Dvca, Nmca And Hdca To Merge

Which Association Clubs will benefit the most from this merger

• Total voters
When you step back and consider it, the 'merger' has been taking place for years by stealth.

Where do we think Epping, Lalor Stars, Thomastown, Camrea, Mill Park, Macleod, St Francis, Greensborough, Mernda, have all come from ???

Over the years, Clubs in the DVCA have happily voted to let these new teams into our competition.
Making the DVCA 'stronger' whilst happily diluting the strength of the other comps.
We were all happy to 'travel' to each of these new grounds and start new rivalries against these new foes.

So how different is it if Northern Socials, Bundoora park, Heidelberg etc all come into the comp in 2012-13 ?
Only 3 differences.
1) There is a bulk of them coming at once.
2) Comp name changes to NCL instead of DVCA.
3) the A grade gradings might change. Whereas in the past new teams have started in Div 2, they may start now in div 1 at the expense of some current BS sides.

I am sure if we were to table the merger to proceed but all NMCA & HDCA teams to start in Money shield or below - how many would oppose it then?

Does anyone REALLY care if they play in the DVCA or NCL? How many people go round beating their chest, telling their mates they play in the DVCA?
No - you tell them you play for Bundoora, Riverside etc...

At the end of the day, whether it is Bundoora v Riverside or Bundoora v Heidelberg, we are stil the same mates playing the same game with each other for the same club.
Perhaps it is a little different playing against new opponents rather than the same opponents each year, but that is a little refreshing in itself.
This year Bundoora C grade played in the old Money Reserve comp. Whilst it was great playing against sides like Monty & Lower Plenty and some old foes again, it was also great to challenge against new teams i had never played against previously like St Francis, Greensborough etc...

Perhaps some people need to take the blinkers off a little.

Now, let me put it on record - I currently am not in support of the NCL in its current form. I too would prefer to stay in my own safe little world called the DVCA.
But I am willing to hear the pros/cons put forward before our club votes on it.

Perhaps if clubs knew that a few of the elected DVCA executives were going to form a new committee called the NCL and not give the DV clubs or the remaining DVCA executive a vote prior to reaching this point those certain few may never have been elected in the first place.

Also according to article in the DV Leader this week on the NCL, they also used the word "Merge" to explain how three different comps were merging to form the new NCL.

And if this is not a merge as you say but a newly formed league called the NCL, surely Tool, Marlwood and Atkins no longer represent the clubs in the DVCA or the remaining DVCA executive and should immediately stand down.

It would be like Eddie Maguire forming a new Football Club in the AFL and trying to entice his Collingwood players to play for this new club, but at the same time, still holding the Presidency of the Pies. Wouldnt happen, would it.

If Joe Fleming was leading this DVCA push to the NCL I would be equally critical of how poorly this has been handled thus far.

Also a few slides with Graphs about what other Cricket comps in Victoria currently offer is not what I would call an impressive presentation, but everyone has an their own opinion which makes this forum so good.

Firstly clubs have been aware that members of our executive have been working on the NCL concept since it's inception, all club delegates were informed. We, as clubs have had ample opportunity to band together and say we don't want this, please don't act on our behalf, This never happened. That's not to say it can't happen now, but to this point, i have no knowledge of any club "officialy" voicing there displeasure, with the executive or other clubs. Maybe now is the time???

Without looking at the article, i'm still sure that the information (limited) given has been that the NCL is a seperate entity. The DVCA decisions are made by clubs, not executives. I'm not sure how the hdca and nmca work.

There is no need for anybody to stand down, if enough clubs are of the same opinion as yours/Riverside, clubs have the right to call for a special agm to have them ousted, or alternatively, wait til the AGM where all positions are declared vacant.

As has been previously mentioned, there has been a meeting called for next Wednesday for the clubs to discuss the NCL. It is for clubs only. Have not seen an agenda, so don't really know what the discussion is about? If it's to disuss clubs feelings and attitudes towards the NCL - positive or negative it could be really worth while. i know i'm certinly interested in the thoughts of other clubs. Some people may feel more comfortable in this type of forum without the stigma of an official dvca meeting with the commitee members present.
I just hope it does not turn into a whinge session about how this has been handled so far, clubs are quite within there rights to ask any questions they want of the current executive, the forum for that is the pre agm, not a specially called meeting without them present..... In my opinion anyway.

Interested to know the STRANGLERS opinion, he's been quiet on her for the last 8 months:p

Interesting times ahead, think we'll be all worn out by the time October comes around...... which can't come quick enough if you ask me!!

