Eca 2011/2012

The weather's shit, so let's just hope they get it wrong and it's hot and dry!

I think what we can say is that the comp is wide open this year and it could be another ED Haw GF - what a weird season that was. Just remember that Ashy, Bull and MA are all 2 day teams and the longer it stays wet, the worse for them. Every wicket, run and point is going to be vital so it will be interesting over the season to see who goes for 10 points and who is going to risk losing to get 10. My tips for this week are:

Deepdene v Ashy - cracking game
Boronia v St Kevs - big test for both sides to see who can stay in touch
Mulgrave v GI - just can't bring myself to tip GI in 50/50 games
MA v Marc - MA at home and look like they're back on track
Bulleen v ED - they have to win sooner or later
RC v Hawthorn - Bit of a test for Haw on the tricky KB surface?

Again we share tips paintball. I was acutally very close to changing my tip in the RC v marcellin game aswell! We might be the same person.

Deepdene v Ashy - Game to go to the wire but Deepdene still have the form
Boronia v St Kevs - Boronia will find it hard to beat an inform Skevies mob with Fernon not firing. Back him to be amongst it
Mulgrave v GI - Mulgrave too good here but GI will give it a good crack
MA v Marcellin - Mont Albert to make it 2 in a row and young Moore to make some runs. I rate this kid as the best young player in the comp and could be anything. Also Wrighty to feature aswell
Bulleen v ED - Bulleen to be on the winners list against an over performing ED
RC v Hawthorn - Hawthorn too strong against a struggling RC and will be making an appearance in A turf next year if they play the way they have been

Again we share tips paintball. I was acutally very close to changing my tip in the RC v marcellin game aswell! We might be the same person.

Deepdene v Ashy - Game to go to the wire but Deepdene still have the form
Boronia v St Kevs - Boronia will find it hard to beat an inform Skevies mob with Fernon not firing. Back him to be amongst it
Mulgrave v GI - Mulgrave too good here but GI will give it a good crack
MA v Marcellin - Mont Albert to make it 2 in a row and young Moore to make some runs. I rate this kid as the best young player in the comp and could be anything. Also Wrighty to feature aswell
Bulleen v ED - Bulleen to be on the winners list against an over performing ED
RC v Hawthorn - Hawthorn too strong against a struggling RC and will be making an appearance in A turf next year if they play the way they have been
Haha. We might be the same person! Are you short and unfit too?

Just checking the ladders and Bulleen, RC and Ashy have some work to do. I think Bulleen and Ashy still have enough class to get out of danger. But there are now some question marks on RC, espically losing to Marcellin. Sorry Terry. Deepdene still have a very good side and I also heard that the sprinklers were on in the morning and was a match where the toss was vital. Not surprised that St Kevins won (since i tipped them) I have said all year they will be very good and XXXX best mate made 0. No one should be writing off MA yet good win for them. Hawthorn are surprising and they chased down 215 with toungey only making 10.

But I saw the A turf ladder and not really many surprises that Burwood and North Balwyn are equal top and they have each other this week. Should be an interesting game to finish the christmas break.

Also rain is forecast for friday and saturday. Rain card anyone!
We have been ordinary after the first game. That win is diminished a bit too as Bulleen have also been ordinary. We can't hide from that but it is an even season and I believe anybody can beat anybody on their day so we have to keep battling away and try to turn things around.

We have been ordinary after the first game. That win is diminished a bit too as Bulleen have also been ordinary. We can't hide from that but it is an even season and I believe anybody can beat anybody on their day so we have to keep battling away and try to turn things around.

Well lucky that there is 6 games left so there is a little time to get back into form but you can't make it too late. Also very tight down the bottom and only takes 1 game to get out of the bottom 2. Hope you guys go alright. I enjoy playing against you lads.

On another note I wonder where that bouncer bloke went off to after gobbing off at marcellin at not trying to chase their target. Funny thing now is that Marcellin are higher on the ladder than Bulleen now!

Well lucky that there is 6 games left so there is a little time to get back into form but you can't make it too late. Also very tight down the bottom and only takes 1 game to get out of the bottom 2. Hope you guys go alright. I enjoy playing against you lads.

On another note I wonder where that bouncer bloke went off to after gobbing off at marcellin at not trying to chase their target. Funny thing now is that Marcellin are higher on the ladder than Bulleen now!
Thanks Bob. We will be trying our best to knock Hawthorn off this week and get our season back on track. Yes Bouncer very quiet as you would expect. I remember somebody picking Bulleen for relegation before start of season and he was derided. he seems like a genius now. But season is still relatively young. Bulleen could come good. I agree with the guy who said Bulleen and Mont Albert are 2 day sides. They will get better as weather gets better. Makes it even harder for us but we will be giving it our all.

Would have thought all you GI boys would have learned your lesson about the forum last year. Perhaps not.

Me not GI, keep guessing. If you are as good at reading as you are as riding your bicycle backwards you could narrow it down a bit. From my reading of the forum I don't think any GI guys on site, maybe with exception of Damian.

Me not GI, keep guessing. If you are as good at reading as you are as riding your bicycle backwards you could narrow it down a bit. From my reading of the forum I don't think any GI guys on site, maybe with exception of Damian.
When asking to rate Captains it was not as a forum to bag people but as a tactician, leader, player etc.
I rate spud, Tim W and Cutter highly. Not into bagging people or umpires but constructive criticism is ok.
Oh except Bob Tomko who is fair game

When asking to rate Captains it was not as a forum to bag people but as a tactician, leader, player etc.
I rate spud, Tim W and Cutter highly. Not into bagging people or umpires but constructive criticism is ok.
Oh except Bob Tomko who is fair game
Agree with spud and wrighty, but not so much with cutter, just a personal opinion so don't read too much into it.

I would also include Swifty in there too.

Agree with spud and wrighty, but not so much with cutter, just a personal opinion so don't read too much into it.

I would also include Swifty in there too.
Left Swifty out as he is technically not the Captain. I left Robert T out only because when the chips are down he looks to himself to do the job rather than spreading the load.

Back