Eca 2012/13

Moneybank you are correct as the 3 brothers all played I think for Carlton CC except when they were at Melb Uni which then forced them to play for the Uni as per the pennant rules. If this is not correct they all definitely played Premier 1s at either Carlton or Uni

That's another big get for them. Maybe another Abel? The more good players we get in the comp, the better for everyone.
I can only assume he is a bowler with those stats? He may turn out to be a batsman as that's what usually happens at GICC! Young kid, and will no doubt be good for him to bowl some serious overs this season, predicting a big workload for the young lad!

Moneybank you are correct as the 3 brothers all played I think for Carlton CC except when they were at Melb Uni which then forced them to play for the Uni as per the pennant rules. If this is not correct they all definitely played Premier 1s at either Carlton or Uni
None of the three brothers ever played at Carlton. They all played together at Melbourne Uni, although the older brothers Brett and Leigh both played at other clubs (Fitzroy Doncaster, from memory).

Marc definitely didn't play in a proper 2 day GF, may have been involved in a OD final series though.

None of the three brothers ever played at Carlton. They all played together at Melbourne Uni, although the older brothers Brett and Leigh both played at other clubs (Fitzroy Doncaster, from memory).

Marc definitely didn't play in a proper 2 day GF, may have been involved in a OD final series though.

The official Cricket Victoria stats don't have any of them playing 1st XIs anywhere except University.

Are there any star Internationals coming over this year? Adam Dale is big for the comp, but what about Singh from Mully, or Lillee from MA - are they back? Any ins at Surrey?
Adam Dale spoke to the President of his old club (Research) on Friday. Indicated that he is not playing at Doncaster East. Has a role at Northcote on Tuesday nights and a role as Coaching Director at Doncaster East. Stated that he would like to play some games at Research after Christmas.

The official Cricket Victoria stats don't have any of them playing 1st XIs anywhere except University.
Correct, they obviously lived in the Doncaster area having been East Donny juniors, and by the time that Marc came through both Leigh and Brett were already playing at Melbourne University, at which stage you didn't need to go to the University to play for the club.

Meh, enough over a rumour about whether or not Marc would play a game.

Correct, they obviously lived in the Doncaster area having been East Donny juniors, and by the time that Marc came through both Leigh and Brett were already playing at Melbourne University, at which stage you didn't need to go to the University to play for the club.

He can play in my footy team.

Agree, too much time spent on whether or not MM played a game or not. Fair to say he played quite well on the weekend.

So the Dale rumour is untrue? I'll pick them to go down this year if he doesn't play. If he can play a few games and get them a few wins, maybe they do alright, but going on their form last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they do end up going down.

Do NBCC still have Tom Evans playing?

Where is O'Shea playing this year? Another bully in A-Turf?

Agree, too much time spent on whether or not MM played a game or not. Fair to say he played quite well on the weekend.

So the Dale rumour is untrue? I'll pick them to go down this year if he doesn't play. If he can play a few games and get them a few wins, maybe they do alright, but going on their form last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they do end up going down.

Do NBCC still have Tom Evans playing?

Where is O'Shea playing this year? Another bully in A-Turf?
Tom Evans is not playing.
OShea is trying his luck at a different Premier Club.
The Murphy's did grow up in the East Donny region. Went to Whitefriars, played junior footy for Beverly Hills. And so on...
Dale is helping out with East Donny, never was going to play.

The Murphy's did grow up in the East Donny region. Went to Whitefriars, played junior footy for Beverly Hills. And so on...
That's not good. I was looking forward to watching him bowl.

Great responses, all relevant and concise.
Is Tom Evans not playing due to CA commitments?
Which premier club has put their neck out this time?
Also disappointed at Dale not playing, would have love to see him bowl.

Great responses, all relevant and concise.
Is Tom Evans not playing due to CA commitments?
Which premier club has put their neck out this time?
Also disappointed at Dale not playing, would have love to see him bowl.
Indeed it is his CA role...
A battling club has taken on his services...

Hawthorn Monash-Uni

Along with Lasith Malinga.
Is that were Malinga is playing when not playing for the Stars, interesting.

Disappointed I didn't pick the "struggling" team to be HMU considering they barely won a game last year!

Looks like O'Shea is genuinely trying to be part of something big in the future by having a crack at HMU and starting at the bottom. I hope for his sake that his attitude has changed and he really wants to work hard in a struggling team to try and get them back up the ladder. Good luck to him, hell of a player.

Is that were Malinga is playing when not playing for the Stars, interesting.

Disappointed I didn't pick the "struggling" team to be HMU considering they barely won a game last year!

Looks like O'Shea is genuinely trying to be part of something big in the future by having a crack at HMU and starting at the bottom. I hope for his sake that his attitude has changed and he really wants to work hard in a struggling team to try and get them back up the ladder. Good luck to him, hell of a player.
Northcote, Burwood, HMU - loves the strong clubs!

Back