When you step back and consider it, the 'merger' has been taking place for years by stealth.

Where do we think Epping, Lalor Stars, Thomastown, Camrea, Mill Park, Macleod, St Francis, Greensborough, Mernda, have all come from ???

Over the years, Clubs in the DVCA have happily voted to let these new teams into our competition.
Making the DVCA 'stronger' whilst happily diluting the strength of the other comps.
We were all happy to 'travel' to each of these new grounds and start new rivalries against these new foes.

So how different is it if Northern Socials, Bundoora park, Heidelberg etc all come into the comp in 2012-13 ?
Only 3 differences.
1) There is a bulk of them coming at once.
2) Comp name changes to NCL instead of DVCA.
3) the A grade gradings might change. Whereas in the past new teams have started in Div 2, they may start now in div 1 at the expense of some current BS sides.

I am sure if we were to table the merger to proceed but all NMCA & HDCA teams to start in Money shield or below - how many would oppose it then?

Does anyone REALLY care if they play in the DVCA or NCL? How many people go round beating their chest, telling their mates they play in the DVCA?
No - you tell them you play for Bundoora, Riverside etc...

At the end of the day, whether it is Bundoora v Riverside or Bundoora v Heidelberg, we are stil the same mates playing the same game with each other for the same club.
Perhaps it is a little different playing against new opponents rather than the same opponents each year, but that is a little refreshing in itself.
This year Bundoora C grade played in the old Money Reserve comp. Whilst it was great playing against sides like Monty & Lower Plenty and some old foes again, it was also great to challenge against new teams i had never played against previously like St Francis, Greensborough etc...

Perhaps some people need to take the blinkers off a little.

Now, let me put it on record - I currently am not in support of the NCL in its current form. I too would prefer to stay in my own safe little world called the DVCA.
But I am willing to hear the pros/cons put forward before our club votes on it.

Rubish, it wasnt great playing against some of the old MR rabble, Yarrambat, Morang, Camrea, they were terrible. The proposed comp will just be more rabble. Mont was good, Lwr good, but give me Riverside, Creek, Plenty every day.

You are officially dis-owned Humpty.

I think people need to tone down their critisism of the DVCA executive a bit, particulalry given the extent of a lot of peoples contribution to DVCA cricket is via BC.

Rubish, it wasnt great playing against some of the old MR rabble, Yarrambat, Morang, Camrea, they were terrible. The proposed comp will just be more rabble. Mont was good, Lwr good, but give me Riverside, Creek, Plenty every day.

You are officially dis-owned Humpty.

Players who retire coz there wife doesnt let them play any more dont have any right to comment on the future

I think people need to tone down their critisism of the DVCA executive a bit, particulalry given the extent of a lot of peoples contribution to DVCA cricket is via BC.

Good to see 100% Bull sticks up for what he obviously believes in and is not afraid to speak his mind on this matter.

If everyone looks closely at the supposed benefits the NCL are offering their proposal is clearly flawed any many areas. (More Info to come)

If clubs want to bitch about how they have been treated in relation to this Merge by the NCL/DVCA thus far, then I feel they have every right to voice their frustration at the process and the under-handedness of it all.

The DVCA executives Represent US, The DVCA Clubs and its members. And they have no authority to do whatever they feel like without the clubs approving it first. Clearly they are out of order.

Under the NCL, some clubs will need to Merge.....
Some interesting facts for all clubs to know:

UMPIRES
  • Senior Umpiring Numbers
    (taken from a round in Feb)
    Comp Games Umps
    DVCA 51 51
    HDCA 21 22
    NMCA 35 17
    (Say good by to having a good representation of umpires).
THE 3 COMPETITIONS

Of the 25 clubs in the DVCA:
  • All clubs have junior teams.
  • all clubs have more than 1 team (UB have 1 team + 1 merged team, TU have 1 team + 4 merged teams)
Of the 23 clubs who play seniors in the NMCA:
  • 14 clubs have junior teams, 9 don't!
  • of the 14 clubs with juniors, 2 clubs have only 1 team.
Of the 13 clubs who play in HDCA:
  • 11 clubs have junior teams, 2 don't 
    • of the 11 clubs with juniors, 3 clubs have only 1 team

• These are the type of facts that should have been presented to all Clubs at the NCL Meeting, not just general statements and slogans.

NCL = NO CLOSE LOCATIONS

Here,Here.

Dear Centre to Leg, are you the only bloke that knows what his talkig about??

anybody listening to this guy????? Only bloke that is making perferct sense!!!
CV don't care, if they did they would be running it!

