Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, it would be stupid when the vast majority of people haven't seen them, however history has shown that teams coming up from A Turf have struggled to be successful in their first year. I guess the question is who do you think will finish below them?

Glen Iris through history out the window last year.

I think Canterbury & Richmond City could be down there, possibly St Kevins if they have lost Fernon?

You might be right.

GI didn't really throw history out the window, they just had a great year. History always repeats. I think that Boronia might struggle this year, but, like a few of the others, that opinion is based purely on history, as I don't know their players. I might be proved wrong, but I wouldn't take short odds. Boronia would be one of the favourites to be relegated, it's just the system we play under. I wish them well though.

You might be right.

GI didn't really throw history out the window, they just had a great year. History always repeats. I think that Boronia might struggle this year, but, like a few of the others, that opinion is based purely on history, as I don't know their players. I might be proved wrong, but I wouldn't take short odds. Boronia would be one of the favourites to be relegated, it's just the system we play under. I wish them well though.

Yeah true, but from what I have seen of Dunstan in the last few years, besides for maybe the top two or three teams it's certainly not as bigger jump from A as it used to be. While of course it is a stronger comp, you would think if a team can go undefeated in A they should be able to slot into the middle of Dunston somewhere, but it's very hard to judge, as I think someone wrote earlier, if i had to pick who out of St Kevins and Glen Iris would go better last season I would have said St Kevins in a heartbeat, but full credit to GI, sensational season from them but I think this one might prove to be harder.

I don't think Dunstan is as strong as it has been afterall East Doncaster pinched one and they're hardly a powerhouse. If you have a solid core and you can add a couple of impact players then that can tip the scales in your favour. I'm just hoping for some decent weather, turf cricket and rain doesn't mix!

I think that the quality of cricket iss till pretty good, but what you don't have is some of the big names that played, like Cam Carey and Jarrod Bradley any more. There are still some great players, like Aldons, Parsons (and Tim Hoare) plus we have had the added bonus of overseas players come across and play well (Adel won the Dunstan medal I think), so I think the standard is still good.

Just looking, Eddie Abel has played 1st Class cricket and done well, but I must say that I thought his bowling was better than his batting and it looks as though he's a batsman at home.

Just looking, Eddie Abel has played 1st Class cricket and done well, but I must say that I thought his bowling was better than his batting and it looks as though he's a batsman at home.

yeah i know eddie and all his mates who he plays with back at south wilts (we've had 4 of them come over and play with us in the last 3 years and one of our boys in there this winter playing with them) last season when he was out here was the first time he really bowled consistently, Gun cricketer and top bloke wish we could get him at our club!

I think that the quality of cricket iss till pretty good, but what you don't have is some of the big names that played, like Cam Carey and Jarrod Bradley any more. There are still some great players, like Aldons, Parsons (and Tim Hoare) plus we have had the added bonus of overseas players come across and play well (Adel won the Dunstan medal I think), so I think the standard is still good.

Let's let Hoare show he is a great player before calling him a star in the pre-season.

Agree the standard is still good, and I think it is great to see the young players having more of an input across all teams. Rather than some years ago when it was all about washed up district players and older blokes.

Are all the skippers going around again next year?

Any new appointments?

Let's let Hoare show he is a great player before calling him a star in the pre-season.

Agree the standard is still good, and I think it is great to see the young players having more of an input across all teams. Rather than some years ago when it was all about washed up district players and older blokes.

Are all the skippers going around again next year?

Any new appointments?

You have no idea pal. Hoare will take the piss, You look at his district record and they talk volumes. Will win dunstan medal

Let's just be grateful that he's coming to play. Who cares if he win's the medal. It's not an individual game, I'm sure he won't care if he wins it.

I am sure he wont care either and will be looking for team success as a priority. I think its great that an ECA club can attract such a talent, especially heading to a team who didn't play finals last year.

I am interested to see how he copes with the overly large egos down at the bears, could be quite a personality clash.

I am interested to see how he copes with the overly large egos down at the bears, could be quite a personality clash.

Egos at the Bears? Not an issue. There is only one ego at Deepy and that is mine. As long as everyone remembers who I am, then it's a straight sailing ship...;)

Thoughts on creating a new thread for the upcoming season, rather then ticking along with some of the rubbish from the terrible year that was 2010/11. I'm not too sure how to do it, but if someone does, it may be worthwhile...

Egos at the Bears? Not an issue. There is only one ego at Deepy and that is mine. As long as everyone remembers who I am, then it's a straight sailing ship...;)

Thoughts on creating a new thread for the upcoming season, rather then ticking along with some of the rubbish from the terrible year that was 2010/11. I'm not too sure how to do it, but if someone does, it may be worthwhile...

Kebabs is PeterPumpkinEater reincarnated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back