevor Chrimes, the new President, has been doing a fantastic job with the social functions, there's a new range of club clothing, big junior numbers in all ages, we play on the best ground in the Valley, we have good nets (despite them facing directly into the sun, which in my opinion helps no ones batting practice), and generally we all get along reasonably well with one another.

At the moment we just can't seem to get our best team on the field either. I think we have five blokes missing this week that would be in at the moment (Quinny has a pea heart by the way). People have gone away, one has to work, one is studying, etc, basically they are all legit reasons. But anyway, tomorrow is a new round and the 11 that go out there will have a fair dinkum crack at it. I'm 110% pumped for it myself, two Saturdays without cricket have been boring as bat shit...I went shopping last Saturday...shopping!. And when we go out to bowl (Willo will lose the toss) we will do all we can to get those 10 Lalor Stars blokes back into the shade as quick as possible.

Carna Pantha

ps. The rundown of tomorrow's 11s age.

15-20 - 1
21-25 - 4
26-30 - 2
31-35 - 3
36+ - 1

It's a fair point you make there Hoggy. But out of all these 11 players that are walking out onto the ground on Saturday, how much A grade experience has the team got besides Willo and Skips. Are the blokes that are playing up to the standards of A grade? It is very hard situation that your club is in at the moment. My club as well are in your situation currently, being Lower Eltham, but I think our situation is a little different. We have got players who have performed in A grade in the past. Our top 3 batsmen last year in Whitcher, Poyser and Curtis made at least 1500 runs between them last year and have only made a total of 300 between them this year. Our main problem this year has been form. There can be excuses made to that, but that's fact. We also have a few blokes that are probably quite up to the standard, but do have a red hot crack each week, as does Eltham. We also have blooded a couple of players this year to see what they've got as well as blooding a first gamer today who thoroughly deserves his chance. At least your club has an Under 16 and 14 teams this year that you can come through in the next couple of years.

PS. Your right about Quinny lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back