DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield

Teapicker;359125 said:
The Franks will need a new game plan now. Can't have the two large lads, Duggin and Lewis (and buy all accounts have got larger) bowling 20 overs each.

Maybe Trevor McColl will get a call-up this season! Hope he makes it down to pre-season! :D

bradfromeltham;359127 said:
Pretty simple really. Why should you be rewarded with a new ball just because the other team has hit you for 200. Pretty much rewards mediorcacy i think. If a team was to hit 200 off the first 40 overs, why should the other team be rewarded with the chance of 'starting again' with a new ball. Good change i think. Hopefully see more spinners given a chance now

I agree that a team who has batted out of their skin shouldnt have to face a new ball at 200 after say 40 or 50 overs. But these jokers proposed this rule change to coincide with turf cricket. They basically assumed the 4 piece would come in but it failed. This rule was voted in before the ball was denied and therefore I believe was regretted knowing the 2 piece falls apart a lot earlier. I would think that if we fall into line with the turf rules that a new ball would be available at say 70 or 72 overs like test cricket is available at 80 in a 90 over day.

The 4 piece ball didn't get in? Who the hell voted against it? Can we name and shame the clubs on this site? What morons wouldn't vote for a 4 piece ball? THIS IS SENIOR CRICKET!!!! The DVCA will never be a respected comp until it stops using kiddies balls. Unbelievable!

I dont know who the hell you are but you have got no idea about the Panton Hill cricket club. If i do go back to panton hill in the next year or two i sure hope to play against you. Quite the oposite of a walkout would happen if i go and play cricket with my brother again. We get along really well. Between us we have over 100 district 1st X1 games. How many other clubs in the diamond valley would have that? None. So why would any players want to walk out of the prospect of a 1st X1 flag? To add to that list Stuart Colls and Rick Ford have played some District 2nds games. And once more i would not be turning up alone. After 11 years to date, of district cricket it wont be to hard to get some more quality players to join me. So thats my spinon the topic without your made up bullshit.

five80;359300 said:
The 4 piece ball didn't get in? Who the hell voted against it? Can we name and shame the clubs on this site? What morons wouldn't vote for a 4 piece ball? THIS IS SENIOR CRICKET!!!! The DVCA will never be a respected comp until it stops using kiddies balls. Unbelievable!

Hang on a minute, is not the D.V.C.A the BEES KNEES of local cricket, are not the North Metro and H.D.C.A the inferior comps, but hang on, they use 4 piece balls.
QUOTE: The D.V.C.A will never be a respected comp until it stops using KIDDIES balls : END QUOTE... is there a bit of trouble in the air, in the best comp, outside of playing for Australia.:eek:

sidney;359369 said:
Hang on a minute, is not the D.V.C.A the BEES KNEES of local cricket, are not the North Metro and H.D.C.A the inferior comps, but hang on, they use 4 piece balls.
QUOTE: The D.V.C.A will never be a respected comp until it stops using KIDDIES balls : END QUOTE... is there a bit of trouble in the air, in the best comp, outside of playing for Australia.:eek:

No trouble here sid. Sounds a bit like the kettle calling the pot black to me:rolleyes:

Round 1. Saturday 3rd October

Lwr Plenty Vs Sth Morang
Yarrambat Vs Eltham College
Montmorency Vs St Francis
Hurstbridge Vs T'Town United
Mill Park Vs Greensborough
Bundoora United Vs Panton Hill
Camrea Vs Whittlesea

Anyone know how Brett Lewis is after doing his knee at training on Sunday? I think it puts St Francis right behind the eight ball from the start of the season. Maybe the have missed the boat and unfortunately may be stuck in Money Shield for a long while yet. In saying that they have a heap of talent there still and all they need are their guns firing on the same day and they would be competitive in Barclay let alone Money Shield!

THE MORANS;360062 said:
Anyone know how Brett Lewis is after doing his knee at training on Sunday? I think it puts St Francis right behind the eight ball from the start of the season. Maybe the have missed the boat and unfortunately may be stuck in Money Shield for a long while yet. In saying that they have a heap of talent there still and all they need are their guns firing on the same day and they would be competitive in Barclay let alone Money Shield!

I have no idea how he is but all I can say is one less pie or hot dog before training that morning may have just put a bit less strain on his knee.

THE MORANS;360062 said:
Ive heard he may be missing the 1st 5 rounds after scans during the week. Will be very interesting to see how they go without him.

Concussion;360164 said:
Ive heard he may be missing the 1st 5 rounds after scans during the week. Will be very interesting to see how they go without him.
I heard Mill Park trained before St.Francis that day and Luke"the great white joke" Petersen Tonya Harding'd him with a steel pole

Master Blaster;359953 said:
Round 1. Saturday 3rd October

Lwr Plenty Vs Sth Morang
Yarrambat Vs Eltham College
Montmorency Vs St Francis
Hurstbridge Vs T'Town United
Mill Park Vs Greensborough
Bundoora United Vs Panton Hill
Camrea Vs Whittlesea

the whittlesea Vs camrea game could be a different result then you think....
as i have heard from a few blokes down at the footy that camrea have lost 3 great young cricketers that would of been a shoe in for the first 11 this season, and maybe even 3-4 that would of been walk up starts in the two's so they won't be the big powerhouse they think they are.

Concussion;360164 said:

I would like it to be known in the Money Shield Comp that Brett Lewis went under the knife today to suss out the damage to his knee. It was found that one of the spare tyres around his waist had slipped down causing pressure on his kneecap. To fix this the doctors reinserted the spare tyre, but first they had to let the Chinese family out of his stomach that he ate last week together with their 3 dogs and 4 cats.

Freshly relegated LPCC score Morang first up.

Any word on how one J Arnberger is shaping up this season?
With significantly lighter pockets word has it.

Will be interesting to see the likes of McKeown and McDonald bowling to the big Cheese.

The Animal;360353 said:
as i have heard from a few blokes down at the footy that camrea have lost 3 great young cricketers that would of been a shoe in for the first 11 this season, and maybe even 3-4 that would of been walk up starts in the two's so they won't be the big powerhouse they think they are.

Camrea may not have the depth of the last few seasons with the walk out of the few young players and the loss of Jesensek, but they will still walk all over Whittlesea.....

Gents, any player movements from club to club in money shield this year? Any gun recruits to keep an eye of?

Fixtures are out!
Lewis really injured or is it the franks just playing ducks and drakes?
Camrea "may" have lost a few players, but the players they have kept is more than enough to stay competitive. Would not be talking this side down so early.

The Animal;360353 said:
they have only lost 5/7 junior players this season to all the same club camrea will be still strong and should have depth and strength to pull through fair amount of wins this season in money shield with the players they alredy have

the guys camrea have lost wont hurt them in the 1sts....none of those kids wouldve been a walkup start at camrea...might hurt the depth of the 2nds or 3rds but 1s should still dominate money shield!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back