Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

Way out of left field here, but Scotty Roderick has not stopped taking wickets for Morang all season, would have to get votes from Umpires nearly every week.
Wegener is a consistent vote getter, would not surprise.

Any chance that bald pie chucker Andy Stuart from Mont will get any votes?

Tongs could have wished him luck in person on Sunday as Centre to Leg was spotted at Panther Place, possibly negotiating a coaching role at ECC next season, rumors are strong around the Eltham area?

Hope Riverside stay up, they will be joined by the Bulls next season (with a bit of luck) to show the old Money Shield clubs just how second rate some of them are!

Surely you jest there Bull???? Riverside came up this year with all the intent of doing just what you said, humbling the Money Shield clubs, and have been put back in there place, just as your 3rd's did last year when they were playing a level (or 2) above themselves.

It is great to be challenged by the Barclay clubs, and hosting them at grounds that not too many of them have played on in years, but don't get too far ahead of yourself.

Surely you jest there Bull???? Riverside came up this year with all the intent of doing just what you said, humbling the Money Shield clubs, and have been put back in there place, just as your 3rd's did last year when they were playing a level (or 2) above themselves.

It is great to be challenged by the Barclay clubs, and hosting them at grounds that not too many of them have played on in years, but don't get too far ahead of yourself.

Yeah they have underachieved against my expectations for sure, but if they can hang on they will be better for their 1st season in MS. I have no love for Riverside so I win either way in this discussion.

On the second point you make, our thirds had a very strong year last season, we were still in contention for finals in the last round and we played most of the season with a heap of kids and a number of 4ths players. From memory we beat the eventual Premiers.

Wonder where all there good players are hiding ... perhaps in C grade who are clear on top...???
Or is it just that Mill Park are just a good B/C grade team and not up to the 'A' grade level.
What happens if Mill Park get relegated from Money and they win C grade, could that keep them in Money ???????? or their 2nds stay in C grade.

wont happen...

Simplistic view isn't it Bull.... the Brownlow medalist asks a good and relevant question. It is easy to say that it wont happen, but there is a chance that it could, or maybe in another grade. Question is still valid; has the DVCA got a plan for this scenario happening.

Simplistic view isn't it Bull.... the Brownlow medalist asks a good and relevant question. It is easy to say that it wont happen, but there is a chance that it could, or maybe in another grade. Question is still valid; has the DVCA got a plan for this scenario happening.

As I understand the rule, if that was to happen, there would be no movement for teams in B Grade, Mill Park would be safe in MS and unable to be promoted to B Grade.

Happy for someone with a bit more knowledge to correct me.

As I understand the rule, if that was to happen, there would be no movement for teams in B Grade, Mill Park would be safe in MS and unable to be promoted to B Grade.

Happy for someone with a bit more knowledge to correct me.

If MP finish last in MS - think you would see - B grade premier still up into MS. Mill Park to drop from MS to B grade.

The C grade level is where Mill Park (if premiers) would stay. Cannot get promoted if team alreqady in that grade.
The runner up in C might be given the option of moving up to B or the last placed team in B to stay up. (LStars)
I think the Stars might be happy to drop a rung for a year or 2 to re-build, so good chance the runner up would go up.

Similar scenario if Riverside finish last in B and their C grade find a way into the 4 and win it...

Looks like Riverside may stay up against all odds. Fair effort if they do. Eltham may sneak in to the 4 for finals. Can anyone see them causing anyone grief come finals time?

RIP Montmorency Pythons......interesting move, I am sure they have thought this through.

Would hate to have recently purchased any 'Pythons' attire...

well what happened, do tell !!!!!!!
Nothing too dramatic. Lower had passed OPSF and continued to bat on which I would imagine may have not been to JB's liking, so he brought himself on to bowl and proceeded to be a nuisance running into bowl and pullup, bowling balls over head height on the full and getting hit for some runs in between. Never a dull moment with Johnnie:)

RIP Montmorency Pythons......interesting move, I am sure they have thought this through.

Would hate to have recently purchased any 'Pythons' attire...

Sold their soul to the Devil???? Very interesting move, surely they will not get a lot out of it in a financial way. What could the major reasons be.....

Nothing too dramatic. Lower had passed OPSF and continued to bat on which I would imagine may have not been to JB's liking, so he brought himself on to bowl and proceeded to be a nuisance running into bowl and pullup, bowling balls over head height on the full and getting hit for some runs in between. Never a dull moment with Johnnie:)
Was it a case of sore loser you think?

Back