Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

Semi Final Umpires:

David Moore
Chris Doupe
Nick Shearer
Barry Johnson

Wouldn't be my top 4, but here's hoping they all have a good one and the best teams win.

creekers08/09;333142 said:
Anyone have any highlights for the year, from your club, other clubs?

Fridge winning the poker night after having the guts to buy back in for $250.

Gunny hitting a straight six at eltham through the goals first ball with his new bat after telling us to bring it out when he was going to tee off.

all right boys, this is how its goin to play this weekend. The one they call the rooster down at darebin will rip through these little rich daddies boys from lower eltham. And volpe will be setting the pitch ablaze

The430king;333118 said:
Vilos, it's time for my right of reply. There are a couple of things you have missed out upon here.

1. The average missed a 1 in there, it was actually 81.78 pal and it was in D grade, not F.

2. Indeed i was skipper of that H Grade premiership side, but you didn't mention the fact that I took 15 wickets with the pill at an average of about 15 that year, that's why I was in the side, along with my exceptional slip catching for the year, even if they were poopas.

3. I haven't got much for Monday morning. I was indeed carving up the dance floor, being a swordsmen and geniune pantsman, but it has worked.

4. I never played and missed outside off stump because I was either smashing the ball out the park or seeing my pegs cartwheeling.

Pal, get your facts right before spreading vicious inneuendo on this forum. I think i'll have to send Mr Rentokil onto you. I'm coming after you Way Chuck, bwoody oaf.

Come on King everyone in the valley knows that you wouldn't average 81.78 against Jan Lambeth in the backyard. I actually checked the figures and I was wrong it was 109 runs @ 8.43.

As for the wickets you don't mention the economy rate of 11.23 per over I will give you the cudos on the wickets but 12 caught on the boundry and 3 stumped isn't exactly what you would tell the grand kids in years to come.

Like I said in the earlier post there was nothing more impossing then the King of the long run charging in you were just a born intimadiator.

I just hope I can match you at the weekend in a can/runs ratio your the clear favorite I would have to play out of my skin to get close.

snowball17;333467 said:
i duno were u blokes talk more rubbish on here or at the pub, bring back that noble bloke lower eltham had a few years back, good for cricket haha.

You'd hate to see the s^&t we talk at the pub after 30 schoofters.

are not 3 of the 4 sides playing this weekend, originally from JIKA, pretty good rap for that comp, eh

Being from Lower Eltham, hopefully our highlight will come in a couple of weeks. But for now, it would have to be Whitchers cracking form this year. He's making batting look easy again, which is ominous for the teams we meet in the next couple of weeks. Other highlights are Burgs's classy innings last weekend and Scotty Coutts sub fielding in Round 2 after frayney breaking his wrist.

Vilos;333788 said:

Come on King everyone in the valley knows that you wouldn't average 81.78 against Jan Lambeth in the backyard. I actually checked the figures and I was wrong it was 109 runs @ 8.43.

As for the wickets you don't mention the economy rate of 11.23 per over I will give you the cudos on the wickets but 12 caught on the boundry and 3 stumped isn't exactly what you would tell the grand kids in years to come.

Like I said in the earlier post there was nothing more impossing then the King of the long run charging in you were just a born intimadiator.

I just hope I can match you at the weekend in a can/runs ratio your the clear favorite I would have to play out of my skin to get close.

Now that's some sort of action I'd love to see! The action in making babies that leads to the grand kids.:D:D:D

Fridge winning the poker night after having the guts to buy back in for $250.

Gunny hitting a straight six at eltham through the goals first ball with his new bat after telling us to bring it out when he was going to tee off.

Strange result at Epping looks like Mernda need to bat a little longer to secure a berth in the big one. Can they hold on? And how log do they need to, they certainly did last week to stop Plenty win outright, will be an interesting first hour.

Watched Lower Eltham toil away to put 240 on the board, Keaysey in great form and well supported by other bowlers. Will it be enough? Smallish ground but I hope so and am looking forward to a great days cricket.

The430king;333118 said:
Vilos, it's time for my right of reply. There are a couple of things you have missed out upon here.

1. The average missed a 1 in there, it was actually 81.78 pal and it was in D grade, not F.

2. Indeed i was skipper of that H Grade premiership side, but you didn't mention the fact that I took 15 wickets with the pill at an average of about 15 that year, that's why I was in the side, along with my exceptional slip catching for the year, even if they were poopas.

3. I haven't got much for Monday morning. I was indeed carving up the dance floor, being a swordsmen and geniune pantsman, but it has worked.

4. I never played and missed outside off stump because I was either smashing the ball out the park or seeing my pegs cartwheeling.

Pal, get your facts right before spreading vicious inneuendo on this forum. I think i'll have to send Mr Rentokil onto you. I'm coming after you Way Chuck, bwoody oaf.

Massive win by Lalor Stars, Lower boys got outplayed and best side on the day won. Not the best way to finish the season but made it there and can do it again next year.

Congratulations to Lalor and Mernda, will be an interesting GF next week.....I am playing golf I reckon, nah I will be watching what I reckon could be similier to last years GF, close and goes the distance.

