DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

The430king;324425 said:
Haven't we told you blokes to stop spruiking your crap on Barclay Shield until you guys are actually here. At this stage we couldn't care less if you come up or not. I'm tipping you don't see blokes from Eltham or Lower Plenty going to the Money Shield thread and say 'Hey guys, see ya next year'. Until you guys actually come up to the real stuff, the big time, p@#s off and stop clogging up this thread.

Nuff said.
W3 hAvE a JoKKErr N' D@ HoUSe

Well done panthers great win today against Bundoora. Gee what a waste of a season after last year's top 4 finish. Batting first and making 220+ in a one dayer against the bottom team, shame on you Bulls!!!!

The430king;324425 said:
Haven't we told you blokes to stop spruiking your crap on Barclay Shield until you guys are actually here. At this stage we couldn't care less if you come up or not. I'm tipping you don't see blokes from Eltham or Lower Plenty going to the Money Shield thread and say 'Hey guys, see ya next year'. Until you guys actually come up to the real stuff, the big time, p@#s off and stop clogging up this thread.

Nuff said.

i'm terribly sorry if my post wasted a small portion of your day on an internet website

besides, nothing wrong about a little niggle here and there about who's going to barclay next year and who wont, im sure thats still considered barclay shield topic material

it's better than hearing about if bolton street is in eltham or not, or players joking about coming out of retirement at the expense of a few laughs,
please

Grandstand;325144 said:
Well done panthers great win today against Bundoora. Gee what a waste of a season after last year's top 4 finish. Batting first and making 220+ in a one dayer against the bottom team, shame on you Bulls!!!!

Not a waste, but disappointing, although the club is going very well at the moment.

I think you've done Eltham a diservice, from what I hear skips batted well and sean made some serious runs for the first time in a while.

NEWCC (L);324825 said:
i'm terribly sorry if my post wasted a small portion of your day on an internet website

besides, nothing wrong about a little niggle here and there about who's going to barclay next year and who wont, im sure thats still considered barclay shield topic material

it's better than hearing about if bolton street is in eltham or not, or players joking about coming out of retirement at the expense of a few laughs,
please

Maybe next time you want to post on this thread, you go ask mummy and daddy if they think its a good idea first. Back to Money Shield champ!

Looks like Lower Plenty are gone. What's the percentage difference between Eltham and LP anyone?

Tongs;325072 said:
Maybe next time you want to post on this thread, you go ask mummy and daddy if they think its a good idea first. Back to Money Shield champ!
It's really pleasing to see someone of your intelligence only bringing up a poor joke about my age, when you didn't have anything to say to comeback to my previous comment.

My comments before did refer to Barclay Shield, so I'm not sure what your winging about.

five80;325211 said:
Looks like Lower Plenty are gone. What's the percentage difference between Eltham and LP anyone?

OK here is the senario - Lower Plenty need to beat Eltham by 105 runs. This will put them 0.001 percent ahead. This calculation is based on both teams losing 10 wickets and of course Lower Plenty being 105 runs in front. Good luck to both clubs.

100% BULL;325154 said:
Not a waste, but disappointing, although the club is going very well at the moment.

I think you've done Eltham a diservice, from what I hear skips batted well and sean made some serious runs for the first time in a while.

Firstly, as I said in a post a few days ago, i actually tipped Eltham to go alright this week against the bulls. It was a fantastic team effort, and skips yet again dominate. Well done boys!

As for the comment on Soca, I think you are being a bit harsh, its his second game of the year, and barely played last year due to injury! Cut the bloke some slack!

I don't think Lower Plenty can possibly beat Eltham by over 105 runs. Not on the first 10 games form!

Grandstand;325144 said:

Tongs;325230 said:
Firstly, as I said in a post a few days ago, i actually tipped Eltham to go alright this week against the bulls. It was a fantastic team effort, and skips yet again dominate. Well done boys!

As for the comment on Soca, I think you are being a bit harsh, its his second game of the year, and barely played last year due to injury! Cut the bloke some slack!

