DVCA Money Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield

Dropped first Ball;340444 said:
Congratulations to NEW on winning their way into Barklay Shield. I only hope the narrow minded turd who chooses to leave threatening voicemails on ex members of the club is not a part of your future. Doesn't even have the balls to identify himself.
This is not from the person who received the voicemail just someone that is concerned that the scum can lower himself that far over a game of cricket.
Are you referring to the Daily Observer?

LegB4;340336 said:
Surely Groves will just do it all himsel? That'd have to be the only thing running through his mind.
Biggest load of jargon I have ever heard.
Have fun struggling again in Money Shield next year.

bundybullz08;340463 said:
Its Barclay buddy.:p
Should be good to see how NEW goes in it.
Sorry for the spelling mistake.

I hope you go really well in Barclay. I just think that this is twice now in a short period of time members of your club don't show any balls and hide behind mobile phone abuse instead on confronting people face to face.

Shows a lot of character. Something Barclay deserve I suppose

Congratulations to NEW on winning their way into Barklay Shield. I only hope the narrow minded turd who chooses to leave threatening voicemails on ex members of the club is not a part of your future. Doesn't even have the balls to identify himself.
This is not from the person who received the voicemail just someone that is concerned that the scum can lower himself that far over a game of cricket.

Dropped first Ball;340473 said:

I hope you go really well in Barclay. I just think that this is twice now in a short period of time members of your club don't show any balls and hide behind mobile phone abuse instead on confronting people face to face.

been around care to elaborate?yes there was guys at the club who made a few calls earlier this season but had appologise for their irresponsible actions but what are you talking about now?

suprised the people from north eltham no how to use mobile phones

Are you referring to the Daily Observer?

bundybullz08;340463 said:

do not generalize a club by one persons actions. yes it was a shocking thing to do and is not on, but no one at NEWCC knows who it was. so do not bag the club.

been around care to elaborate?yes there was guys at the club who made a few calls earlier this season but had appologise for their irresponsible actions but what are you talking about now?

suprised the people from north eltham no how to use mobile phones

sounds like you boys may have gone a bit hard after your win hey ???

Just noticed on the website they will be announcing teams of the year. I would like to put forward my possible team and get everyone elses thoughts/teams. No particular order:

1. Alastair Mann (NE)
2. Jordan Collicoat (NE)
3. Ronnie McKeown (YB) WK
4. Simon Bray (YB)
5. Mick McKeown (SM)
6. Leigh Stewart (MP)
7. Matthew George (TU)
8. Luke Kennell (EC)
9. Brent Gutterson (EC)
10. Greg Duggin (SF)
11. Brett Lewis (SF)
12. Andrew Caithness (MY)

I cant get down to 11 and big apologies to Jason Berthet, Daniel Sadowy, Craig Zealley, Nathan Grimshaw, Rick Ford, Brett Thomas and Wayne Wunhym who I just couldnt fit in but had very good years.

do not generalize a club by one persons actions. yes it was a shocking thing to do and is not on, but no one at NEWCC knows who it was. so do not bag the club.

yes geno is in big cricket retirement!!but yes ill pass on the message concussion..he did only play 7 home and away games but come on..theres atleast half of money shield that should be before big ronnie..no offence but didnt have that great of a year.
Berthet very stiff.
and Austin mann?

sounds like you boys may have gone a bit hard after your win hey ???

MONEY SHIELD

1 Jason BERTHET (SF)
2 Simon BRAY (YB)
3 Leigh STEWART (MP)
4 Luke KENNELL (EC)
5 Greg DUGGIN (SF)
6 Matthew DUCKWORTH (NE) wk
7 Brett LEWIS (SF) CAPT
8 Brent GUTTERSON (EC)
9 Adrian WILSON (YB)
10 Austin MANN (NE)
11 Ethan GROVES (NE)

thats the side there on the dvca website..got it pretty right..Only one was probaly Collicoat who was a bit stiff.

