Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

1 v 3, and 2 v 4 in this weeks one day games.
Gives a chance to Whittlesea, Bun U and even Morang to close the gap on the top 4, all playing sides below them.

Things are still looking pretty secure at the top. Old Paradians/St Frances and Lower should make but Monty probably can't afford a loss at this stage. At 2/29 chasing one of those tricky low scores, you can be sure the boys from the Hill will be all over them as they still aren't out of it. Whittlesea in trouble now having lost already and Eltham will need to bat well to cement themselves up in 4th. Interesting times here.

Well it's also that time of the season to look at the wooden spoon. Thommo are probably safe although they haven't had the best season, that comes down to Bundoora United, Mill Park and Riverside. Mill Park will need to dig in and get a couple of their top order to fire as I don't think they have broken 200 this season. United look to be fading and their batting seems fragile which gives Riverside an excellent chance to get themselves off the bottom.

Relegation.... This is very simple. It is only out of Mill Park and Riverside. I doubt either will win this week. But Riverside are a chance.
Mill Park to play Riverside and Whitlesea.
Riverside to play Mill Park and Eltham.

Neither will win their last games of the year, therefore the loser of the Round 10 clash of Riverside V Mill Park will be relegated.

As for the top 4, this is almost impossible to predict. Eltham who are sitting 4th could possibly drop to 9th with one loss. It goes to show just how close things are and how important this week is to sides. I would say that the middle of the road teams (3rd-7th) that win this week will be the ones to play finals as they will not only go into the last rounds with a buffer, but also the confidence to keep winning.

Ill back Eltham to win this week (for obvious reasons, as well as the position they are in), Mont, SM, Borough, and BU all to get the 6 points this week. LP will have a dip at outright, but will fall just short.

Neither will win their last games of the year? I'm sure we have both seen stranger things happen on the cricket field. The threat of relegation is a powerful thing which might stir things up and cause someone to pull the lead out. I certainly wouldn't write any team off that has nothing left to lose.

Neither will win their last games of the year? I'm sure we have both seen stranger things happen on the cricket field. The threat of relegation is a powerful thing which might stir things up and cause someone to pull the lead out. I certainly wouldn't write any team off that has nothing left to lose.

I play at Eltham. I am all too familiar with pulling things out of nowhere to save relegation.

They were my predictions. What are yours? Come on, put the aggots on the line, where will the upset lie? And don't just say Riverside to beat Eltham to bait me up.

haha CowCorner

You're probably right about woonden spoon being between 11 and 12, I hadn't look ahead on the fixture. However it's statistiacally still possible include 10th in the wooden spoon race.

However, I will say;
Riverside to beat Bundoora United and Mill Park, will probably lose to Eltham
Bundoora United and Mill Park wont win another game this season

haha CowCorner

You're probably right about woonden spoon being between 11 and 12, I hadn't look ahead on the fixture. However it's statistiacally still possible include 10th in the wooden spoon race.

However, I will say;
Riverside to beat Bundoora United and Mill Park, will probably lose to Eltham
Bundoora United and Mill Park wont win another game this season

Could Money Shield get any closer???
Games this week - 1 v 2, 4 v 9, 5 v 7, 6 v 8 - with only 6 points separating 4th from 9th.

Relegation is now out of two - big game this week.

I play at Eltham. I am all too familiar with pulling things out of nowhere to save relegation.

They were my predictions. What are yours? Come on, put the aggots on the line, where will the upset lie? And don't just say Riverside to beat Eltham to bait me up.

Cant believe the Clappers have gone so poorly this season in Money, having played a heap of Money Shield 2nds sides last season I felt sure that Riverside would have been competitive, can anyone from Riverside offer an explanation?

Cant believe the Clappers have gone so poorly this season in Money, having played a heap of Money Shield 2nds sides last season I felt sure that Riverside would have been competitive, can anyone from Riverside offer an explanation?
Yeah its been a tough season thus far. We have struggled to have our best team on the Park at any one time due to injury, players going up to Barclay Shield etc etc. Since Christmas we have had a stronger team playing when compared to after Christmas.

