DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

Bundoora;320518 said:
just saw this on the dv website

Nillumbik Council has just closed 14 grounds:
Arthurs Creek Reserve, Campbell Street Reserve Diamond Creek East Primary, Diamond Hills Reserve
Eltham High School, Lower Eltham Park #2 (front)
North Eltham Main Oval, North Eltham Adventure Playground
Kangaroo Ground Oval, Marngrook Reserve
Hurstbridge High #2, Plenty Park
Wattle Glen War Memorial Park, St. Andrews Recreation Reserve

wtf??
that is alot of grounds to find replacement for. i can see the dvca calling off the season for a few grades. i am sure that there are a few grounds in the whittlesea council that would be deemed unfit as well.

A Grade will play the last two games on Saturday on the good grounds. As per usual.

B, D, and F Grade will all play this game on SUNDAY and then play the last game on Saturday.

C, E, and G Grade will play this weeks game on SATURDAY and the last round on SUNDAY. Obviously swapping the other three grades.

As for grounds, there will be teams/clubs that will be playing all over the place due to the lack of grounds.

Tongs;321542 said:
A Grade will play the last two games on Saturday on the good grounds. As per usual.

B, D, and F Grade will all play this game on SUNDAY and then play the last game on Saturday.

C, E, and G Grade will play this weeks game on SATURDAY and the last round on SUNDAY. Obviously swapping the other three grades.

As for grounds, there will be teams/clubs that will be playing all over the place due to the lack of grounds.

selections this week for b,d &f grades will be a nightmare as i have already 4-5 blokes who are unavailable to play in b grade , i knew with the refixturing of grounds and games certain grades would be affected but for b,d &f grades it probably affects the most as it is such short notice .i think there will be a few blokes having a good ol conversation with there wives /girlfriends tonight:D:D

So with 2 rounds left, who's going to go down to Money. Eltham or Lower Plenty ? Would prefer Lower Plently to get demoted purely on the fact that Elthams ground is better. On the Flip side, St Francis to come up would be a nightmare given their ground is shyte. Any chance Collegians can get up and win the flag in Money ??

Thoughts

43 degs on Sat, if the weather bureau's are right!!

How would this affect teams leading up to the finals??

milo kerrigan;321551 said:
selections this week for b,d &f grades will be a nightmare as i have already 4-5 blokes who are unavailable to play in b grade , i knew with the refixturing of grounds and games certain grades would be affected but for b,d &f grades it probably affects the most as it is such short notice .i think there will be a few blokes having a good ol conversation with there wives /girlfriends tonight:D:D

The DVCA should supply divorce lawyers to all players as apart of their fees!

serg fernandez;321567 said:
So with 2 rounds left, who's going to go down to Money. Eltham or Lower Plenty ? Would prefer Lower Plently to get demoted purely on the fact that Elthams ground is better. On the Flip side, St Francis to come up would be a nightmare given their ground is shyte. Any chance Collegians can get up and win the flag in Money ??

Thoughts

Your right St Francis ground would have to be one of the worst in the comp,its a 2k walk to get to the ground from the club rooms as well. As far of a winner St Francis have been playing some good cricket but did get beaten last week by Yarrambat. There are still a few teams on there day can win St Francis, Yarrambat,Eltham College,and I think Mont are a real chance as well. The Money sides will take Elthams ground any day over St Francis..With a bit of luck we get alot of rain this winter to help the grounds out!

Tongs;321542 said:

The Wizz;321573 said:
Your right St Francis ground would have to be one of the worst in the comp,its a 2k walk to get to the ground from the club rooms as well. As far of a winner St Francis have been playing some good cricket but did get beaten last week by Yarrambat. There are still a few teams on there day can win St Francis, Yarrambat,Eltham College,and I think Mont are a real chance as well. The Money sides will take Elthams ground any day over St Francis..With a bit of luck we get alot of rain this winter to help the grounds out!

Was speaking to someone over at Mont who suggested to me that they are not ready to re-enter Barclay Shield at this stage. What he meant by that comment, and I'm only guessing, is that they have a lot of juniors playing the top two grades, and also a lot of older , more senior members who are close to finished, so the situation is not ideal at the moment. In saying that, I doubt they can win Money in any event this year.

If going into the last game and Eltham and LP are both stuck on 1 win each, and Eltham happen to lose, does everyone think that Minney will continue with them. And if so, do your reckon his average would be up around the 500's ???

Thoughts

There is no possible chance that Minney would leave if they were relegated. He is as eltham as bolton street. Whether Arnberger would play on if lp got relegated is the question.

milo kerrigan;321551 said:

The DVCA should supply divorce lawyers to all players as apart of their fees!

riversider;321593 said:
There is no possible chance that Minney would leave if they were relegated. He is as eltham as bolton street. Whether Arnberger would play on if lp got relegated is the question.

I was under the impression that Skip is having next season off, regardless of where they end up.

As for ARNBERGER, i'd think that Lower would have tried to stitch him up for a few years when they signed him, time will tell....

serg fernandez;321567 said:

Thoughts

Bundoora;321606 said:
I was under the impression that Skip is having next season off, regardless of where they end up.

As for ARNBERGER, i'd think that Lower would have tried to stitch him up for a few years when they signed him, time will tell....

Who do you think would be trying to get out of the contract the most? Arnberger to go to another club so he doesn't have to play Money Shield (hopefully) Or Lower Plenty so they are not paying a truck load for no return?

The Wizz;321573 said:

Was speaking to someone over at Mont who suggested to me that they are not ready to re-enter Barclay Shield at this stage. What he meant by that comment, and I'm only guessing, is that they have a lot of juniors playing the top two grades, and also a lot of older , more senior members who are close to finished, so the situation is not ideal at the moment. In saying that, I doubt they can win Money in any event this year.

