Eca 2011/2012

With all due respect, I'm not sure that I would be making the decision to merge with another comp on the basis of one round of T20 results.
Not suggesting decision is made on the 20/20 results. I was saying I think the Seior synthetic grade has dropped in standard which might rise if the proposed merger goes through.

Dissapointing results for Marcellin and East Donny getting knocked off by A-Turf sides by pretty easy margins. Mazenod beaten by Deepdene Uniting, although DU have had some very good results in this comp before. Mont Alberts batting woes continue... Not that a 20/20 means anything, but I'm sure they would have liked to do a bit better to carry some form into Saturday.

Any news from the Hawthorn/Ashy game... No scores posted on mycricket yet. Should have been an interesting game.

Maybe the standard of A Turf has improved. Hawthorn 122 def Ashburton 111

Maybe the standard of A Turf has improved. Hawthorn 122 def Ashburton 111
A Turf should always be good, and especially the top teams should be competing/if not beating the bottom teams in dunstan, which looks like what happened.

looks like ashy bats didnt fire, bowling hawthorn out for 122 on that ground, they would have thought they had the game won!

deepdene did it easy looks like.

Camb magpies must have a decent team in to beat STC on their home ground, bet the camb magpies boys didnt know what hit them turning up at fritzs holzer, horrible horrible ground

porter = good player, although richmond union are HORRIBLE

A Turf should always be good, and especially the top teams should be competing/if not beating the bottom teams in dunstan, which looks like what happened.

looks like ashy bats didnt fire, bowling hawthorn out for 122 on that ground, they would have thought they had the game won!

deepdene did it easy looks like.

Camb magpies must have a decent team in to beat STC on their home ground, bet the camb magpies boys didnt know what hit them turning up at fritzs holzer, horrible horrible ground

porter = good player, although richmond union are HORRIBLE

I agree with you golf club, playing against the promoted clubs from A turf over the years they are good sides. There are a few people in this forum who glorify dunstan a bit and pay out on A turf clubs. It is good to see Heathmont and Burwood easily account dunstan teams. Good for the comp for this to happen. I hope we dont get beat by teams in the lower grades but amusing for the people who pay out on A turf get beat by these sides if they come up against them in the 20/20 comp!

I agree with you golf club, playing against the promoted clubs from A turf over the years they are good sides. There are a few people in this forum who glorify dunstan a bit and pay out on A turf clubs. It is good to see Heathmont and Burwood easily account dunstan teams. Good for the comp for this to happen. I hope we dont get beat by teams in the lower grades but amusing for the people who pay out on A turf get beat by these sides if they come up against them in the 20/20 comp!
People must forget that A turf is all 1st XI sides (with exception of Glen Iris).

1st XI sides more often that not, always have a paid captain/coach or both, as well as a pro, so just because they are not in dunstan, does not mean they are no good.

Look at Surrey Hills last year, dominated home & away, but fell away in the semi.

Burwood & NB are good sides and even though NB went down last year, I have no doubt that Burwood with their current list would beat half the teams in Dunstan, Heathmont also

People must forget that A turf is all 1st XI sides (with exception of Glen Iris).

1st XI sides more often that not, always have a paid captain/coach or both, as well as a pro, so just because they are not in dunstan, does not mean they are no good.

Look at Surrey Hills last year, dominated home & away, but fell away in the semi.

Burwood & NB are good sides and even though NB went down last year, I have no doubt that Burwood with their current list would beat half the teams in Dunstan, Heathmont also
I have always been a fan of 2 up 2 down between Dunstan and A.
But it is a big issue for clubs who are relegated. I have always believed that the second side coming up should have to play off with the second side coming down. This will ensure the runner up from A turf is good enough if it beats second botton Dunstan side. This game could be played as a full day game if necessary. Just a thought

I agree but in the past there have been a few singgers from guys who think A turf is rubbish. Thats all

I agree but in the past there have been a few singgers from guys who think A turf is rubbish. Thats all

The reason sides are playing A Turf id because they are not good enough to play Dunstan. Yes they are playing in a lower grade and yes they are not good enough to play Dunstan. When they are in Dunstan than they can Chirp all they like! Sick and tired of this arguement, if your club is in A turf they are simply not as superior as those clubs in Dunstan.