Just noticed on the website they will be announcing teams of the year. I would like to put forward my possible team and get everyone elses thoughts/teams. No particular order:

1. Alastair Mann (NE)
2. Jordan Collicoat (NE)
3. Ronnie McKeown (YB) WK
4. Simon Bray (YB)
5. Mick McKeown (SM)
6. Leigh Stewart (MP)
7. Matthew George (TU)
8. Luke Kennell (EC)
9. Brent Gutterson (EC)
10. Greg Duggin (SF)
11. Brett Lewis (SF)
12. Andrew Caithness (MY)

I cant get down to 11 and big apologies to Jason Berthet, Daniel Sadowy, Craig Zealley, Nathan Grimshaw, Rick Ford, Brett Thomas and Wayne Wunhym who I just couldnt fit in but had very good years.

the valley of excitment;342185 said:
Al Mann stiff?

Not really in my opinion, good player, however prob not in the best 11 this season based on his and other's performances.

In the team picked, Berthet and Bray deserved their spot.

• Berther 435 runs from 12 hits, Averaging 43.5.
  • Bray 327 runs from 12 hits, Averaging 27.5
  • Al - 392 runs from 14 hits, Averaging 30.5

I know Al is a good player and opens the batting, however hard to say he was stiff, the stats don't lie. Berthet is a better player and averaged 12 more than him, Bray averaged 2 less runs however picked up 38 wickets.

The other player who wasn't mentioned was Sadowy, personally he deserves the 11th spot for his overall season performance rather than someone like Aussie Mann or Groves, both had decent seasons but seem to have got the nod ahead of others due the GF win, probably can't argue with one of the two being picked, but wouldn't have both.

Daniel Sadowy - 34 wickets @ 15, 2x 5 wkt hauls and 5x 4 wkt hauls.
Aussie Mann - 30 wickets @ 20, bowled in 3 more innings, 2 more matches, three more innings and 3x 5 wicket hauls, no 4 wicket hauls.
Ethan Groves - before the GF, had 17 wkts @ Avg 20, not sure if one performance in GF gets you in the team of the year, but he did finish off well and deserving of all the praise he has received. 10 fa in a GF, not many people can say they did that.

yes geno is in big cricket retirement!!but yes ill pass on the message concussion..he did only play 7 home and away games but come on..theres atleast half of money shield that should be before big ronnie..no offence but didnt have that great of a year.
Berthet very stiff.
and Austin mann?

MONEY SHIELD

1 Jason BERTHET (SF)
2 Simon BRAY (YB)
3 Leigh STEWART (MP)
4 Luke KENNELL (EC)
5 Greg DUGGIN (SF)
7 Brett LEWIS (SF) CAPT
8 Brent GUTTERSON (EC)
9 Adrian WILSON (YB)
10 Austin MANN (NE)
11 Ethan GROVES (NE)

thats the side there on the dvca website..got it pretty right..Only one was probaly Collicoat who was a bit stiff.

share the passion;341915 said:
MONEY SHIELD

1 Jason BERTHET (SF)
2 Simon BRAY (YB)
3 Leigh STEWART (MP)
4 Luke KENNELL (EC)
5 Greg DUGGIN (SF)
7 Brett LEWIS (SF) CAPT
8 Brent GUTTERSON (EC)
9 Adrian WILSON (YB)
10 Austin MANN (NE)
11 Ethan GROVES (NE)

Why is the team represented by mostly players from finals clubs??? There are more than four clubs in Money Shield.

Drop Brett Lewis for the other 'All-rounder' position, and make Duggin captain.

Lewis:
11 innings, 358 runs @ 35.8
121 overs, 18 wickets @ 19.8 (Strike rate - 40.3, Economy rate - 3.0)

George:
11 innings, 325 runs @ 36.1
141 overs, 23 wickets @ 19.2 (Strike rate - 36.8, Economy rate - 3.1)

Caithness:
10 innings, 363 runs @ 51.9
176 overs, 20 wickets @ 26.2 (Strike rate - 53.0, Economy rate - 3.0)

Collicoat:
13 innings, 364 runs @ 30.3
124 overs, 18 wickets @ 22.3 (Strikes rate - 41.5, Economy rate - 3.2)

MONEY SHIELD

1 Jason BERTHET (SF)
2 Simon BRAY (YB)
3 Leigh STEWART (MP)
4 Luke KENNELL (EC)
5 Greg DUGGIN (SF)
7 Brett LEWIS (SF) CAPT
8 Brent GUTTERSON (EC)
9 Adrian WILSON (YB)
10 Austin MANN (NE)
11 Ethan GROVES (NE)

No room for any of the boys from morang aka Mick Mckeown (finished 4th for the medal) or maybe Scott Roderick?

the valley of excitment;342185 said:
Al Mann stiff?