If going into the last game and Eltham and LP are both stuck on 1 win each, and Eltham happen to lose, does everyone think that Minney will continue with them. And if so, do your reckon his average would be up around the 500's ???

riversider;321593 said:

Isn't Bolton street on the border of Monty?

riversider;321593 said:

Isn't Bolton Street in Mont?:confused:

riversider;321593 said:

Bundoora;321606 said:

Who do you think would be trying to get out of the contract the most? Arnberger to go to another club so he doesn't have to play Money Shield (hopefully) Or Lower Plenty so they are not paying a truck load for no return?

riversider;321593 said:

Isn't Bolton street on the border of Monty?

The Wizz;321573 said:

Its only a 2k walk if you are fat and way past the expiary date. Its a shorter walk than Mill Parks ground to the Plough though and i dont hear any complaints?:D:D:D

riversider;321593 said:

Isn't Bolton Street in Mont?:confused:

Firstly can I just say, MEDEL, you have the best picture on the DVCA by a street. It's pure gold!

But in all seriousness, what does everyone think the onedayer will make to this weeks results? Personally (and this is from an Eltham player) I believe that being a one day game will help or chances of winning this week. Do I think they will win? Well I wouldn't put my left nut on it, but I will say they have more chance.

On the other hand, I also believe it will increase Lower Plenty's chance of reaching their unreachable at the moment.

What are the other teams think of their chances?

Tongs;323026 said:
Firstly can I just say, MEDEL, you have the best picture on the DVCA by a street. It's pure gold!

But in all seriousness, what does everyone think the onedayer will make to this weeks results? Personally (and this is from an Eltham player) I believe that being a one day game will help or chances of winning this week. Do I think they will win? Well I wouldn't put my left nut on it, but I will say they have more chance.

On the other hand, I also believe it will increase Lower Plenty's chance of reaching their unreachable at the moment.

i'd much rather be playing Eltham in a two day game, but having said that i think our bowling is good enough to keep consistent pressure for the whole 40overs, which i hope will work to our advantage, i think whoever wins the toss will bat because runs on the board will be very important.

Cant agree on Lower Plenty, After seeing Epping first hand last week i was very impressed, there bowling and groundfielding were excellent and Fletch is in good form, Topham is due & they have the hitters capable of making a big score. i was also suprised to here they have not been beaten at home for 2 years, so i can't see it happening this game.

i see butters got dropped back to play in the 2's after Saturday was called off, was it to make way for D.Quinlan??

Bundoora;323208 said:
i'd much rather be playing Eltham in a two day game, but having said that i think our bowling is good enough to keep consistent pressure for the whole 40overs, which i hope will work to our advantage, i think whoever wins the toss will bat because runs on the board will be very important.

Cant agree on Lower Plenty, After seeing Epping first hand last week i was very impressed, there bowling and groundfielding were excellent and Fletch is in good form, Topham is due & they have the hitters capable of making a big score. i was also suprised to here they have not been beaten at home for 2 years, so i can't see it happening this game.

i see butters got dropped back to play in the 2's after Saturday was called off, was it to make way for D.Quinlan??

I am pleased to announce that Noodles was dropped for the game (a spinner batting at 11 is not overly required in a oneday game, and he actually put his hand up) as for his replacement, although I am in "blistering" form, no I will not be returning this week. Rumour has it, you have too many quick blokes for me! haha

I wish you bloke the best of luck, and whilst I am happy to see you guys get up each week, I hope you lose this week. Purely for the sake of ECC, and thats it. I must admit I am very happy its a oneday game! Hopefully skips can bat 40 overs!

By the way, are you actually playing at the moment? I heard you weren't playing at the moment? Is it true, and if so why?

The Wizz;321573 said:

Its only a 2k walk if you are fat and way past the expiary date. Its a shorter walk than Mill Parks ground to the Plough though and i dont hear any complaints?:D:D:D

Tongs;323227 said:
I am pleased to announce that Noodles was dropped for the game (a spinner batting at 11 is not overly required in a oneday game, and he actually put his hand up) as for his replacement, although I am in "blistering" form, no I will not be returning this week. Rumour has it, you have too many quick blokes for me! haha

I wish you bloke the best of luck, and whilst I am happy to see you guys get up each week, I hope you lose this week. Purely for the sake of ECC, and thats it. I must admit I am very happy its a oneday game! Hopefully skips can bat 40 overs!

By the way, are you actually playing at the moment? I heard you weren't playing at the moment? Is it true, and if so why?

Wasn't far off dropping myself this game, but unless someone in the selection room has a big mouth, not sure how you'd know that:confused:

i am playing and have been all year, just done jack all since round 4, hence the fact i "brought" two cheap wickets at the death last game to justify my place!!!

Should be a good game, i'm sure Eltham will rate there chances and both clubs still have plenty too play for so i'm sure it will be a great contest.

Bundoora;323237 said:
Wasn't far off dropping myself this game, but unless someone in the selection room has a big mouth, not sure how you'd know that:confused:

i am playing and have been all year, just done jack all since round 4, hence the fact i "brought" two cheap wickets at the death last game to justify my place!!!

Should be a good game, i'm sure Eltham will rate there chances and both clubs still have plenty too play for so i'm sure it will be a great contest.

With no disrespect that is. Eltham know they are starting way behind the eight ball, but knew we might have more of a chance against you in a one day team.

A wicket is a wicket, cheap wickets? No such thing. I am still living off my ONE a grade wicket! That poor bloke!

Tongs;323026 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back