DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

Has anyone heard if this round will be a one dayer as the dvca were thinking of having a charity match on the last week for the bushfires, the clubs i have spoken to have all agreed with the concept but as of yet have not heard any news from the dvca.

20/20 this Thursday Night
@ Bundoora cricket club from 6pm
Bundoora Cricket Club V Watsonia Footy Club
BBQ, RAFFLES, AUCTIONS, FACE PAINTING & OTHER ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS

ALL PROCEEDS TO BUSHFIRE APPEAL

I've just comfirmed that Current Superstar Jockeys, Brad Rawiller & Steven Arnold along with former top jockey Jason Patton & Former Collingwood Champion Tony Shaw will all be playing on the night. Great effort by these people to make themselves available!!

The Cricket match will begin @ about 6pm which will be followed by an Auction & drawing of the raffle - peole will be walking around all evening selling tickets & carrying tins for donations so please break open the piggy banks & come prepared.

Thanks

Deano

milo kerrigan;326041 said:
Has anyone heard if this round will be a one dayer as the dvca were thinking of having a charity match on the last week for the bushfires, the clubs i have spoken to have all agreed with the concept but as of yet have not heard any news from the dvca.

i know Epping were against it (not the charity match, but another one dayer)

We are happy to play a one-dayer, and voted that way before last game as did Riverside
you would think we would be told by now if this was to go ahead.

i'm not fussed either way, but i tend to agree with Eppings point that most if not all clubs will be contributing to the appeal in some way and another one-dayer is probably not an ideal preperation for the clubs playing finals.

having said that, i beleive that Banyule & Whittlesea councils were to meet this week in regards to the grounds (even after they guaranteed them two weeks ago). we might not have a choice.

Bundoora;326115 said:

I've just comfirmed that Current Superstar Jockeys, Brad Rawiller & Steven Arnold along with former top jockey Jason Patton & Former Collingwood Champion Tony Shaw will all be playing on the night. Great effort by these people to make themselves available!!

The Cricket match will begin @ about 6pm which will be followed by an Auction & drawing of the raffle - peole will be walking around all evening selling tickets & carrying tins for donations so please break open the piggy banks & come prepared.

Thanks

Deano

and a great job to brad who organised this event cannot tell he loves his racing at all.

should be a good night.
will be a very good night if every one makes and effort to get there.

and who was the last person to call you deano???

PremiersAgain;325825 said:
all in all i think most of the barclay shield community would be more than happy to see lower plenty go down and the panther stay up.

why?

Bundoora;326115 said:

Thanks

Deano

Any chance of Chocko and Redeye playing ?

Thanks

Deano

PremiersAgain;326146 said:
the only real reason im thinking is that next year we will still have the chance to play at elthams ground. no more no less

so true.

best ground in the comp by far

Bundoora;326115 said:

Thanks

Deano

and a great job to brad who organised this event cannot tell he loves his racing at all.

should be a good night.
will be a very good night if every one makes and effort to get there.

and who was the last person to call you deano???

Grandstand;326142 said:

nah sorry, theye are pre occupied with the 3 way sprint at the change of innings - chocko, redeye & taz.

will you be in attendance, maybe make yourself known and have a beer??

Bundoora;326115 said:

Thanks

Deano

Bundoora;326156 said:
nah sorry, theye are pre occupied with the 3 way sprint at the change of innings - chocko, redeye & taz.

haha.

the only real reason im thinking is that next year we will still have the chance to play at elthams ground. no more no less

so true.

best ground in the comp by far

If thats the case, your club should go down. The most disgraceful ground in the valley, especially after having the best. Maybe you guys should have bought a water tank a few years ago, instead of buying flags?

Grandstand;326142 said:

Bundoora;326156 said:

Surely redeye will be sitting in the corner having a huge conversation with himself.

legend of a bear;326184 said:
In barclay shield? Couldnt do any worse than deano in the opening position.

See ya thursday. ;)

i reckoned i've opened twice in 5 years, both against Eltham and if i'm not mistaken the previous time was with your good self. I didn't hang around much longer then either!!

i

Bundoora;326156 said:

haha.

Tongs;326277 said:
If thats the case, your club should go down. The most disgraceful ground in the valley, especially after having the best. Maybe you guys should have bought a water tank a few years ago, instead of buying flags?

nah we just thought we would follow your lead and let it get so ****ed the council will have no option but to re surface the whole ground. imagin that, 4 flags in a row and a couple of years later a brand spanking new ground to create another era of flags

Bundoora;326156 said:

Surely redeye will be sitting in the corner having a huge conversation with himself.

PremiersAgain;326608 said:
nah we just thought we would follow your lead and let it get so ****ed the council will have no option but to re surface the whole ground. imagin that, 4 flags in a row and a couple of years later a brand spanking new ground to create another era of flags

maybe leave the bragging to the guys that actually played a part in the premierships....

legend of a bear;326184 said:
In barclay shield? Couldnt do any worse than deano in the opening position.

