DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

captain cuzz;336845 said:
You're probably a bloke that thinks the AFL should return to the 'good old days' of the VFL too.

Grow up you clown, I'm glad two 'new' clubs are playing for the shield and I hope Mernda win it just to stick it right up you and everyone else that doesn't think they belong is this comp. Let it go mate, time to move on.

If any more than 3 or 4 of the original DV sides were any good, you wouldn't need to worry about where the shield was going. But they're too busy trying not to be relegated to worry about winning flags.
Switch on champ. Are you serious, have you not read my past posts? I have no problem in the world world with Mernda being in the comp. As far as i'm concerned they are on the east side of Plenty Rd and are more than happy to travel there. As far as the Stars not happy at all that they are a part of the DV, that is just my opinion and an opinion that would be backed up by alot of people. The DV is the DV and that is the way it should have been left!!!!!!!!!!!!!

milo kerrigan;336894 said:
are you claiming mernda as your side of plenty road? it is this stupidity that fires sides like epping/mernda and the stars up andreally i dont think it has anything to do with what side of plenty rd you are i really from,i think it is that all these teams have come from money shield and have made a impact and i know because i come from one of them and for the first year we copped it and i have no qualms with that but all it did was put a bit of fire in the belly and try to become better cricketers.so i would like to say thanks for giving us the incentive to make it this far.:)

No, i'm sure it's the other side of Plenty Rd syndrome Icey is talking about. If it was the fact they come from Money Shield, he definitely wouldn't want Mernda to win either.

THE ICEMAN;336850 said:
Switch on champ. Are you serious, have you not read my past posts? I have no problem in the world world with Mernda being in the comp. As far as i'm concerned they are on the east side of Plenty Rd and are more than happy to travel there. As far as the Stars not happy at all that they are a part of the DV, that is just my opinion and an opinion that would be backed up by alot of people. The DV is the DV and that is the way it should have been left!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll give you Mernda being that side of Plenty Rd, albeit by about 50m, but your point about leaving the DV as the DV is a bit redundant with Mernda originally being a JIKA club, along with Epping and Lalor. Not being a smart arse or anything, but I'd love to know your opinion of Bundoora CC? Seeing as though they're actually ON Plenty Rd. And if the council back in the day had put them where the shopping centre is, would your view be different?

I know it's only your opinion, but the comp is far better off with these clubs in it. Their success should only fuel the original club's fire for knocking them off and getting back to where they all seem to think belong (at the top).

How poor would the comp be if you took clubs whose location didn't fall inside the boundary of The Valley!? All we hear about is how inferior the Money Shield comp is, yet without the 3 clubs mentioned above you'd have to play 3 sides from Money that simply aren't good enough for Barclay every year.

The opinion that any club that's not located in the DV can't play in it's comp is a very narrow minded one. In my opinion.

Tongs;336814 said:
Interesting that those little pi$$ants from that 2nd rate comp, who have pumped up their side up all year haven't come on here to tell us how good they are, and that they will be in BS next year.

4 for 25? Come back and post on this thread when you have a spine!

Unfortnately Quinny, they are in front with a day to play. We're going to these North Eltham clowns get on this thread banging on how good they are about winning a second rate competition. Reality is going to bite them in the bum come 1st Saturday in October when they step up and mix it with the big boys, they'll want to run home back to Money Shield with their tail between there legs.

captain cuzz;336852 said:
I'll give you Mernda being that side of Plenty Rd, albeit by about 50m, but your point about leaving the DV as the DV is a bit redundant with Mernda originally being a JIKA club, along with Epping and Lalor. Not being a smart arse or anything, but I'd love to know your opinion of Bundoora CC? Seeing as though they're actually ON Plenty Rd. And if the council back in the day had put them where the shopping centre is, would your view be different?

I know it's only your opinion, but the comp is far better off with these clubs in it. Their success should only fuel the original club's fire for knocking them off and getting back to where they all seem to think belong (at the top).

How poor would the comp be if you took clubs whose location didn't fall inside the boundary of The Valley!? All we hear about is how inferior the Money Shield comp is, yet without the 3 clubs mentioned above you'd have to play 3 sides from Money that simply aren't good enough for Barclay every year.

The opinion that any club that's not located in the DV can't play in it's comp is a very narrow minded one. In my opinion.
What if nothing Bundoora dosn't come into it they have been there since day dot and like you say they are on the right side of Plenty Rdf anyway. Once you start head west of that where do you draw the line? I will tell you one thing I won't miss going to play over there next year.

THE ICEMAN;336728 said:
What do you mean turn it up big fella. Do you honestly like traveling west of Plenty Rd for your cricket. I'm no demon but for this one i've grown horns, there is no way in hell I want that shield in the west for 2 years running. Do you think they even know who the bloke is that the shield is named after? I'm guessing not.

I live on Plenty Rd and hate crossing the road to get the paper and smokes. Couldn't really care who wins. My club lost in the semi and were totally outplayed. I'm moving on.

THE ICEMAN;336882 said:
What if nothing Bundoora dosn't come into it they have been there since day dot and like you say they are on the right side of Plenty Rdf anyway. Once you start head west of that where do you draw the line? I will tell you one thing I won't miss going to play over there next year.

are you claiming mernda as your side of plenty road? it is this stupidity that fires sides like epping/mernda and the stars up andreally i dont think it has anything to do with what side of plenty rd you are i really from,i think it is that all these teams have come from money shield and have made a impact and i know because i come from one of them and for the first year we copped it and i have no qualms with that but all it did was put a bit of fire in the belly and try to become better cricketers.so i would like to say thanks for giving us the incentive to make it this far.:)

The430king;337084 said:
I live on Plenty Rd and hate crossing the road to get the paper and smokes. Couldn't really care who wins. My club lost in the semi and were totally outplayed. I'm moving on.