Being our second side, you tend to get dictated a bit as to who is available to play by whats happening in Barclay.
Not making any excuses though, I personally am enjoying playing in Money Shield against teams we have not played against for years or ever. Coming from a Barclay Shield background as you know, I have been very impressed with the standard and a I reckon a few teams could easily cut it in Barclay Shield.
Yes, this week vrs Mill Park is our Grand Final and I can asure you we want to stay up. No Tanking, thats for sure. Whether we do or not, only time will tell.

Very big call five80. I would have thought that a side that hasn't won a game being 3/27 chasing 122 would make it "Game On"? Looking through the stats, Riverside only have two of their top 10 run scorers (in MS) still to bat, but knowing RIverside, they are never easy to roll and always put up a fight. Lets hope my old mate Elksy can get some runs. If only he was on here posting, I could wish him luck personally ;) I guess I will have to wait until next week.

Will be an interesting day's cricket on Saturday, these relegation games can be as good to watch as finals.

I reckon Mill Park are praying for rain!
if they can't beat a clubs thirds they have massive problems at their club, looking at their last couple years their recruiting of supposed good players and coaches has cost them dearly.

i see no smith and no duggin in the game on saturday, resting or bigger stories behind their non appearence.

if they can't beat a clubs thirds they have massive problems at their club, looking at their last couple years their recruiting of supposed good players and coaches has cost them dearly.

i see no smith and no duggin in the game on saturday, resting or bigger stories behind their non appearence.

Wonder where all there good players are hiding ... perhaps in C grade who are clear on top...???
Or is it just that Mill Park are just a good B/C grade team and not up to the 'A' grade level.

Hmmmm.......do have history in reverse tanking in the bottom grades.

Who's up to win the medal in money this year?
D'voine from thomastown
Wegener from the franks
Motch

Thoughts

Wonder where all there good players are hiding ... perhaps in C grade who are clear on top...???
Or is it just that Mill Park are just a good B/C grade team and not up to the 'A' grade level.

I rekon you are spot on, happy to under achieve at the tigers den, just like their AFL namesakes.

Very big call five80. I would have thought that a side that hasn't won a game being 3/27 chasing 122 would make it "Game On"? Looking through the stats, Riverside only have two of their top 10 run scorers (in MS) still to bat, but knowing RIverside, they are never easy to roll and always put up a fight. Lets hope my old mate Elksy can get some runs. If only he was on here posting, I could wish him luck personally ;) I guess I will have to wait until next week.

Will be an interesting day's cricket on Saturday, these relegation games can be as good to watch as finals.

Tongs, surely if Elksy was such a good mate, and you wanted to wish him good luck personally, you would have his number and you could text or even call him. Lines of communication are not limited to these forums.

Will be a cracking game, the Clappers will never give in easily, and 100 runs can be accumulated pretty easily.

And to other posters, it is Riversides 2's not 3's, but yes Mill Park should be good enough to get more than 120 odd.

Hmmmm.......do have history in reverse tanking in the bottom grades.

Who's up to win the medal in money this year?
D'voine from thomastown
Wegener from the franks
Motch

Thoughts

Way out of left field here, but Scotty Roderick has not stopped taking wickets for Morang all season, would have to get votes from Umpires nearly every week.
Wegener is a consistent vote getter, would not surprise.

Tongs, surely if Elksy was such a good mate, and you wanted to wish him good luck personally, you would have his number and you could text or even call him. Lines of communication are not limited to these forums.

Will be a cracking game, the Clappers will never give in easily, and 100 runs can be accumulated pretty easily.

And to other posters, it is Riversides 2's not 3's, but yes Mill Park should be good enough to get more than 120 odd.

Tongs could have wished him luck in person on Sunday as Centre to Leg was spotted at Panther Place, possibly negotiating a coaching role at ECC next season, rumors are strong around the Eltham area?

Hope Riverside stay up, they will be joined by the Bulls next season (with a bit of luck) to show the old Money Shield clubs just how second rate some of them are!

Back