NCL!!! get over it!! It just won't work!!

Here,Here.

Dear Centre to Leg, are you the only bloke that knows what his talkig about??

anybody listening to this guy????? Only bloke that is making perferct sense!!!
CV don't care, if they did they would be running it!

NCL!!! get over it!! It just won't work!!

Relax, yes C2L makes alot of sense but he is not alone. I have heard that nearly 20 clubs from the DVCA just had an informal meeting (organised by two Presidents held @ PCC) where it was pretty much unanimous that they are NOT going to vote for participation in the NCL and wish to remain in the DVCA. I heard it was pretty much a well run and interesting meeting where all agreed that not having information or being consulted was one main point but the main one was THE DVCA IS WORKING AND WORKING WELL, WHY TRY AND FIX SOMETHING THAT IS NOT BROKEN. I was told that some of the ideas for the NCL junior proposal should be investigated by the DVCA and clubs but really THE DVCA IS FINE, KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS. I have been told that only 5 clubs did not attend (which is a shame)

SO relax all, in the DVCA clubs get a vote and have voted NO:cool:

Good to see 100% Bull sticks up for what he obviously believes in and is not afraid to speak his mind on this matter.

If everyone looks closely at the supposed benefits the NCL are offering their proposal is clearly flawed any many areas. (More Info to come)

If clubs want to bitch about how they have been treated in relation to this Merge by the NCL/DVCA thus far, then I feel they have every right to voice their frustration at the process and the under-handedness of it all.

The DVCA executives Represent US, The DVCA Clubs and its members. And they have no authority to do whatever they feel like without the clubs approving it first. Clearly they are out of order.

Under the NCL, some clubs will need to Merge.....
Some interesting facts for all clubs to know:

UMPIRES
  • Senior Umpiring Numbers
    (taken from a round in Feb)
    Comp Games Umps
    DVCA 51 51
    HDCA 21 22
    NMCA 35 17
    (Say good by to having a good representation of umpires).
THE 3 COMPETITIONS

Of the 25 clubs in the DVCA:
  • All clubs have junior teams.
  • all clubs have more than 1 team (UB have 1 team + 1 merged team, TU have 1 team + 4 merged teams)
Of the 23 clubs who play seniors in the NMCA:

• 14 clubs have junior teams, 9 don't!
  • of the 14 clubs with juniors, 2 clubs have only 1 team.
Of the 13 clubs who play in HDCA:

• 11 clubs have junior teams, 2 don't 
    • of the 11 clubs with juniors, 3 clubs have only 1 team

• These are the type of facts that should have been presented to all Clubs at the NCL Meeting, not just general statements and slogans.

NCL = NO CLOSE LOCATIONS

I take it by the tone of your e-mail, you are against the NCL:D

If i could just comment on one thing that i have put in bold above. If you would like to talk facts, here is a few:

Clubs were told of a proposed NCL back in February - hence the fact nominations for a steering committees were called to investigate on behalf of the DVCA clubs , Bundoora had a member on the junior committee, not sure who the others were. Plenty, Bundoora United and North Eltham nominated people to sit on the senior committee. All clubs were informed at the delegates meeting, no resistence was offered then or a short time after when all delegates i assume would have reported events of the meeting to there respective clubs. If your not happy with the information filtering back, talk to your delegate.
If clubs did not approve, why were they nominating people to investigate this option further??

I may be answering my own question, but, i assume there was no resistance because clubs were not sure what they were in fact resisting. Now all clubs have had the opportunity to get a greater understanding of what the NCL is all about, quite clearly the majority of the clubs who were represented last night expressed a desire to have no further correspondence from the NCL.

You may not be happy or agree with how things have been conducted since that time, you are certianly not on your own and while your statment of "And they have no authority to do whatever they feel like without the clubs approving it first" is on the money, in this case it is factually wrong when your suggesting they did this without the knowledge of the clubs.

Last nights meeting was very constructive and well ran by Darren WARD and David LOVE. All clubs were given an opportunity to talk and i think of the 20 clubs in attendance, it was quite clear that clubs are against any proposed NCL, which is there right. Riverside raised the statistacal things you have mentioned above and it was great that they had gone to so much detail, it gave some people a greater understanding and illustrated your clubs position very well.

When all is said and done, the NCL concept was knocked on the head by the DVCA clubs last night and the clubs will articulate their positon to the members of the DVCA executive at the Pre AGM.

