DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Snake;352975 said:
I'm interested in peoples thoughts on a recent captain / coach appointment in Barclay Shield. Apparantley the player in question will get a fair bit of coin to Captain/Coach (fair enough) but can only train with the club one night a week. Do you think a Captain/Coach of a Barclay Shield club should train twice a week irrespective of who they are and which club they play with?

F@#*ng hell he wanted $50k to train 2 nights a week so we agreed once was enough!

cold case;353005 said:
F@#*ng hell he wanted $50k to train 2 nights a week so we agreed once was enough!
Can't be on squillions Jesensek as Stars are advertising paying blokes if the right player comes along.

Now look boys if you read my original post I did not make an issue of the money, I said it was fair enough and I also said it was in Barclay Shield. If the club involved is happy to do it then it is their prerogotive but it does potentially open yourself up for "issues" down the track if things don't go to plan. I also personally think it puts additional pressure on the player to perform. I could be wrong but time will tell I suppose.

Snake;353013 said:
Now look boys if you read my original post I did not make an issue of the money, I said it was fair enough and I also said it was in Barclay Shield. If the club involved is happy to do it then it is their prerogotive but it does potentially open yourself up for "issues" down the track if things don't go to plan. I also personally think it puts additional pressure on the player to perform. I could be wrong but time will tell I suppose.

If this player only makes 100 runs for the year so be it.He doesnt need to prove anything.Would love for him to have a great year but more importantly if he can bring fresh innovations towards stategy and matchday preparation he would have improved us greatly.Our main aim this year is to improve our junior stocks and he is willing to run camps and help with our general junior program.A coach has to be able to get the best out of individuals and if he can get anywhere near this we will have a decent year.Like any coach of any sport the biggest challenge is getting the players playing for you.

Look Jessensek on $1.50 a run is pretty cheap I would have thought. There are other blokes around like Brent Bailey in Barclay who get upwards of $6 a run. Who would you rather be paying?

geezatheking;353027 said:
Look Jessensek on $1.50 a run is pretty cheap I would have thought. There are other blokes around like Brent Bailey in Barclay who get upwards of $6 a run. Who would you rather be paying?

Bails would have been handy for the Stars in the final last year.

geezatheking;353027 said:
Depends how the other bloke plays in finals? I checked the NMCA website and in the last two years AJ has batted in 6 finals for 41 runs. $1.50 might be too much.

Snake;353058 said:
Depends how the other bloke plays in finals? I checked the NMCA website and in the last two years AJ has batted in 6 finals for 41 runs. $1.50 might be too much.

Listen Snake It Sounds Like You Have Nothing Positive To Say About Alex
Our Club Is Extremely Pleased Having Alex On Board.
He Will Be A Big Positive For Us.
Build A Bridge Mate & Move On & Get Back To Your Other Cricket Site

sweet as;353112 said:

AJ is a great bloke but everything I have put on here is factual. I am not making anything up. If you want everyone to be sheep on here then this site would be pretty boring. If I put something on here that is factually incorrect then please point it out and tell me to p*** off, if I have a different opinion than you then I would not expect to be told to p*** off.
Cold Case gave a great response to one of the points I raised earlier which I think is the way it should be if you have a difference of opinion. Try and be constructive not destructive. I'm tipping AJ will make 500 runs in the home and away season. Hopefully he will be able to continue that form into finals.

Snake;353117 said:
AJ is a great bloke but everything I have put on here is factual. I am not making anything up. If you want everyone to be sheep on here then this site would be pretty boring. If I put something on here that is factually incorrect then please point it out and tell me to p*** off, if I have a different opinion than you then I would not expect to be told to p*** off.
Cold Case gave a great response to one of the points I raised earlier which I think is the way it should be if you have a difference of opinion. Try and be constructive not destructive. I'm tipping AJ will make 500 runs in the home and away season. Hopefully he will be able to continue that form into finals.

If anyone in the Valley thinks they are a walk up start for Finals they are kidding themselves.It has become very even in recent times.Lets look at 4 teams that missed out last season.Creek,Plenty,Riverside and Research.All have good enough lists to make the 4 or even go the whole way.No disrespect to all other teams intended.
Snake you basically are saying that because we have this new recruit we are automatically finals bound.Definately not.We have some real good bats to cover a few that miss out.Our biggest problem is our bowling ranks and thats why we have secured Perera from Baseballers.

Fair enough.
Those two guys are very good cricketers so they can only improve your team.