The reason sides are playing A Turf id because they are not good enough to play Dunstan. Yes they are playing in a lower grade and yes they are not good enough to play Dunstan. When they are in Dunstan than they can Chirp all they like! Sick and tired of this arguement, if your club is in A turf they are simply not as superior as those clubs in Dunstan.

Can't say I agree at all. A team might have to be strong to get to Dunstan, but once your up you only need to finish 3rd last or above to stay up, but to get up to Dunstan you need to make a GF. From what I have seen there isn't much difference between the top 4 teams of A and the bottom 6 teams of Dunstan, so while overall Dunstan might be stronger, the fact you play there doesn't mean your club is "superior" to anyone.

Can't say I agree at all. A team might have to be strong to get to Dunstan, but once your up you only need to finish 3rd last or above to stay up, but to get up to Dunstan you need to make a GF. From what I have seen there isn't much difference between the top 4 teams of A and the bottom 6 teams of Dunstan, so while overall Dunstan might be stronger, the fact you play there doesn't mean your club is "superior" to anyone.
Your kidding yourself Chopper, those teams in Dunstan have earned the right to call themselves superior to A turf teams because they have played in a stronger grade and managed to win enough points to stay up even though finishing 3rd last, if the A Turf teams were so SUPERIOR they wouldn't be there in the first place and be as it may they might come up the next year and stay up however history has shown that teams coming up always seem to struggle a little as ITS A STRONGER GRADE. If your not good enough you go down, if your strong you survive. Its the circle of life or accuna mattata biatches

Your kidding yourself Chopper, those teams in Dunstan have earned the right to call themselves superior to A turf teams because they have played in a stronger grade and managed to win enough points to stay up even though finishing 3rd last, if the A Turf teams were so SUPERIOR they wouldn't be there in the first place and be as it may they might come up the next year and stay up however history has shown that teams coming up always seem to struggle a little as ITS A STRONGER GRADE. If your not good enough you go down, if your strong you survive. Its the circle of life or accuna mattata biatches

Your absolutely correct, Dustan is a stronger grade for sure, never disputed that. But perhaps you can explain how two of your "superior" Dunstan teams got knocked over by "inferior" A Turf teams on Tuesday night, and how an "inferior" a turf team came up to Dunstan and made the semi final last year? You only earn the right to claim your superior through results, not by being in a certain grade muppet. A suprior grade doesn't make ALL the team in it superior.

Your absolutely correct, Dustan is a stronger grade for sure, never disputed that. But perhaps you can explain how two of your "superior" Dunstan teams got knocked over by "inferior" A Turf teams on Tuesday night, and how an "inferior" a turf team came up to Dunstan and made the semi final last year? You only earn the right to claim your superior through results, not by being in a certain grade muppet. A suprior grade doesn't make ALL the team in it superior.
20/20 is hit and giggle so if you think that justifies A Turf teams being on the same level you are a bigger fool then i thought. If the blokes that came up are good enough to make the semi's then thats good work by them, history shows us its though to do so they have done an excellent job playing against a superior opposition each week then when they made the finals in A-Turf the year before. The standard of competition in Dunstan is tougher then A Turf hence its a superior competition making those teams in it superior to A-Turf teams. Its fact Chops old boy so move on

20/20 is hit and giggle so if you think that justifies A Turf teams being on the same level you are a bigger fool then i thought. If the blokes that came up are good enough to make the semi's then thats good work by them, history shows us its though to do so they have done an excellent job playing against a superior opposition each week then when they made the finals in A-Turf the year before. The standard of competition in Dunstan is tougher then A Turf hence its a superior competition making those teams in it superior to A-Turf teams. Its fact Chops old boy so move on
Not going to win this No Gravy. You must be part of a struggling Dunstan side in contention of slipping down to the "inferior" grade? Don't worry, if you guys are that superior you should have no dramas going back up to Dunstan!

Back