DVCA - C grade and below

Re: DVCA - C grade and below

BEAMER!!;334651 said:
and maybe someone will finally knock you out on the cricket field to shut your massive gob up. one day i hope.

yep yep yep. i'll see you on the field and i'll let the cricket talk.

Just an interesting little mini game would could play.

Rank the C and Below Grand finals in terms of how close you think the Final will be.

First will be the one that drags onto for 3 days

The Last one will be close to over at the End of Day 1.

dccc_bluecoach;320034 said:
trent williams is an absolute gun 2 tons icluding the double century, he's averaging 95 in c grade at the moment, if he's not playing a or b grade soon i'll make damo captain of g grade!!! and he is definitely a future superstar and i reckon his stint at diamond creek wont be long lived when he moves on to bigger better thing but for the moment an absolute champion and gives hope to all the lower grades

I'm very tempted to take you up on that offer next year Poony!:D

I'll try and get some runs in the grand final first though.

My season stats: Welcome to MyCricket: Player Season Statistics

As you can see I'm definitely in H grade on merit!

UP AND ABOUT;334616 said:
'H' Grade South Morang team Grand Finalists 08/09..
beat Lower eltham with a team made of 3 people over 18 and 6 under 14s:)
Lower Eltham hopeless against spin
'H' grade kids future of south morang in the years to come watch out

Speaking of H Grade South Morang, what's up with that Westbury-Kemp guy, the only game he's played was the semi, what's going on there?

http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/com...yer.asp&playerID=8698&dispCID=609&seasonID=63

Maybe the player got a dispensation to play , or he came down from G grade as they might have had a side playing the final there too ?

fmr_13;335515 said:
Maybe the player got a dispensation to play , or he came down from G grade as they might have had a side playing the final there too ?

Sorry to be stupid, but whats a dispensation?

And defiantly didnt play for G Grade as it was his only match for the season according to that link, usually when you click on a person it will feature all grades.

FieldingAllrounder;335518 said:
Sorry to be stupid, but whats a dispensation?

And defiantly didnt play for G Grade as it was his only match for the season according to that link, usually when you click on a person it will feature all grades.

Dispensation would be the comp giving him permission to play despite not having played before, from my experience it's usually due to a player not qualifying because of injury.

The Ox;335536 said:
Dispensation would be the comp giving him permission to play despite not having played before, from my experience it's usually due to a player not qualifying because of injury.

Well if this is the case, could a SM person be able to clarify the situation of this guy?

FieldingAllrounder;335547 said:
Well if this is the case, could a SM person be able to clarify the situation of this guy?

Another reason could be he was named in games where his side were given a walkover or the game was rained out...

Bundoora have a bloke playing in the E Grade Granny who only played 2 games according to MyCricket (he played 5 in BR so he'd need to play 4 games) ... Anyway, he was named in 4 games, 2 of them didn't go ahead for one reason or another. These games don't show up on MyCricket.

So, even though he only played 2 games, he was named in 4 and because he didn't play in another grade in those rounds, he qualified.

So... This SM bloke could have been named in teams that didn't take the field until he was named in the Semi.

captain cuzz;335565 said:
Another reason could be he was named in games where his side were given a walkover or the game was rained out...

Bundoora have a bloke playing in the E Grade Granny who only played 2 games according to MyCricket (he played 5 in BR so he'd need to play 4 games) ... Anyway, he was named in 4 games, 2 of them didn't go ahead for one reason or another. These games don't show up on MyCricket.

So, even though he only played 2 games, he was named in 4 and because he didn't play in another grade in those rounds, he qualified.

So... This SM bloke could have been named in teams that didn't take the field until he was named in the Semi.

Yeah that's also a possibility

Re: DVCA - C grade and below : the semi that should have been the grand final!!

Did anyone see the results of G grade?

mill park vs diamond creek in an absolute thriller.

Day 1 ended with diamo making 146 off their alotted 68 overs, skipper allan poon battled hard for 37 overs and stone walled while wickets crumbled, he only managed 43 not out but showed guts and grit while batting, hit twice in the head(one was a genuine bouncer from 1 A. Vallelonga other was a rocket throw from an out fielder) he partnered with callan gleeson for a 56 runs partnership and then at the end of he was unbeaten 43 off 126 deliveries

Day 2 began badly for the creek, mill park were lookming very dangerous until an ingenious move to promote spinner dylan bedurke to open the bowling resulted in the fall of 2 quick wickets.

mill park regained composure with a solid innings froim Alexopoulous(48) and mill park again were cruising with the fall of another 2 wickets to be 4 for 110 at 27 overs. it looked home and hosed and i can tell you right now i thought we were gone for all money, until allan poon rotated the bowling giving everyone a go. rikki juzwin came into the attack and in 2 overs had 4 for 6 including a triple wicket maiden.

at tea mill park 8 for 129

dc need 2 wickets to win

geoff wadeson back on straight after tea, and he gets an edge to poon who is now keeping, and its given not out. heartbreak for the creek
and poon sensing the game was drawing to a close brings bedurke back on in order to save the dream and alas fails , van driel smashes a glorious on drive for 3 and steers home mill park in an absolute heart breaker

any thoughts on what you sore from the score cards???

Re: DVCA - C grade and below : the semi that should have been the grand final!!

dccc_bluecoach;335673 said:
Did anyone see the results of G grade?

mill park vs diamond creek in an absolute thriller.

any thoughts on what you sore from the score cards???

Was an absolute heart stopper for everyone at Tigerland. A wake up call it was to basically respect your bowlers.

It was a good game by the Creek as many people were questioning the lack of attemtping to score in the end of your team innings. It proved to be vital though.

Thrilling match though that had some great individual performances. Vallelonga's figures of 2/11 off 17 overs is one of worthy note.

It just proves that any runs on the board can be enough in a final.

Diamo and Bundoora should be a good one... can't wait to see brodie dermatt rip through the diamo order espically the re-action when he rips right through fergy:D

Back