Dvca, Nmca And Hdca To Merge

Which Association Clubs will benefit the most from this merger

• Total voters
100% Bull....... You are so naive not to think that there would be a full time administrator's position up for grabs under the new structure?? A PAID position.

And that the position would most likely be filled by the person in charge of the largest and most successful competition?

Cmon mate- get real

Um, the DVCA administer is a paid position (~$12k), actually there is 4 paid positions on the DVCA, what's your point?

What are the chances the above bloke (nadia) plays for a Jika club? :D

I think everyone on here doesn't want the merger to go ahead. Yet there is bullshit being sent backwards and forwards about what people are talking about. Waste of time. We know no one wants it, there is no point arguing minor details just for shits and giggles. If you want to do that bag anyone, bag Cow Corner...... He's only a shadow of the man he once was. Liposuction will do that to you!

Bundoora boys, I really like reading your normally insightful and reasonably intelligent posts, I thoroughly enjoy everytime you bag Riverside and the Strangler, but seriously, you both need to stop being very precious when it comes to people bagging the executives. We know that you're friends with them, we know you think they are good blokes, but you don't need to throw a tantrum overtime someone bags them. You have done it for 3 years now.

From the DVCA clubs perspective, the merger is DEAD and BURIED. Furthermore from talking to a HDCA club member, some of there more higher profile clubs may reconsider there position as they were led to believe that the DVCA clubs would all be part of it.

100% Bull....... You are so naive not to think that there would be a full time administrator's position up for grabs under the new structure?? A PAID position.

And that the position would most likely be filled by the person in charge of the largest and most successful competition?

Cmon mate- get real

You couldnt pay me enough to run the new super league, or any of the existing three leagues.

What are the chances the above bloke (nadia) plays for a Jika club? :D

I think everyone on here doesn't want the merger to go ahead. Yet there is bullshit being sent backwards and forwards about what people are talking about. Waste of time. We know no one wants it, there is no point arguing minor details just for shits and giggles. If you want to do that bag anyone, bag Cow Corner...... He's only a shadow of the man he once was. Liposuction will do that to you!

Bundoora boys, I really like reading your normally insightful and reasonably intelligent posts, I thoroughly enjoy everytime you bag Riverside and the Strangler, but seriously, you both need to stop being very precious when it comes to people bagging the executives. We know that you're friends with them, we know you think they are good blokes, but you don't need to throw a tantrum overtime someone bags them. You have done it for 3 years now.

There plenty of good blokes on the DVCA exec and they havent all played for Bundoora. But to your point, we can now resume normal posting and bag shittt out of Riverside.:p

You couldnt pay me enough to run the new super league, or any of the existing three leagues.

I must say that this is one of the biggest questions to come from all the 'merger' talk.

If the current DVCA executive is to be given the boot, as many club leaders spoke of, who will be the ones to put their hands up and lead the DVCA in the next few years. Replacing some hard working people is not that easy to do.

I must say that this is one of the biggest questions to come from all the 'merger' talk.

If the current DVCA executive is to be given the boot, as many club leaders spoke of, who will be the ones to put their hands up and lead the DVCA in the next few years. Replacing some hard working people is not that easy to do.

It is a great talking point Unity but one I suspect one that will generate little discussion. I've got a lot of respect for some of the people leading the 'anti' charge, however most of them are already over committed at their respective clubs. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the existing exec say get stuffed and walk away, why wouldn't you if you were those guys. I would be surprised however if there were lots of nominations for exec positions.

All the talk from the 'Clubs' meeting was based purely on Senior issues, with minimal impact thought of what could happen to benefit our clubs in 10-15 years, with the junior proposal. All the great work that the DVCA Junior Exec has done in the past couple of seasons, all driven basically by one man, will be lost if he is "booted out with his mates" as was inferred at the meeting.
If someone thinks that they can do a better job, then that person needs to stand up and throw their (unbiased) hat in the ring and do what he thinks is best for the association, and not just for the (immediate) future of his club.