See ya thursday. ;)

i reckoned i've opened twice in 5 years, both against Eltham and if i'm not mistaken the previous time was with your good self. I didn't hang around much longer then either!!

i

Tongs;326277 said:

The boys in MS have given me odds for the comp medal for vBookie, due to the stats being hidden on the site what I am after is some help, can a few of you guys pm me with your thought....a top ten or 15 will do.

If I don't get any I will be unable o open a thread for the medal.

Cheers

CC
Mod

CowCorner;326757 said:
The boys in MS have given me odds for the comp medal for vBookie, due to the stats being hidden on the site what I am after is some help, can a few of you guys pm me with your thought....a top ten or 15 will do.

Cheers

CC
Mod

As an interested spectator from the Grandstands of the Valley I believe the medal will come down to about 8 real chances. In order to assist CC I put forward the following.

Minney $ 1.45 (600+ @77)
Gibbs $ 1.90 (460+runs & 28 wickets@12)
Witcher $ 3.00 (500+ runs @65)
Baker $ 4.50 (36 wickets@12)
P.Hurst $ 6.00 (25 wickets@18)
Salvatore $ 6.50 (29 wickets@13)
Fletcher $ 10.00 (350+runs @52)
Keays $ 15.00 (27 wickets@18)

PremiersAgain;326608 said:

maybe leave the bragging to the guys that actually played a part in the premierships....

And it all comes down to this for a few team!

Only one real spot can change in the four but even more importantly, the one at the bottom of the table can, here are my thoughts for the week:

Epping vs Lower Eltham:
Lower Eltham
Why? I'm not 100% sure, but I just think they will get up in what I am calling the GF preview. These two will almost certainly play off for the big one in a few weeks but I reckon Salvatore will do the job with the ball for his side and Lower will have too deep a batting line up not to haul in Epping's total or set a big one, despite Epping having clearly the best bowling line up in the Valley. Would love to be there to watch it, can you imagine: Hurst, Hurst, McTaggart and Claudio vs Whitcher, Poyser, Gunn and Curtis. Fantastic!
Watch Out For?: A good hard game of cricket in which both sides will be looking to indent some doubt into the opposition before a possible meeting later on in the season.

Macleod vs Stars:
Stars
Why? Made a meal of the in form side Riverside last week and Macleod are nowhere near that. Add the fact that if they win they are guaranteed a final spot unless Plenty can beat 2nd placed Mernda outright and you come with the conclusion that the Stars should be well and truly on top of thier game for this one. I can't see any of Macleod's bats being able to withstand Keays save for Waddingham maybe, and I can't see Macleod taking 10 wickets for under 250.
Watch Out For?: A quickfire massive Volpe innings.

Eltham vs Lower Plenty:
Eltham
Why? Because they will wan't to win more than Lower who have been the bigget disappointment in cricket this year. No offense, but, it's true. No one at Lower is good enough with the ball to get the master out and he will make another big one and ensure that his team either wins or avoids relegation. Feel sorry for Zerafa who is that good a bat he deserves some mates who help him, maybe this is the time to show it guys?
Watch Out For? Minney and Zerafa hundreds and bye bye Lower.

Mernda vs Plenty:
Plenty
Why? Need to win at least first innings to be any chance and would be disappointed with their effort last week when they also needed to win. Baker and Chesterton will be they keys for Mernda but I reckon Plenty's Hubber and Rosbrook will do most of the damage to a suspect Mernda batting outfit. If Plenty can bowl first then who knows what will happen as if you were looking for an outright there is probbly no better place than up at Mernda. Plenty will win purely because their batting will hold up better.
Watch Out For? A lot of wickets falling to 4 very, very good bowlers.

Research vs Bundoora:
Research
Why? Up at home they will make to many for Bundoora who would be still disappointed with last weeks effort. Between Ross, Turner and Malone one of them will get a hundred and post too many for Bundoora on the batter friendly deck and ground. Both teams would probably be disappointed with their years, especially the Bulls who tatsed finals last year.
Watch Out For? Some big scores.

Riverside vs Creek:
Riverside
Why? Despite hiccup last week that cost them their season they will bounce back against the second most disappointing side this year, Creek. They were excellent at times last year Creek and would have set their sights on the final four at the start of the year as would Riverside. Both teams have some big nams who are still very very good players and would hate to lose the final match. Gibbsy and Hansen have had fantastic years, congratulations to both.
Watch Out For? A Gibbs hundred to get 3 much needed votes to try and catch Minney.

Feel free to leave your own thoughts this week, it gets boring reading your own posts all of the time, someone give me a chop out.

Proposal currently under consideration for Greensborough CC to join the DVCA from next season. They will be starting in Money Shield which will create a bye unless either a club drops off or they find another one to join.

Will be voted on at a Special General Meeting in the near future.

Thoughts?

Cheers

CC
Mod

Bubble Wrap;326969 said:
Proposal currently under consideration for Greensborough CC to join the DVCA from next season. They will be starting in Money Shield which will create a bye unless either a club drops off or they find another one to join.

Will be voted on at a Special General Meeting in the near future.

Thoughts?
Being from the HDCA it would be a significant loss for the competition in regards to the number of teams they have however, they haven't had any great success of late and won't even make the finals in A grade this season! This being the case i would suggest that maybe Money Shield is a bit high for them???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back