DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

No Good at cricket;334611 said:
Who would you blokes rather have up in Barclay next year ??? North Eltham Wanderers or Yarrambat ????

Prefer Yarrambat, they have a better ground and don't have clowns like North Eltham banging on about how good they are in an inferior competition. Then again, it would be great to see North Eltham come up, we'll be able to call them the yo-yo's.

The Radio Show will be good this week, won`t it? I might have to make a comeback to give the Stars a mention! The tosser will be tossing more than normal I`m tipping.

NEWCC (L);334769 said:
Maybe they do not have access to a computer out there.

I'm just proud of my club and what they've achieved this year, like Eltham has in 08/09...(N)

At least they played in the big time. It'll be north Eltham next year when they come. Anyhow, I thought we've told you clowns to get off this thread until you guys win the flag. I beleive there's still a GF to be played yet.

sidney;334790 said:
it is soooooo good to see two JIKA clubs fight out the A-Grade Granny. There would be a few blokes not to happy about that. It's amazing what a bit of GRUNT can do.

If JIKA is so good why don't you go back there!!!!!!!!!!

Who would have thought that after all the controversy of there abandoned round 1 match that two teams will be facing off for the first time of the season in the grand final.

I hope the pitch is playable this week:D

Not sure if Keaysy played in a "A" grade flag at Riverside but if he did, could be shooting for "A" grade flags at 3 different clubs, surely a record??

Bundoora;334921 said:
Who would have thought that after all the controversy of there abandoned round 1 match that two teams will be facing off for the first time of the season in the grand final.

Not sure if Keaysy played in a "A" grade flag at Riverside but if he did, could be shooting for "A" grade flags at 3 different clubs, surely a record??

Not to mention the Keays v Snowy showdown. Between them they have managed to play at, rape and Pillage what 20 of the 30 clubs in the Diamond Valley? Only joking, they have both been good/great players in the DVCA for a number of years.

(before I get bagged, these are not the exact figures)

The Radio Show will be good this week, won`t it? I might have to make a comeback to give the Stars a mention! The tosser will be tossing more than normal I`m tipping.

Bundoora;334921 said:

He did - might've been a couple actually.

sidney;334790 said:
it is soooooo good to see two JIKA clubs fight out the A-Grade Granny. There would be a few blokes not to happy about that. It's amazing what a bit of GRUNT can do.

If JIKA is so good why don't you go back there!!!!!!!!!!

captain cuzz;335745 said:
I did hear a whisper about a Visa problem..?

Any truth?

Dunno about that or why, met the bloke last week nice fella but also told he was unavailable...not by him.....might not be reliable but thats what I heard

Bundoora;334921 said:

He did - might've been a couple actually.

Any truth?

No visa problem just a few behind the scene things to sort out.
He made 55 but should have been out 3 times anyway.Dont think he would pose too many problems for Chesterton and Baker anyway.My tip is the Sri Lankan who was dropped last week or Mckay if Jamshed doesnt play.My guess is unchanged team though.
Marshall kept pretty ordinary.Maybe S.Cini who keeps in the 2's made 65 last week in the reserves semi?

cold case;335782 said:
He made 55 but should have been out 3 times anyway.Dont think he would pose too many problems for Chesterton and Baker anyway.My tip is the Sri Lankan who was dropped last week or Mckay if Jamshed doesnt play.My guess is unchanged team though.
Marshall kept pretty ordinary.Maybe S.Cini who keeps in the 2's made 65 last week in the reserves semi?

No chance in hell that Steve will play 1s !
Way too old (sorry mate :p), and probably does not have the desire to play there.

Any truth?

Dunno about that or why, met the bloke last week nice fella but also told he was unavailable...not by him.....might not be reliable but thats what I heard

Any truth?

after 25 stubbies on Sunday and probably more on Monday he almost talked his way into the team.Believe me he would play if he was picked.Say g'day to Trace for me

cold case;335782 said:

No chance in hell that Steve will play 1s !
Way too old (sorry mate :p), and probably does not have the desire to play there.

cold case;335812 said:
after 25 stubbies on Sunday and probably more on Monday he almost talked his way into the team.Believe me he would play if he was picked.Say g'day to Trace for me

would it be a straight swap for "The KFC Kid", or someone else pay the price ?

beenaround;335883 said:

could not see that happening as "the kfc kid" who looks like he has had one too many buckets selects the teams:D:D

CowCorner;335769 said:

I wouldn't read too much into it. They told us about they had a few out last week and they all played.

The430king;335973 said:
I wouldn't read too much into it. They told us about they had a few out last week and they all played.

C'mon Jimmy are you saying we are playing ducks and drakes.Won't matter anyway Mernda will beat Lalor outright by tea on the sunday.

cold case;335812 said:

mernda would have to be the worst batting team in the comp, and lalor would have to be one of the best so i doubt they are all goin to fail againts the one man team of BAKER

beenaround;335883 said:

could not see that happening as "the kfc kid" who looks like he has had one too many buckets selects the teams:D:D

cold case;335782 said:

no offence to the bloke but if he played in a barclay shield match, let alone a grand final then gee wizz our comp is in very big strife. i have never seen a bloke bat so technically incorrect and have so much luck. was dropped before scoring last weekend aswell. however good luck to him and lalor as they are in the big one and we are not. mind you if we weren't on the recieving end of his innings it would have been awsome to watch.

CowCorner;335769 said:

cold case;335975 said:
C'mon Jimmy are you saying we are playing ducks and drakes.Won't matter anyway Mernda will beat Lalor outright by tea on the sunday.

Read it however you want, we heard these outs last week and when i walked into the ground on Saturday, low and behold, their out there fielding. You sucked me in and i'm not falling for it again. I reckon Jamshed will play, and i'll keep thinking his playing until I don't see him out there on the weekend. Outright on the Sunday you reckon, is that next Sunday because there won't be any play on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back