Their contracts generally speaking are made up of 3 components:

A/ Playing for your club
B/ Playing Sunday cricket
C/ Work

Last year the lads missed out on Sunday cricket because the team they were supposed to play in was for some reason not allowed to play in the Sunday competition. The figures vary depending on the quality of the cricketer you are trying to get. The playing component for an average Sri Lankan is about 2-3k but you will need to find him work, the better Sri Lankan cricketers will cost you 5k plus you need to find them work. Once they have proven themselves in the competition they are playing in then the price goes up.
I believe that the Perera that left Baseballers for Lalor Stars wanted to bring his wife and kid over.

Snake;353147 said:
Their contracts generally speaking are made up of 3 components:

A/ Playing for your club
B/ Playing Sunday cricket
C/ Work

Last year the lads missed out on Sunday cricket because the team they were supposed to play in was for some reason not allowed to play in the Sunday competition. The figures vary depending on the quality of the cricketer you are trying to get. The playing component for an average Sri Lankan is about 2-3k but you will need to find him work, the better Sri Lankan cricketers will cost you 5k plus you need to find them work. Once they have proven themselves in the competition they are playing in then the price goes up.
I believe that the Perera that left Baseballers for Lalor Stars wanted to bring his wife and kid over.

Close enough to mark Snake but not interested in finding them work,family vacantions or residency.Will help if possible for work but not a pre requisite.Family vacations or residency is up to them with what spondoola they make!

sweet as;353112 said:

Agreed, i know Alex from playing Indoor cricket with him and he is a great bloke. Will add alot to Lalor Stars with his knowledge and skills! A great get and im sure will have a successful year. Seems like AJ has a lot to prove to some people, alot of doubters already!

cold case;352854 said:
I would only be guessing to say that Greensborough and him would part company only if Greensborugh came to the valley.

I have heard that he was carrying a lot of injuries last year
I have heard that he may look after the 2's at Plenty this year
I have heard that Paves' coaching style didnt suit Borough.

Dont know how much of this is true and dont really care but what I've heard people say.

Who knows why he left. Could also be because he wanted to Play Barclay and not Money? We can all speculate im just happy i dont have to bowl to him this year in Money!

To Summise so far on arrivals/departures

lalor stars - In - AJ & Perrera Out - ?

Plenty - In - Salvatore, Pavey (2nds) - Out - ?

Lower Eltham - In? Out - Salvatore

Macleod - In Lancaster - Out - ?

Mernda - In - Solymon - Out - Snowy

Research - have not heard a thing

Epping - have not heard a thing

North Eltham - have not heard a thing

Riverside - have not heard a thing

Diamo - have not heard a thing

Bundoora - will be very much the same as previous season - Contrary to previous reports, Brendan Joyce, who will be spending time at Bundoora ( coaching kids as he has the last 5 seasons ) will not be playing.

Anyone shed any light on other movements throughout the comp??

Bundoora;353293 said:
To Summise so far on arrivals/departures

lalor stars - In - AJ & Perrera Out - ?

Plenty - In - Salvatore, Pavey (2nds) - Out - ?

Lower Eltham - In? Out - Salvatore

Macleod - In Lancaster - Out - ?

Mernda - In - Solymon - Out - Snowy

Research - have not heard a thing

Epping - have not heard a thing

North Eltham - have not heard a thing

Riverside - have not heard a thing

Diamo - have not heard a thing

Bundoora - will be very much the same as previous season - Contrary to previous reports, Brendan Joyce, who will be spending time at Bundoora ( coaching kids as he has the last 5 seasons ) will not be playing.

Anyone shed any light on other movements throughout the comp??

What about the bloke who pink is making play or he we wont hire him again?
Took 50 odd wickets last year
Is Rossy leaving Plenty?

cold case;353297 said:
What about the bloke who pink is making play or he we wont hire him again?
Took 50 odd wickets last year
Is Rossy leaving Plenty?

That was some sri lankan that plays out west, no idea what has happened, i explained to pink that i'd much prefer a bloke who can make 500 runs, taking wickets isn't our problem!!
as far as i know, it was all "pi$$ talk" i can't imagine that happening but who knows. Honestly i have not heard any further.
more hope of pink having a tub!!

I think Rossy is still coach of Plenty, you heard any different?

Bundoora;353298 said:
That was some sri lankan that plays out west, no idea what has happened, i explained to pink that i'd much prefer a bloke who can make 500 runs, taking wickets isn't our problem!!
as far as i know, it was all "pi$$ talk" i can't imagine that happening but who knows. Honestly i have not heard any further.
more hope of pink having a tub!!

I think Rossy is still coach of Plenty, you heard any different?

I thought I heard something but it was about 2am and I'd had a few.Not very substantial is it?
Lalor outs are Jamshed,Shazmil and Abeyratne.Although Muji is trying hard to talk us back into it.
Rumours of Digger Curtis maybe not playing as he live in Port Melbourne.Again just rumours.
Big tip is if Camrea dont come in that one of their new recruit batsman may have had talks to Plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back