DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody in their right mind, or with the slightest knowledge of history could say (at least with a straight face) that "most of the strength that the DVCA have is by poaching most clubs that were originally Jika Clubs".
I would be sorry if all contact between the 2 comps were cut off; but I must admit to feeling a bit pumped over the idea that this could all happen just because of something said by me on an unofficial website.
Who knows, if I really set my mind to it, I could probably bring about World Peace - or at least Peace in the Middle East.
As to the NMCA, all I said was that is impossible to predict its long-term viability - in other words, I simply stated the bleeding obvious.

what I'm saying is enough disrespect. As the DVCA clubs are finding out, their players are know open to be approached
by anyone all for the right reasons, playing at the best level possible. The super comp would of done that.

"Viabilty of the NMCA!" are you for real? We have a President,Board and Admistrator. I think we have a heap of money in the bank and ten new clubs coming over. I think the Super Comp never got off the ground because of the deamining attitude
towards our comp. I would say most of the strength that the DVCA have is by poaching most clubs that were originally
Jika Clubs?? At our next board meeting I will be pushing hard in cutting all ties with the DVCA in regards to your attitude!
No comp games ect, you have ruined the go forward for cricket in the region. As for the HDCA clubs that are coming god help
them keeping their top players, they will be targeted by Barclay clubs immediately.

Your greatest cricketer of all time could not set the world on fire when he played DVCA. Went back and became a big fish in the small NMCA/Jika pond! Hows this for facts.........DVCA has twice as many juniors participating than NMCA/HDCA combined. Any club that has come to the DVCA did not need any encouragement, they simply knock on our door. You blokes need to get those 2 substantial chips off your shoulders and stop blaming everyone else for your mediocrity!!

Your greatest cricketer of all time could not set the world on fire when he played DVCA. Went back and became a big fish in the small NMCA/Jika pond! Hows this for facts.........DVCA has twice as many juniors participating than NMCA/HDCA combined. Any club that has come to the DVCA did not need any encouragement, they simply knock on our door. You blokes need to get those 2 substantial chips off your shoulders and stop blaming everyone else for your mediocrity!!

Greater truth has not been spoken on Big Cricket.

I'm more than certain that the NMCA/JIKA will rise again. The growth of cricket in the area will hit all time highs within the next 5-10 years. It won't be through just juniors coming through but the growth rate of subcontinental cricketers through those areas are massive. Preston Northcote Thornbury. The introduction of Winter Cricket is only the beginning of the growth stage. New clubs will be formed. Sources also tell me that the number of cricketers from these countries still lining up to come to Melbourne is over excessive as along side cricket they will use the education opportunities to study.

I'm more than certain that the NMCA/JIKA will rise again. The growth of cricket in the area will hit all time highs within the next 5-10 years. It won't be through just juniors coming through but the growth rate of subcontinental cricketers through those areas are massive. Preston Northcote Thornbury. The introduction of Winter Cricket is only the beginning of the growth stage. New clubs will be formed. Sources also tell me that the number of cricketers from these countries still lining up to come to Melbourne is over excessive as along side cricket they will use the education opportunities to study.

It's obvious that the NMCA administrators and clubs don't share your confidence about its long-term viability.
Otherwise, why were they so keen on the Super Comp?

did this all time greatest crickter play for Victoria, or was it Bill Macfarlane?? that came and went back??
YOU BLOKES HAVE GOT YOUR HEAD SO FAR UP YOUR >>>>> IT'S NOT FUNNY. WHO'S THE BLOKE THAT USED
TO PLAY 3RD GRADE IN JIKA AND HAS TAKEN MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF WICKETS IN BARCLAY????

DVCA, HDCA (now gone) or NMCA
Everyone needs to get off their high horse & understand that all of those comps TOP teams would be competitive against each other. Stop taking offense to each other & think your comp is better than the other. Depth of good teams would be the only difference in standard but each comps bottom teams are weak & similiar to the other. Many a player has played in a couple of these comps & said the standard of the top teams are similiar. Worry about your own comp & don't think players are better in one than the other. After all we are all humans not supermen in one comp!

If the DVCA board was in NMCA's shoes they would have folded the day Rosebank and Camrea. yet there's a possibility 4 seasons on there both back in the comp. Got to give credit to the Execs down at NMCA.

aren't you an old olympic boy? your old club has played in both the associations you are attempting to bag, both those comps at their heights would be the equal of the DVCA's best, it ebbs and flows.
lets not forget its park cricket, the dvca is on top now but it hasnt always been that way.

maybe you need to look for the chips that were on your shoulders before you became a DVCA snob :)

At this stage, I was only talking about the location of DVCA MS clubs versus the new NMCA A Grade clubs.
I think in the longer term it is almost impossible to predict the viability of the NMCA and, in particular, some of the West/North Heidelberg clubs; not to mention Banyule''s possible progress to BS.

Fair enough, but whatever the grades are like when they start, it will soon change. Banyule's chances of going up in the near future might be limited but someone will come down from BS. Also, who knows what the gradings will be like in the lower grades. It isn't just about the clubs First XI. Regardless of the presence of Rosanna, Heidelberg, Greensy, Macleod, etc, there's likely to be some longer trips at some point.

Fair enough, but whatever the grades are like when they start, it will soon change. Banyule's chances of going up in the near future might be limited but someone will come down from BS. Also, who knows what the gradings will be like in the lower grades. It isn't just about the clubs First XI. Regardless of the presence of Rosanna, Heidelberg, Greensy, Macleod, etc, there's likely to be some longer trips at some point.

Yes, that's all true - things will change, to a greater or lesser extent over time; but, in the reasonably foreseeable future, there will be, over a whole season, less travel for their 1sts in the DVCA than in the new NMCA. And the original discussion was about their 1sts.
That would have been significant for me if I'd been a Banyule member trying to decide between DVCA MS and NMCA A Grade.

But, of course, I'm NOT a Banyule member, so I can't really say what drove a general meeting of their members to choose DVCA over ECA and NMCA - I could hazard a few guesses, but I don't want to start a new firestorm of wounded pride and irrelevancies.

aren't you an old olympic boy? your old club has played in both the associations you are attempting to bag, both those comps at their heights would be the equal of the DVCA's best, it ebbs and flows.
lets not forget its park cricket, the dvca is on top now but it hasnt always been that way.

maybe you need to look for the chips that were on your shoulders before you became a DVCA snob :)

Jeez, Brutal, that's what I call ancient (and I mean ancient) history sneaking up and biting you on the bum!
I mean, "chips that were on your shoulders"!!
And "a DVCA snob" to boot!!
Perhaps it's someone else that has chips on their shoulders, eh Brutal?

Yes, that's all true - things will change, to a greater or lesser extent over time; but, in the reasonably foreseeable future, there will be, over a whole season, less travel for their 1sts in the DVCA than in the new NMCA. And the original discussion was about their 1sts.
That would have been significant for me if I'd been a Banyule member trying to decide between DVCA MS and NMCA A Grade.

But, of course, I'm NOT a Banyule member, so I can't really say what drove a general meeting of their members to choose DVCA over ECA and NMCA - I could hazard a few guesses, but I don't want to start a new firestorm of wounded pride and irrelevancies.
You seem to put your nose in everyone's business. Whether that be Clubs or Associations. You must be revovling your life around this forum. The amount of posting i see coming from you. You could open up your on forum or blog site and talk about whatever you want on there. By the way have you dound out what Viewbank are doing yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back