To the pub? It is lunch time on Monday, you must be due?

As for this arguement going on, it really is bullshite, I don't want either club to win it. The reason: My club is not in it, and thats all that matters. As for who does win it, good luck to them both, it's not a matter of where they are based, as they are in the comp, so like it or lump it.

And to the little flogs who like to get on here about those third world clubs in Money Shield, even if they do win this week, I don't want to see their crap on here. Once the GF is played and won, it will be footy season and not cricket. Therfore if they want to jump on saying they are now in BS and deserve to post, do so next cricket season.

Love to all......

milo kerrigan;336894 said:

No, i'm sure it's the other side of Plenty Rd syndrome Icey is talking about. If it was the fact they come from Money Shield, he definitely wouldn't want Mernda to win either.

Tongs;336814 said:
Interesting that those little pi$$ants from that 2nd rate comp, who have pumped up their side up all year haven't come on here to tell us how good they are, and that they will be in BS next year.

4 for 25? Come back and post on this thread when you have a spine!

Unfortnately Quinny, they are in front with a day to play. We're going to these North Eltham clowns get on this thread banging on how good they are about winning a second rate competition. Reality is going to bite them in the bum come 1st Saturday in October when they step up and mix it with the big boys, they'll want to run home back to Money Shield with their tail between there legs.

the valley of excitment;337345 said:
a big day yesterday for the wanderers, not over by any means yet, but if all goes to plan they may just be up in barclay! thoughts?

I THOUGHT we have all made it clear that we don't care what your thoughts are in the BS thread! Not unless you want to discuss the BS final!

THE ICEMAN;336728 said:
What do you mean turn it up big fella. Do you honestly like traveling west of Plenty Rd for your cricket. I'm no demon but for this one i've grown horns, there is no way in hell I want that shield in the west for 2 years running. Do you think they even know who the bloke is that the shield is named after? I'm guessing not.

The430king;337084 said:

As for this arguement going on, it really is bullshite, I don't want either club to win it. The reason: My club is not in it, and thats all that matters. As for who does win it, good luck to them both, it's not a matter of where they are based, as they are in the comp, so like it or lump it.

And to the little flogs who like to get on here about those third world clubs in Money Shield, even if they do win this week, I don't want to see their crap on here. Once the GF is played and won, it will be footy season and not cricket. Therfore if they want to jump on saying they are now in BS and deserve to post, do so next cricket season.

Love to all......

Tongs;337351 said:
I THOUGHT we have all made it clear that we don't care what your thoughts are in the BS thread! Not unless you want to discuss the BS final!
I think he's just upset about the D-grade grand final.
Don't worry Pup, cya Saturday

The430king;337084 said:
Yes Jim but you live on the right side of Plenty Rd.

a big day yesterday for the wanderers, not over by any means yet, but if all goes to plan they may just be up in barclay! thoughts?

Tongs;337173 said:

Love to all......

Loving your work Quinny.

Tongs;337351 said:
I think he's just upset about the D-grade grand final.
Don't worry Pup, cya Saturday

Don't get on here until that trophy is sitting at Wattletree Rd.

The430king;337084 said:
Yes Jim but you live on the right side of Plenty Rd.

The430king;337424 said:

i can comment on whatever i like, your not in charge, i didnt say it was over at all, there is still alot of work to do, just wondering if u blokes had any thoughts, but obviously you just think your better than everyone else. just asked a simple question mate.

the valley of excitment;337561 said:
i can comment on whatever i like, your not in charge, i didnt say it was over at all, there is still alot of work to do, just wondering if u blokes had any thoughts, but obviously you just think your better than everyone else. just asked a simple question mate.

Thoughts on Eltham North: None

"but obviously you just think your better than everyone else": No, just your club.

Tongs;337173 said:

Love to all......

Loving your work Quinny.

What are your thoughts on the BS game Jim? Looks to me that Mernda are going to be too good. They should get 300+ and whilst I think that Lalor has a better batting line up, they are too up and down, and they fired last week. Gotta put your money on Mernda.

Tongs;337636 said:
What are your thoughts on the BS game Jim? Looks to me that Mernda are going to be too good. They should get 300+ and whilst I think that Lalor has a better batting line up, they are too up and down, and they fired last week. Gotta put your money on Mernda.

My thoughts Quinny, well the first half hour are the key. lalor need quick wickets. If Mernda get over 320, I think the game is there's. Lalor's batting line up are very good, but they'll need to bat better than what they did in the semi (and they batted sensationally in the semi by the way), and with Mernda's attack, I can't see them doing it.

The430king;337424 said:

Don't think that i'm better than anyone else, but i really couldn't give a stuff what's happening over at Money Shield. If I did, I would post on that thread and not this one.

"but obviously you just think your better than everyone else": No, just your club.

Tongs;337636 said:

My thoughts Quinny, well the first half hour are the key. lalor need quick wickets. If Mernda get over 320, I think the game is there's. Lalor's batting line up are very good, but they'll need to bat better than what they did in the semi (and they batted sensationally in the semi by the way), and with Mernda's attack, I can't see them doing it.

Tongs;337629 said:

NORTH ELTHAM mate, and we arent even in barlcay yet, so why speak about us fisnishing bottom, (not direct to Tongs post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back