Lewis J 9
Reg 9
Stumpy 8
Igniter 8
Council 8
Gravy 7
Bombers 6
Woodstock 6

Not going to win this No Gravy. You must be part of a struggling Dunstan side in contention of slipping down to the "inferior" grade? Don't worry, if you guys are that superior you should have no dramas going back up to Dunstan!
If we go down to A Turf so be it, it means we weren't good enough and deserve to drop down, there would then be 10 or however many teams there are in Dunstan superior to ours and i can cop that, stop whinging that your team is better then dunstans though cause its getting pathetic

Deepdene must have thought it was a semi final. Lost to ED who were not at full strength
Would not read to much into this result. Spoke to a Deepdene player yesterday, apparently the game was influenced somewhat by the toss. Covers taken off at 8am, sprinklers came on for 5 or so minutes over the pitch area later in the morning due to a curator programming error...Deepdene lost the toss and were sent in a on damp wicket

If we go down to A Turf so be it, it means we weren't good enough and deserve to drop down, there would then be 10 or however many teams there are in Dunstan superior to ours and i can cop that, stop whinging that your team is better then dunstans though cause its getting pathetic
Unfortunately for you, I play for a Dunstan side that is currently over-achieving at this stage of the season... but having been a participant in the A Turf system previously, apart from a couple of teams, I would think most would go alright back in Dunstan!

Any good performances on the weekend? The Hawthorn game looked like a good one, MA seemed to get their season back on track (what about Ashy?), but overall it seemed like a round that kept everyone together. Are GI, against my better judgement, now flag favourites, or are they just suited to 1 dayers like last year? Bulleen should be worried, but they are suited better to 2 dayers. All rounds will be big from here on in and I think there might be some heartbreak at the end of the season.

Any good performances on the weekend? The Hawthorn game looked like a good one, MA seemed to get their season back on track (what about Ashy?), but overall it seemed like a round that kept everyone together. Are GI, against my better judgement, now flag favourites, or are they just suited to 1 dayers like last year? Bulleen should be worried, but they are suited better to 2 dayers. All rounds will be big from here on in and I think there might be some heartbreak at the end of the season.
What an uneducated, ill informed prediction for GI to be flag favourites, Bulleen are in strife so they have hardly beaten a good team.

I still consider Deepdene, Hawthorn, Skens & Mont Albert all a chance as well as Glen Iris, but certainly not favourites.

Ashburton look gone, as do Bulleen, wont get relegated, will just stay up, but can't make finals from here I wouldnt have thought.

What an uneducated, ill informed prediction for GI to be flag favourites, Bulleen are in strife so they have hardly beaten a good team.

I still consider Deepdene, Hawthorn, Skens & Mont Albert all a chance as well as Glen Iris, but certainly not favourites.

Ashburton look gone, as do Bulleen, wont get relegated, will just stay up, but can't make finals from here I wouldnt have thought.
I don't like GI and hope against all hope they get destroyed every game from here on in. BUT, they keep winning. I still think Deepdene are a big chance with their bowling (batting suspect) and you're right, Skevs and Hawthorn aren't doing anything wrong.

All good, yep, changed you guys on Fri, only because of the 1 dayer. How did you guys end of 6/170? Did they bowl well or did you guys not go hard enough? I think you'd rather be all out 180 rather than 7/170?

Consensus seems that the race for flag favoritism is wide open.
I know Hawthorn reply on RT a lot but they seem a very even performing team at the moment with others yapping at their heels.
Skevs are still high on my list but you are never sure if the dogs on or not.
If Bulleen are on the up there is going to be a race to not be left as the bottom 2.
If we keep loosing days things will tighten further if we play more one dayers.

Slaps and Sleges. Okay who are our under/over performing clubs.
Big sledge to MA. Before this past round they had not won a match in the 1s, 2s or 3s. A massive shock for a proud club. Slap to ED. I hear they are playing without 3 of their mainstays from the past season or 2 (Thompson. annan and duquesne). Had you told me that before the start of the season I would have given long odds about them having a single win.

Slaps and Sleges. Okay who are our under/over performing clubs.
Big sledge to MA. Before this past round they had not won a match in the 1s, 2s or 3s. A massive shock for a proud club. Slap to ED. I hear they are playing without 3 of their mainstays from the past season or 2 (Thompson. annan and duquesne). Had you told me that before the start of the season I would have given long odds about them having a single win.

Good topic.

Sledges:
Bullen - both 1's & 2's without a win so far this season. They have some good players, but if they don't watch themselves they will turn into a A-turf/C-turf club very quickly!
Ashy - Reigning premiers seems to be struggling a touch. Have the ablity to turn things around but with their 2's in C-turf I don't think there is much depth to prop up their stars.
Mont Albert - Bounced back out of the relegation zone this week, but still have plenty of work to do to avoid a whole club relegation. They must be very disappointed down there with how the season is going.

Slaps:
East Donny - 1's, 2's & 3's all sitting in the top 2 after 5 rounds. We'll see if they can hold up this club wide good form. Pressure for spots from the lower grades seem so to be positive for them.
Boronia - Bit of an unknown quantity at the start of the year, with probably not too many people giving them a chance. They might not win it, but they are leaving a few sides with egg on their face. Not to be underestimated.
Skevs - Not too many would have had them sitting atop the ladder half way through the year. Their 2's and 3's in the mix as well. Going by the stats, Fernon hasn't really been propping them up too much so if he starts firing watch out!
North Balwyn - Maybe not many will care, but their 1's and 2's are both undefeated at the moment.

Just checking the ladders and Bulleen, RC and Ashy have some work to do. I think Bulleen and Ashy still have enough class to get out of danger. But there are now some question marks on RC, espically losing to Marcellin. Sorry Terry. Deepdene still have a very good side and I also heard that the sprinklers were on in the morning and was a match where the toss was vital. Not surprised that St Kevins won (since i tipped them) I have said all year they will be very good and XXXX best mate made 0. No one should be writing off MA yet good win for them. Hawthorn are surprising and they chased down 215 with toungey only making 10.

But I saw the A turf ladder and not really many surprises that Burwood and North Balwyn are equal top and they have each other this week. Should be an interesting game to finish the christmas break.

Also rain is forecast for friday and saturday. Rain card anyone!

Back