Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

That doesn't sound like Johnny!!!
Does bring up the age old question, when should a game be called off??
Should a side bat on and on and grind the opposition noses in the fact that they lost. Or just call it off a couple of overs later to make sure that the scores are correct.

call stumps after a few overs, batting on without going for the 10pt result is no good for anyone, the intensity drops and agro rises.
however, in johnnies case, suck it princess, he's been doing that to opposition clubs year in year out for decades.

as for him sooking up, it aint long until his antics will be lost to retirement and it will be good riddance

Nothing too dramatic. Lower had passed OPSF and continued to bat on which I would imagine may have not been to JB's liking, so he brought himself on to bowl and proceeded to be a nuisance running into bowl and pullup, bowling balls over head height on the full and getting hit for some runs in between. Never a dull moment with Johnnie:)

He sounds like an absolute flog.

Who are we thinking will be the final 4?

An interesting round again with 3rd (Monty) vs 4th (Greensborough), 6th (Whittlesea) vs 12th (Mill Park) and 5th (Eltham) vs 11th (Riverside).

OPSF are pretty safe and should beat South Morang comfortably and Lower Plenty are the same with what should be an easy win over Bundoora United. I'm going for Monty in a close one, Eltham to defeat Riverside and Whittlesea to beat Mill Park and sneek into the 4 on percentage.

Lower to win the flag.

Who will win the flag? And will Eltham make it?
Hopefully we can pull off a brilliant outright win and get into the finals, and not have to reply on Monty beating Greensborough.

In saying that, there will be twice as much pressure on Greensborough now, as they know that as of today they are not in the finals. With Eltham's win already, they would be in the 4 and Greensborough need to now beat Mont to get in. A lot more pressure on them knowing that in the backs of their minds....

Hopefully we can pull off a brilliant outright win and get into the finals, and not have to reply on Monty beating Greensborough.

In saying that, there will be twice as much pressure on Greensborough now, as they know that as of today they are not in the finals. With Eltham's win already, they would be in the 4 and Greensborough need to now beat Mont to get in. A lot more pressure on them knowing that in the backs of their minds....

Too true Tongs, the boys in green may just have to show if they have any ticker or not - but what about the lack of fight shown by Whittlesea on the weekend, surely they also went in to the weekend looking for the outright that would put them in the 4, only to capitulate and give up the fight once Mill Park had batted for so long. Showed not much respect for their wickets and now Mill Park are odds on to stay up. I'd be filthy in I were a Clapper!!!

Even if Whittlesea beat Mill Park this week - the Tiges look like they will stay up due to Riverside's % which will cop a belting!

Good luck to the boys in the Grand Final this week against OP/St F. Great to win a semi, will be even better if we can grab the big one

Good luck to the boys in the Grand Final this week against OP/St F. Great to win a semi, will be even better if we can grab the big one
yes Tony it should be a great game, Duggin bak for the franks and Smith back for Lower.
Lower would'nt want the franks to get more then 190, with the season the batters have had at Lower, it might stretch them.

Zerafa might need to pull his finger out of his butt and get some runs, want to have the franks 4/60 or might be long day.
smith the key, if up and quick early and finding edge, 150 might be the most the franks get.

Tongs, firstly no sledge nor shit stir intended, but did Eltham think that Money shield would be easier then it was.
Minney got a few, but no as many as everybody thought...including me!
Getting Donno, fair season and Dogga poor season and Gutto average season was the expectation that straight back up was a formality.
To not make the finals it a major failure, hows the club taken it?

Tongs, firstly no sledge nor shit stir intended, but did Eltham think that Money shield would be easier then it was.
Minney got a few, but no as many as everybody thought...including me!
Getting Donno, fair season and Dogga poor season and Gutto average season was the expectation that straight back up was a formality.
To not make the finals it a major failure, hows the club taken it?

Wouldnt call it a major fail. Coming last in MS would be a more realistic "major fail". Our 1st's got screwed up big time by the weather this year. Out of the 3 draws at least one should have been a win and therefore moved Eltham into the 4. Panthers will bounce back in 11/12 and most definitely be a top 4 side in MS.

Wouldnt call it a major fail. Coming last in MS would be a more realistic "major fail". Our 1st's got screwed up big time by the weather this year. Out of the 3 draws at least one should have been a win and therefore moved Eltham into the 4. Panthers will bounce back in 11/12 and most definitely be a top 4 side in MS.

Back in 11/12? We just played season 11/12! No wonder you didn't make finals, you don't even know what year it is!

I think major fail is apt. If my memory serves me correct, Eltham would be the first team in quite a while that got relegated from Barclay and didn't make the finals in Money.

Driving down Plenty Rd last night, got stuck at the traffic lights in front of Parade College. I looked onto the Garvey Oval and saw about 100 people in the middle. I rolled down the window to hear the boys singing the song, it was fantastic to hear.

Well done to the Frangers, in a short period of time they've gone form one or two sides playing down the grades to a Barclay Shield club.

Back