Cow Corner - You have given a good synopsis of the meeting, sounds like you were there;)

Sensational. Great to see the DVCA is democratic and that people's opinions still count. Another win for the DVCA. End of forum.

Finally DVCA clubs flex their muscles!!!! can you take Strathewan so we don't have to travel an hour and a half for a game!

I think the Jika board have a lot of explaining to do, they have run the comp into the ground, gone, lalor stars, Epping, Mernda
moneybank camrea/thomastown. Time to start having a good hard look internally, we need an adminstrator that has no connection to cricket this side of town!! We need to go to CV and say help!! and not continue to have imposters running the comp to satisfy their own egos!! imagine paying a tool 12k to run a comp into the ground and for the people that put him there well they really did their homework!!! not! he nearly killed hdca before they woke up and threw him out. his senior presentation of what the NCL was going to be was sensantional!!! I feel sorry for the junior guy as his was spot on and made total sense and that should be further explored. as for the seniors, how can you start a meeting with "we won't answer any specific questions because we haven't got the answers" anyways good luck to all clubs, I can smell another flag!! Over and out!!

p.s. willy you can know run and hide back to the sannas!!

Good to see democracy still reigns supreme. DVCA Clubs are the winners here. From all accounts last nights meeting was the most productive meeting the DVCA clubs have ever had. Ideas and views were shared by all clubs without criticism. I believe the clubs have spoken in favor of the DVCA remaining as is, run by the clubs.
I still maintain that the clubs were not consulted formely on whether they wanted the NCL to form. A sub committee was suppose to report back to the DVCA executive and clubs of their findings and proposals. This did not occur, no clubs were asked to vote on whether we wanted to persue the idea of a three way merge of competitions. All we knew is that the NCL had formed, there was an NCL website and an NCL meeting organized.
From what I am told, the majority of the clubs at last nights meeting all felt the same way about how poorly this has been handled by the DVCA representatives and felt the DVCA is currently a healthy and viable competition. Sure it's not perfect but if the DVCA clubs continue to unite and work together we will continue to improve and grow our great competition further.
The Clubs have spoken and now will act.
So hopefully the NCL will leave us alone and let the DVCA concentrate on more pressing issues like the start of season 2011/12.
Bring it on.

It's time for heads to roll.....

Clearly there are some people who are willing to put their own interests/future financial prospects before the good of the DVCA.

The people of the Valley have spoken, and the jungle drums are beating for certain TOOLs.

Clearly there are some people who are willing to put their own interests/future financial prospects before the good of the DVCA.

The people of the Valley have spoken, and the jungle drums are beating for certain TOOLs.

So I assume you will be nominating yourself for a position on the board at the AGM ??

Big call for a first post fencebuster. If you knew one of the blokes you were refering to then you'd know that he has nothing to gain personaly from any merge or super league, in fact he has nothing to gain from his role on the executive, nor does the bloke have anything to prove. You sound like someone that hasn't done much in the DVCA, on or off the field, but I maybe wrong. Anyway if your gonna make big calls you should know a little bit about the people you are slagging off at.

Good to see democracy still reigns supreme. DVCA Clubs are the winners here. From all accounts last nights meeting was the most productive meeting the DVCA clubs have ever had. Ideas and views were shared by all clubs without criticism. I believe the clubs have spoken in favor of the DVCA remaining as is, run by the clubs.
I still maintain that the clubs were not consulted formely on whether they wanted the NCL to form. A sub committee was suppose to report back to the DVCA executive and clubs of their findings and proposals. This did not occur, no clubs were asked to vote on whether we wanted to persue the idea of a three way merge of competitions. All we knew is that the NCL had formed, there was an NCL website and an NCL meeting organized.
From what I am told, the majority of the clubs at last nights meeting all felt the same way about how poorly this has been handled by the DVCA representatives and felt the DVCA is currently a healthy and viable competition. Sure it's not perfect but if the DVCA clubs continue to unite and work together we will continue to improve and grow our great competition further.
The Clubs have spoken and now will act.
So hopefully the NCL will leave us alone and let the DVCA concentrate on more pressing issues like the start of season 2011/12.
Bring it on.

What are you gunna get all wound up about now C2L? There were times when I thought there may have been a minor earth quake at the other end of Trennery Crescent you were so worked up.

Go Bulls!

100% Bull....... You are so naive not to think that there would be a full time administrator's position up for grabs under the new structure?? A PAID position.

And that the position would most likely be filled by the person in charge of the largest and most successful competition?

Cmon mate- get real

Back