All the talk from the 'Clubs' meeting was based purely on Senior issues, with minimal impact thought of what could happen to benefit our clubs in 10-15 years, with the junior proposal. All the great work that the DVCA Junior Exec has done in the past couple of seasons, all driven basically by one man, will be lost if he is "booted out with his mates" as was inferred at the meeting.
If someone thinks that they can do a better job, then that person needs to stand up and throw their (unbiased) hat in the ring and do what he thinks is best for the association, and not just for the (immediate) future of his club.

Agree with what you are saying. The Exec represented the DVCA clubs in the proposal. There might have been some bias or hidden agendas by a minority but who knows. The potential full time administrator package on offer was believed to be signifianct and one which was there to entice the right applicant - so who wouldnt be interested?
As for booting out the Exec- i cannot see anyone else putting their hands up in a hurry. These are mostly volunteer positions and take a significnat amount of time. No I'm not defending the ex bundoora people again but stating a fact.

It is however interesting to hear to your supportive point of view about the junior proposal. Because if my assumption that you play at NEW is correct, then it was your club rep that was most passionately against the idea at the combined meeting a few weeks back.

Just heard that it is highly likely that Mark Maxwell will not be standing for DVCA presidency and that Marlwood Ryder and Michael Atkins will be gone as well! Seems as though that this whole merger proposal was driven by these as a fait accompli without consideration for the clubs, and therefore there positions are now untenable!

Cheers to that Turbo.

Looking forward to a nice long AGM this year with all of the new nominations for executive positions.
First time we have had a ballot at an AGM for a long long time :rolleyes:
No doubt will be a few unhappy people when they miss out on the much sought after positions.

Looking forward to a nice long AGM this year with all of the new nominations for executive positions.
First time we have had a ballot at an AGM for a long long time :rolleyes:
No doubt will be a few unhappy people when they miss out on the much sought after positions.

Hopefully I recognise sarcasm when I see it Ex Prez! Your obviously dissapointed by the rumours regarding the potential demise of some people on the exec? Must say though, that the way they have run this whole merger proposal has been a disgrace and from what I have heard some of the members perhaps committed the comp to the proposal without respecting the rights of the individual clubs and certainly without protecting the interests of the organisation whose interests they were supposed to be looking after! It would be interesting to know why they chose handling this the way they did and not the way they were obliged to do? Heading back to your sarcasm, perhaps there won`t be a plethora of people putting there hands up to take whatever positions may arise, it should not however not be a reason to excuse this whole drama which has been a balls up from start to finish.

Agree with what you are saying. The Exec represented the DVCA clubs in the proposal. There might have been some bias or hidden agendas by a minority but who knows. The potential full time administrator package on offer was believed to be signifianct and one which was there to entice the right applicant - so who wouldnt be interested?
As for booting out the Exec- i cannot see anyone else putting their hands up in a hurry. These are mostly volunteer positions and take a significnat amount of time. No I'm not defending the ex bundoora people again but stating a fact.

It is however interesting to hear to your supportive point of view about the junior proposal. Because if my assumption that you play at NEW is correct, then it was your club rep that was most passionately against the idea at the combined meeting a few weeks back.
Not at all aligned to NEW, more to do with the other half of the name.
If as it has been stated that the old Exec has run it's race, then it will be a very interesting meeting to see if the same people that said at the 'Clubs' meeting that they had the Associations interests at heart and not so much there own, or that of their Club, do actually stand up and put their mouths and time, where they all say that their heart is. I doubt it thoroughly and expect them to be quite silent.
Very interesting couple of weeks to be had to deal with the future, both immediate and distant.

Hopefully I recognise sarcasm when I see it Ex Prez! Your obviously dissapointed by the rumours regarding the potential demise of some people on the exec? Must say though, that the way they have run this whole merger proposal has been a disgrace and from what I have heard some of the members perhaps committed the comp to the proposal without respecting the rights of the individual clubs and certainly without protecting the interests of the organisation whose interests they were supposed to be looking after! It would be interesting to know why they chose handling this the way they did and not the way they were obliged to do? Heading back to your sarcasm, perhaps there won`t be a plethora of people putting there hands up to take whatever positions may arise, it should not however not be a reason to excuse this whole drama which has been a balls up from start to finish.

A typical set of bullshit words with no sense or substance.

Back