I don't think Lower Plenty can possibly beat Eltham by over 105 runs. Not on the first 10 games form!

retracted

Now it's getting to that time of year when the home & away business is done & dusted and we get into the finals Now I think its time for everyone's thoughts on who will play each other in semi finals, who will play the grand final and who'll win the flag.

Here are my thoughts

Semi Finals

Lower Eltham v Lalor Stars.
Epping v Mernda.

Grand Final

Lower Eltham v Epping

Premiers

Lower Eltham.

Grand Final preview I believe this weekend. Be a cracking game. I believe lower showed they are the real deal yesterday with a dominant performance against Plenty.
I believe Plenty will beat Mernda this weekend, but Lalor Stars wont have a problem beating Macleod which will see them hold onto 4th spot.

five80;325211 said:

OK here is the senario - Lower Plenty need to beat Eltham by 105 runs. This will put them 0.001 percent ahead. This calculation is based on both teams losing 10 wickets and of course Lower Plenty being 105 runs in front. Good luck to both clubs.

NEWCC (L);325136 said:
It's really pleasing to see someone of your intelligence only bringing up a poor joke about my age, when you didn't have anything to say to comeback to my previous comment.

My comments before did refer to Barclay Shield, so I'm not sure what your winging about.

Are you still here. I don't believe North Eltham have won the flag yet.

100% BULL;325154 said:

100% BULL;325154 said:

in what respect is the club doing well, both your and 1st's and 2nd's arnt going to make the finals.

Tongs;325230 said:

retracted

PremiersAgain;325522 said:
in what respect is the club doing well, both your and 1st's and 2nd's arnt going to make the finals.

If both of the sides you refer to win this week, which is a real possibility then they both finish just short of finals. The next three sides will all make the finals, the jnr teams are doing well. Heaps of kids playing good snr cricket, two of them lead the way today in the 2nds.

We've blooded heaps of young players and the older players have shown great leadership around the club.

Record numbers at training, great social numbers, strong committee and good financials.

In many many respects we are doing well. Thanks for enquiring.

Now it's getting to that time of year when the home & away business is done & dusted and we get into the finals Now I think its time for everyone's thoughts on who will play each other in semi finals, who will play the grand final and who'll win the flag.

Here are my thoughts

Semi Finals

Epping v Mernda.

Grand Final

Lower Eltham v Epping

Premiers

Lower Eltham.

Grand Final preview I believe this weekend. Be a cracking game. I believe lower showed they are the real deal yesterday with a dominant performance against Plenty.
I believe Plenty will beat Mernda this weekend, but Lalor Stars wont have a problem beating Macleod which will see them hold onto 4th spot.

100% BULL;325548 said:
If both of the sides you refer to win this week, which is a real possibility then they both finish just short of finals. The next three sides will all make the finals, the jnr teams are doing well. Heaps of kids playing good snr cricket, two of them lead the way today in the 2nds.

We've blooded heaps of young players and the older players have shown great leadership around the club.

Record numbers at training, great social numbers, strong committee and good financials.

and as a kid its the best possible club to play at.

NEWCC (L);325136 said:

Are you still here. I don't believe North Eltham have won the flag yet.

Grandstand;325144 said:

you should have been a blow job......

100% BULL;325154 said:

In regards to Saturday, take nothing away from Eltham, they deserved to win. Skip, well, he just did what he always does and Shaun had a crack early & had some luck combined with some good hitting.
We didn't do a lot wrong, didn't bowl as well as expected but were beaten by a better team on the day.

In the end we were probably 30 runs short of what we should of made, 3 blokes got in the 40s and got out, one of them gets 80 and we probably win.

same story all year, our batting is suspect under pressure and we won't get any better until that improves

PremiersAgain;325522 said:

The430king;325310 said:

Here are my thoughts

Semi Finals

Epping v Mernda.

Grand Final

Lower Eltham v Epping

Premiers

Lower Eltham.

What an interesting weekend of cricket.

Both Plenty and Riverside put in stinkers in what can only be described as must win games, whilst Stars have just about booked themselves a spot in the 4 for sure.