I am having a Bundy to drown my sorrows.

are not 3 of the 4 sides playing this weekend, originally from JIKA, pretty good rap for that comp, eh

We certainly were outplayed and the side that deserved to win the game did.
They took their opportunities and we unfortunately didn't.

Congratulations to Lalor and Mernda.

CowCorner;334287 said:
Massive win by Lalor Stars, Lower boys got outplayed and best side on the day won. Not the best way to finish the season but made it there and can do it again next year.

Congratulations to Lalor and Mernda, will be an interesting GF next week.....I am playing golf I reckon, nah I will be watching what I reckon could be similier to last years GF, close and goes the distance.

Vilos;333788 said:

Now that's some sort of action I'd love to see! The action in making babies that leads to the grand kids.:D:D:D

CowCorner;334287 said:

I had about 25,000 scotches to drown my sorrows. Congrats to Stars. Keaysey proved he is a champion of the competition and Volpe's ton was one of authority and class. If we held onto Jamshed when he was in single figures, well who knows. Interesting GF it will be, I'll tip Stars only because they can bat and Mernda can't.

Strange result at Epping looks like Mernda need to bat a little longer to secure a berth in the big one. Can they hold on? And how log do they need to, they certainly did last week to stop Plenty win outright, will be an interesting first hour.

Watched Lower Eltham toil away to put 240 on the board, Keaysey in great form and well supported by other bowlers. Will it be enough? Smallish ground but I hope so and am looking forward to a great days cricket.

No Good at cricket;334611 said:
Who would you blokes rather have up in Barclay next year ??? North Eltham Wanderers or Yarrambat ????

I'll bite. NEITHER!

We certainly were outplayed and the side that deserved to win the game did.
They took their opportunities and we unfortunately didn't.

Congratulations to Lalor and Mernda.

CowCorner;334287 said:

Who would you blokes rather have up in Barclay next year ??? North Eltham Wanderers or Yarrambat ????
Who gives a ****, im just glad we don't have an extra trip across plenty rd next season.

CowCorner;334287 said:

I had about 25,000 scotches to drown my sorrows. Congrats to Stars. Keaysey proved he is a champion of the competition and Volpe's ton was one of authority and class. If we held onto Jamshed when he was in single figures, well who knows. Interesting GF it will be, I'll tip Stars only because they can bat and Mernda can't.

NEWCC (L);334723 said:
That's not very nice.

I would prefer "The Bat" to come up. They don't have kids on here telling us how good their club is.

Until you peasant's win the big one, I really don't want to hear your crap on this thread. Then again, if you are lucky enough to win it, I still don't want to hear that dribble that comes out of your mouth. Money shield thread awaits you boys!

I'll bite. NEITHER!

Tongs;334756 said:
I would prefer "The Bat" to come up. They don't have kids on here telling us how good their club is.

Until you peasant's win the big one, I really don't want to hear your crap on this thread. Then again, if you are lucky enough to win it, I still don't want to hear that dribble that comes out of your mouth. Money shield thread awaits you boys!
Maybe they do not have access to a computer out there.

I'm just proud of my club and what they've achieved this year, like Eltham has in 08/09...(N)

Who gives a ****, im just glad we don't have an extra trip across plenty rd next season.

it is soooooo good to see two JIKA clubs fight out the A-Grade Granny. There would be a few blokes not to happy about that. It's amazing what a bit of GRUNT can do.

Does not matter, I think both will struggle big time!

NEWCC (L);334723 said:
That's not very nice.

Prefer Yarrambat, they have a better ground and don't have clowns like North Eltham banging on about how good they are in an inferior competition. Then again, it would be great to see North Eltham come up, we'll be able to call them the yo-yo's.

Tongs;334756 said:

I'm just proud of my club and what they've achieved this year, like Eltham has in 08/09...(N)

NEWCC (L);334769 said:

At least they played in the big time. It'll be north Eltham next year when they come. Anyhow, I thought we've told you clowns to get off this thread until you guys win the flag. I beleive there's still a GF to be played yet.

it is soooooo good to see two JIKA clubs fight out the A-Grade Granny. There would be a few blokes not to happy about that. It's amazing what a bit of GRUNT can do.

Who would have thought that after all the controversy of there abandoned round 1 match that two teams will be facing off for the first time of the season in the grand final.

I hope the pitch is playable this week:D

Not sure if Keaysy played in a "A" grade flag at Riverside but if he did, could be shooting for "A" grade flags at 3 different clubs, surely a record??

Does not matter, I think both will struggle big time!

Bundoora;334921 said:
Who would have thought that after all the controversy of there abandoned round 1 match that two teams will be facing off for the first time of the season in the grand final.

I hope the pitch is playable this week:D

Not sure if Keaysy played in a "A" grade flag at Riverside but if he did, could be shooting for "A" grade flags at 3 different clubs, surely a record??

Not to mention the Keays v Snowy showdown. Between them they have managed to play at, rape and Pillage what 20 of the 30 clubs in the Diamond Valley? Only joking, they have both been good/great players in the DVCA for a number of years.

(before I get bagged, these are not the exact figures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back