Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like this forum has already been saturated with big talk from Deepdene.

I hope for their sake they can back up the rubbish talk and concentrate on winning games of cricket.

Looks like this forum has already been saturated with big talk from Deepdene.

I hope for their sake they can back up the rubbish talk and concentrate on winning games of cricket.
Would you care to provide some evidence of the 'saturation with big talk' and 'rubbish' of which you speak? Because if you can't I'll just have to assume that you're a complete knob.

It's just physics, if a bowler is 6 foot 7 then the ball will bounce more off a good length.I would have thought that wouldn't be to difficult to understand, for most of us.

Just Hoare from Northcote... steady bowler, but no Sean Carey!

Hoare is a very good cricketer. Batters in district cricket have not enjoyed facing his bowling for years. 89 matches 156 wickets @ 23.39 with best figures of 8-62 vs Dandenong. Going to cause a lot of headaches for opposition teams.

He'll do well in the ECA. He's a good bowler. He's a better performed bowler than Spud and he's done very well for Bulleen, so I think he'll do well in the ECA. Well done to Deepdene for managing to bring quality players into the comp.

Sean Carey was a good bowler but I don't think he scared anyone did he? Certainly not from our team. Any other big recruits?
He wasn't scary, but he was an awesome bowler. I think he took 60 wickets or something. We won't see that again I don't think, but like Deepene, isn't it great when good players come and play? Adds heaps to the comp.

Yeah your spot on, he was a quality bowler. I was much younger back then and remember being pretty excited about playing against a bloke who bowled for a state team. Pity that Streak is only playing in the LOC comp, would be good to see how he goes up close.

Any news on Bulleen's veteran group? Fantastic effort from them to reach the Dunstan granny when you consider most of their team started playing cricket when the petrified forrest was just a bunch of saplings.

Only waitching Boronia will do will be from the bottom 2 all year. Very young group with no bowlers capable at Dunstan level

I watched the A Grade grand final and I thought the bowling was very much at dunston level, perhaps no out and out guns but also no weak link. A quick look at the A Grade results from last year seem to support that too, bowled a lot of teams out and took no real stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back