Not really in my opinion, good player, however prob not in the best 11 this season based on his and other's performances.

In the team picked, Berthet and Bray deserved their spot.

• Berther 435 runs from 12 hits, Averaging 43.5.
  • Bray 327 runs from 12 hits, Averaging 27.5
  • Al - 392 runs from 14 hits, Averaging 30.5

I know Al is a good player and opens the batting, however hard to say he was stiff, the stats don't lie. Berthet is a better player and averaged 12 more than him, Bray averaged 2 less runs however picked up 38 wickets.

The other player who wasn't mentioned was Sadowy, personally he deserves the 11th spot for his overall season performance rather than someone like Aussie Mann or Groves, both had decent seasons but seem to have got the nod ahead of others due the GF win, probably can't argue with one of the two being picked, but wouldn't have both.

Daniel Sadowy - 34 wickets @ 15, 2x 5 wkt hauls and 5x 4 wkt hauls.
Aussie Mann - 30 wickets @ 20, bowled in 3 more innings, 2 more matches, three more innings and 3x 5 wicket hauls, no 4 wicket hauls.
Ethan Groves - before the GF, had 17 wkts @ Avg 20, not sure if one performance in GF gets you in the team of the year, but he did finish off well and deserving of all the praise he has received. 10 fa in a GF, not many people can say they did that.

mental;342813 said:
MONEY SHIELD

1 Jason BERTHET (SF)
2 Simon BRAY (YB)
3 Leigh STEWART (MP)
4 Luke KENNELL (EC)
5 Greg DUGGIN (SF)
7 Brett LEWIS (SF) CAPT
8 Brent GUTTERSON (EC)
9 Adrian WILSON (YB)
10 Austin MANN (NE)
11 Ethan GROVES (NE)

No room for any of the boys from morang aka Mick Mckeown (finished 4th for the medal) or maybe Scott Roderick?
I had Mick in my team of the year Mental.

I wouldnt have had Scott Roderick in, however I would have had him ahead of Ethan Groves. I think Sticky wicket was right in saying that 1 game at the end of the year shouldnt reflect a WHOLE year.

Im not saying he wasnt excellent in the grand final (he was) and probably single handedly got NE into Barclay, but there were 12 rounds prior to this that werent so excellent.

i agree big mick should of got a look in for the side but if you had a choice of even five bowlers or five bats he probably wouldnt get picked.or for the top three all rounders.but having said that he has had a remarkable year on paper.so who knows.still no big ronnie?

MONEY SHIELD

1 Jason BERTHET (SF)
2 Simon BRAY (YB)
3 Leigh STEWART (MP)
4 Luke KENNELL (EC)
5 Greg DUGGIN (SF)
7 Brett LEWIS (SF) CAPT
8 Brent GUTTERSON (EC)
9 Adrian WILSON (YB)
10 Austin MANN (NE)
11 Ethan GROVES (NE)

Why is the team represented by mostly players from finals clubs??? There are more than four clubs in Money Shield.

Drop Brett Lewis for the other 'All-rounder' position, and make Duggin captain.

Lewis:
11 innings, 358 runs @ 35.8
121 overs, 18 wickets @ 19.8 (Strike rate - 40.3, Economy rate - 3.0)

George:
11 innings, 325 runs @ 36.1
141 overs, 23 wickets @ 19.2 (Strike rate - 36.8, Economy rate - 3.1)

Caithness:
10 innings, 363 runs @ 51.9
176 overs, 20 wickets @ 26.2 (Strike rate - 53.0, Economy rate - 3.0)

Collicoat:
13 innings, 364 runs @ 30.3
124 overs, 18 wickets @ 22.3 (Strikes rate - 41.5, Economy rate - 3.2)

A big congrats to the goat Mick Mckeown on winning morangs club champion had an awesome year
Who took out everyone elses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back