Eca 2012/13

Anyone willing to make any bold predictions of final 4 and relegation?

I can't help but think that Marcellin are going to struggle unless they get some one-day games. I also think that both NB and SH will do enough to stay up.

I know it's VERY early on, but I'll have a crack.

Top 4 (in any order):
Ashy
GI
Deepdene
Skevs

I know this was the top 4 from last year, but I just don't think these sides are losing much from last year and more importantly, I don't see the other teams gaining much ground.

Relegated:
Surrey Hills
Marcellin

I think Marc was lucky to avoid the cut last year. Not sure if that same luck will continue. I think SH might struggle up here. I just don't think they have the depth to see out 2-day games at this level.

I have a feeling I'm going to regret this post!

I know it's VERY early on, but I'll have a crack.

Top 4 (in any order):
Ashy
GI
Deepdene
Skevs

I know this was the top 4 from last year, but I just don't think these sides are losing much from last year and more importantly, I don't see the other teams gaining much ground.

Relegated:
Surrey Hills
Marcellin

I think Marc was lucky to avoid the cut last year. Not sure if that same luck will continue. I think SH might struggle up here. I just don't think they have the depth to see out 2-day games at this level.

I have a feeling I'm going to regret this post!
I am sceptical on GI, SKOB & AW from what I have been hearing throughout Winter, but 1 of these 3 will certainly make the top 4
Haw should be top 4
DB definitely
MA back up there
GI, SKOB and AW to fight out for last spot

Marc and Mulgrave to go down

I am sceptical on GI, SKOB & AW from what I have been hearing throughout Winter, but 1 of these 3 will certainly make the top 4
Haw should be top 4
DB definitely
MA back up there

What have you been "hearing throughout Winter?"

Haw should be top 4
DB definitely
MA back up there

Top 4:
GI
DB
Sk
Hawthorn

Relegation:
Marcellin
SH

A Turf Promotion:
Bulleen
Burwood (or they may sack another coach)

What have you been "hearing throughout Winter?"
GI internal issues that have been brewing for a few years finally came to the surface
SKOB still gutted after last years loss in the GF, some players fallen out of love with the game
AW their only 2 players are getting quite old, young kids need to step up to keep competing

GI internal issues that have been brewing for a few years finally came to the surface
SKOB still gutted after last years loss in the GF, some players fallen out of love with the game
AW their only 2 players are getting quite old, young kids need to step up to keep competing
GI have picked up 3 quality players apparently, including a VERY handy Pom. Willows will battle, but Mulgrave shouldn't go down because there are a few weak teams running around this season...

Not too sure where you are getting this info from, but from what I hear GI and SKOB are doing fine.

I wouldn't really think SKOB would be "gutted" from a GF loss to the point where the club would collapse. I think that's a bit of an overstatment. They came from nowhere to contest for the flag when not many rated them a chance and should actually be taking a lot of positives from the experience. I'm not aware of any major players leaving the club. I actually think their whole GF side from last year have been regulars at pre-season training.

GI have a great young list at the club and should have plenty of players on the improve. The likes of McDermott, Jamieson, Rajkumar and Gatehouse should be taking the club forward and will add a lot of spark. Not sure what "internal issues" they are having, but it shouldn't affect too much how players perform on the pitch. Would you like to expand on this?

Totally disagree with Hawthorn. Yes, they could make the top 4 quite easily, but they still rely much too heavily on Robby Tongue. I don't see them really challenging unless they can have some other players regularly performing to support his efforts with bat and ball.

Not too sure where you are getting this info from, but from what I hear GI and SKOB are doing fine.

I wouldn't really think SKOB would be "gutted" from a GF loss to the point where the club would collapse. I think that's a bit of an overstatment. They came from nowhere to contest for the flag when not many rated them a chance and should actually be taking a lot of positives from the experience. I'm not aware of any major players leaving the club. I actually think their whole GF side from last year have been regulars at pre-season training.

GI have a great young list at the club and should have plenty of players on the improve. The likes of McDermott, Jamieson, Rajkumar and Gatehouse should be taking the club forward and will add a lot of spark. Not sure what "internal issues" they are having, but it shouldn't affect too much how players perform on the pitch. Would you like to expand on this?

Totally disagree with Hawthorn. Yes, they could make the top 4 quite easily, but they still rely much too heavily on Robby Tongue. I don't see them really challenging unless they can have some other players regularly performing to support his efforts with bat and ball.
Both Gatehouse boys apparently have left and gone to play at Parkdale.

Last year was a strange year with weird results and I think that might happen again with no really strong sides. Even years are good years though, because every team has a realistic chance of making finals. Like every year a strong start is important so we'll have a pretty good idea of who is going to be involved in finals by December. History says that sides coming up are most likely to go down but SH are a proud club so I think it's great they're up and I hope they stay up. I think Deep will be strong again and the rest will be pretty even. If GI have picked up a few players, they should be strong again.

Finally back to a desk job.. So here's my prediction.

Top 4
Deepdeene
GI
STK
Hawth

Relegation: Marc & SH

Has big dino left the bears to play with mates elsewhere? Heard a whisper on this.

Madmax, must say i have heard similar things on GI. Recently saw one of the Gatehouses on the frothies and he confirmed he has left and may not be the only one from GI turf teams to leave?? Also heard a few from the 1s of last year (bowlers) are not playing either.

Does anyone know if the pom from MA is back for another season?

Welcome 2012/13..
I have heard whispers around a few clubs also.... one that MA have 2 new poms and not the same one from last year, Lilly. Heard there were a few departures from Deepdene and also Mulgrave.. did'nt hear about GI though, only that they had a pommy spinner... not sure of the same as last time, think not.
Deepdene wil be strong again though from all reports they have bought another district player - makes you wonder how many players can be paid hey!

Welcome 2012/13..
I have heard whispers around a few clubs also.... one that MA have 2 new poms and not the same one from last year, Lilly. Heard there were a few departures from Deepdene and also Mulgrave.. did'nt hear about GI though, only that they had a pommy spinner... not sure of the same as last time, think not.
Deepdene wil be strong again though from all reports they have bought another district player - makes you wonder how many players can be paid hey!
Pay as many as you want, as long as you don't get caught! No doubt their Kookaburra Sponsor helps out regarding gear etc...

Pay as many as you want, as long as you don't get caught! No doubt their Kookaburra Sponsor helps out regarding gear etc...
Precisely.

Let's just wait and see who kits up round 1, how are the state of grounds looking that people have been past? Is there any chance to get on Saturday week?

Back