Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

Well done to Pete 'spaz' Kile on a good knock on the weekend.

Also reckon there are a couple of sides who could be in real trouble given their start and the fixture between now and Christmas.

Well done to Pete 'spaz' Kile on a good knock on the weekend.

Also reckon there are a couple of sides who could be in real trouble given their start and the fixture between now and Christmas.
Pity he couldn't do it in the first innings when it mattered!!!

And are the sides you (didn't) mention in trouble, or were they overated at the start of the season - the strengths might be changing in Money!!!

Pity he couldn't do it in the first innings when it mattered!!!

And are the sides you (didn't) mention in trouble, or were they overated at the start of the season - the strengths might be changing in Money!!!

I'm sure Pete would have liked a big first innings score, but you take the runs whenever they come, also looks like they were under the pump going into the second dig.

Yeah maybe the (un)mentioned teams were overrated, but they certaionly talked themselves up, and appeared to recruit well.

I'm sure Pete would have liked a big first innings score, but you take the runs whenever they come, also looks like they were under the pump going into the second dig.

Yeah maybe the (un)mentioned teams were overrated, but they certaionly talked themselves up, and appeared to recruit well.

It just goes to show that if you recruit Money Shield players to play in Money Shield its no guarantee of success. Plus the Eltham boys are up against Lower Plenty this match - looks like they could be winless from 4 games!

It just goes to show that if you recruit Money Shield players to play in Money Shield its no guarantee of success. Plus the Eltham boys are up against Lower Plenty this match - looks like they could be winless from 4 games!

Gee, could be a tough start to the year for the boys from Panther Place. Rnd 5 & 6 could be tough also, b' united are up and about and Borough after that. May have to write to santa asking for a win in the new year.:eek:

Gee, could be a tough start to the year for the boys from Panther Place. Rnd 5 & 6 could be tough also, b' united are up and about and Borough after that. May have to write to santa asking for a win in the new year.:eek:

Now let's not panic.

They'll do just enough to avoid relegation again and be happy with that.

Exactly like the last 4 - 5 years.

Now let's not panic.

They'll do just enough to avoid relegation again and be happy with that.

Exactly like the last 4 - 5 years.
3 games into the season Eltham sit 9 points outside the 4 and there is talk of relagation. As someone who has no ties to Eltham or any other side in Money Shield i find this amusing.

Facts are they have the best batsman in either comp by a long way, yes they did pick up Money Shield recruits (reasonably good ones though) and they were unlucky in two games. I would expect to see a win this week to start some momentum and believe they are the team to beat alongside LP/St.Francis.Not that i really care either way.

3 games into the season Eltham sit 9 points outside the 4 and there is talk of relagation. As someone who has no ties to Eltham or any other side in Money Shield i find this amusing.

Facts are they have the best batsman in either comp by a long way, yes they did pick up Money Shield recruits (reasonably good ones though) and they were unlucky in two games. I would expect to see a win this week to start some momentum and believe they are the team to beat alongside LP/St.Francis.Not that i really care either way.

If you don't care, and you are not connected, keep you two bob and your opinion to yourself.

Facts are - they have talked themselves up, (as they do), they recruited heavily ($$$) with every intention of going straight back up, now with a couple of ordinary performances (luck not with them, I agree) against medium ranked sides, they are faced with a few tougher games heading in to Christmas.

Mickelson has put in a transfer request to go back to Donath along with 3 or 4 others, rumour has it they told the club Elworthy goes or we go.

Mickelson has put in a transfer request to go back to Donath along with 3 or 4 others, rumour has it they told the club Elworthy goes or we go.

Micko played for Donath this week and made 100+.

Also heard 7 players made themselves unavailable after selection on Thursday night and M George was suspended by the club after having words with the coach.

TU in turmoil!

I've heard from a reliable source at TU that there was a commitee meeting on Friday night to decide weather elworthy would get the boot and the committee decided to keep him

I can't believe they would let 7 players leave over one bloke with a proven record to be a loose canon

Oh well TU for relegation now
If the committee had a vote, and the vote was for the coach to stay, then the club as a whole must think that he is good for the Club, and not putting other individuals in front of the Club.
A coach is appointed to run the Club, and if one or two (or SEVEN) don't see that, then better to make a stand and move on with UNITY!!!

I see Leigh Stewart carried his bat for a ton on the weekend despite Motsch bowling 30 odd overs. Gotta be a big chance for the medal this year.

"It is said that a batsman has carried his bat, if he is an opening batsman and has played throughout the innings and is not out" or
"In cricket, the term carry the bat (or carry one's bat) refers to an opening batsman who is not dismissed ("not out") when the team innings is closed"

and as their innings was closed, I see no more that he could do.

Harsh - and unproven as yet - to be true.
Unknown as to what the club & half the committee think about him.

You gooses should know that when the tail wags the dog, the club is on its knees...
By the way, how have thommo performed over the last 4 years.
My guess is that the gangrene had to be amputated, regardless of ability.
Club comes first me reckons!

You gooses should know that when the tail wags the dog, the club is on its knees...
By the way, how have thommo performed over the last 4 years.
My guess is that the gangrene had to be amputated, regardless of ability.
Club comes first me reckons!

Geese

What happened to mont on the weekend, they look like they have been embarrassed by the franks. Hard to believe that there could be that much difference between the two teams.
No Ash wood either, they wouldn't want to underachieve again.
Looks like Whittlesea might be able to stay up, only need maybe one more win.
Riverside in trouble, will struggle to win a game.

Very interesting season, lower and the franks form teams, BU in the mix, greensborough finding form. Eltham getting very little from the three recruits.

What happened to mont on the weekend, they look like they have been embarrassed by the franks. Hard to believe that there could be that much difference between the two teams.
No Ash wood either, they wouldn't want to underachieve again.
Looks like Whittlesea might be able to stay up, only need maybe one more win.
Riverside in trouble, will struggle to win a game.

Very interesting season, lower and the franks form teams, BU in the mix, greensborough finding form. Eltham getting very little from the three recruits.

Interesting season indeed, and huge week 2 coming up this weekend. Good scores from Lower, BU, GBorough and Whittlesea have them in good positions, St.Francs going for an outright against the Hill, and Eltham struggling (again) against Mont, (I guess a year out of the game is a long time for Lukey Kennell, ave 7.45 with one score over 8).

Season and ladder defining games.

Interesting season indeed, and huge week 2 coming up this weekend. Good scores from Lower, BU, GBorough and Whittlesea have them in good positions, St.Francs going for an outright against the Hill, and Eltham struggling (again) against Mont, (I guess a year out of the game is a long time for Lukey Kennell, ave 7.45 with one score over 8).

Well well who would have thought at the half way mark that the franks would be on top, Whittlesea pushing for a spot in the four and Eltham struggling.
Thomo seem to be better for the clean out.
Lower's odds maybe just starting to blow out a bit after the loss.

Season and ladder defining games.

Back