Creek continue to show absolutely nothing, whilst the best bat in the country behind Ricky Ponting gets another score this time helping his team get out of the relegation zone and take the points off a now finals impaired Bundoora outfit.

King, I too think Plenty will bounce back against Mernda, but they will either need to win outright or have Macleod beat the Stars, stranger things have happened. Mt final four is going to be Lower Eltham - Epping - Mernda and Stars/Plenty(miracle pending).

Imagine if the finals turn in to one dayers, who would get Justin Whitcher out?

Cow Corner, thanks for your comments on las weeks mammoth post, and yes King, it was a slow week at work.

Stay tuned for this weeks tips, why? and watch out for's: later in the week.

100% BULL;325548 said:

and as a kid its the best possible club to play at.

Bundoora;325605 said:
In regards to Saturday, take nothing away from Eltham, they deserved to win. Skip, well, he just did what he always does and Shaun had a crack early & had some luck combined with some good hitting.
We didn't do a lot wrong, didn't bowl as well as expected but were beaten by a better team on the day.

In the end we were probably 30 runs short of what we should of made, 3 blokes got in the 40s and got out, one of them gets 80 and we probably win.

same story all year, our batting is suspect under pressure and we won't get any better until that improves

Thats exactly my thoughts on the game. You really didn't do alot wrong. But one club has 3 guys get 40, one has 2 get 80's. All in all, it was a great game to watch. And great to stick it up to 99% of the people that had no doubt Eltham will go down. I know we are still a big chance, but we are 1 step closer to staying up!

Grandstand;325144 said:

you should have been a blow job......

Tongs;325780 said:
Thats exactly my thoughts on the game. You really didn't do alot wrong. But one club has 3 guys get 40, one has 2 get 80's. All in all, it was a great game to watch. And great to stick it up to 99% of the people that had no doubt Eltham will go down. I know we are still a big chance, but we are 1 step closer to staying up!

all in all i think most of the barclay shield community would be more than happy to see lower plenty go down and the panther stay up.

Has anyone heard if this round will be a one dayer as the dvca were thinking of having a charity match on the last week for the bushfires, the clubs i have spoken to have all agreed with the concept but as of yet have not heard any news from the dvca.

The430king;325310 said:

Here are my thoughts

Semi Finals

Epping v Mernda.

Grand Final

Lower Eltham v Epping

Premiers

Lower Eltham.

What an interesting weekend of cricket.

Both Plenty and Riverside put in stinkers in what can only be described as must win games, whilst Stars have just about booked themselves a spot in the 4 for sure.

Creek continue to show absolutely nothing, whilst the best bat in the country behind Ricky Ponting gets another score this time helping his team get out of the relegation zone and take the points off a now finals impaired Bundoora outfit.

King, I too think Plenty will bounce back against Mernda, but they will either need to win outright or have Macleod beat the Stars, stranger things have happened. Mt final four is going to be Lower Eltham - Epping - Mernda and Stars/Plenty(miracle pending).

Imagine if the finals turn in to one dayers, who would get Justin Whitcher out?

Cow Corner, thanks for your comments on las weeks mammoth post, and yes King, it was a slow week at work.

Stay tuned for this weeks tips, why? and watch out for's: later in the week.

milo kerrigan;326041 said:
Has anyone heard if this round will be a one dayer as the dvca were thinking of having a charity match on the last week for the bushfires, the clubs i have spoken to have all agreed with the concept but as of yet have not heard any news from the dvca.

i know Epping were against it (not the charity match, but another one dayer)

We are happy to play a one-dayer, and voted that way before last game as did Riverside
you would think we would be told by now if this was to go ahead.

i'm not fussed either way, but i tend to agree with Eppings point that most if not all clubs will be contributing to the appeal in some way and another one-dayer is probably not an ideal preperation for the clubs playing finals.

having said that, i beleive that Banyule & Whittlesea councils were to meet this week in regards to the grounds (even after they guaranteed them two weeks ago). we might not have a choice.

Bundoora;325605 said:

PremiersAgain;325825 said:
all in all i think most of the barclay shield community would be more than happy to see lower plenty go down and the panther stay up.

why?

Tongs;325780 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back