Eca 2012/13

Just when you think it's all done and dusted........

MULLY GO FOR 10 POINTS. What the hell??????

Is the fox officially in the hen house? Are Ashy and Haw playing for bragging rights only? Skevs, after a dominant performance against MA, have now let ED score 240 against them and it will make it a tough run chase with rain predicted during the week.

A few dropped off MA and they've torn NB a new one from the looks of it and GI have put in a good performance against Boronia with Dunstan Medallist Jack Taylor missing out again (getting ahead of himself??). If he has a disappointing Finals, they are just a chance, he is the key.

Going on the results, the top 6 will end up as:
GI 58
MA 54
Mully 46
Ashy 42
Skevs 40
Haw 36

I'm assuming that ED can hold out Skevs on a wet one and that Ashy can chase down 210 and that Mully can get the job done against Deep which looks a given. I thought Deep were on the up too.

A week is an eternity in the ECA

The black magic of Round 11 Strikes again !!!!

Good to see that Deepdene had their end of season trip fund " topped up " with a healthy donation from the MCC . didnt want to waste all the cash on Shaw for just 4 games.

Unfortunately looks like weather may play a part for the second week , which will add to the controversy & specualtion.

At this stage results should go :

GI to roll Boronia comfortably
Marcellin now easily over surrey
SKEVS will have covers down as of now - i think they will get the runs
Hawks will have the sprinklers on now - this will be very close Maybe hawks just on a green one .
Mont A to get the remaining runs .
Mulgrave also to have ' localised showers ' - i think they will get the outright . if 16 wickets fell last week surely at least 8 will fall next sat .

Ladder
GI
MA
Mulgrave
SKEVS

Hawks & Ashy - playing for fun now

Well, haven't I got egg on my face - great work Mully on going quite a way to securing themselves a finals spot. Hopefully the bad weather is mid week, and by the weekend we have some good batting strips and StK can get chasing. Well done to ED though, at 7 or 8 for 150, most would've expected them to crumble and be all out for less than 175; if it eventuates, Dale on a sticky deck under cloudy skies wouldn't be a proposition St Kevins would be looking forward to. Very disappointing finishes to the season from NB and Boronia though (unless they turn it on next weekend, I suppose, but unlikely...), I might also have to re-think my statement about NB being a better long term prospect in Dunstan than the other cellar dwellers!

-----------------------------

Did anyone else manage to get along to the T20 GF yesterday? Heathmont won in a canter in the end, in a match highlighted by excellent bowling and fielding from both teams. Heathmont batted first and lost two in a row in the 3rd over (one to an excellent catch in the covers) to be in a bit of strife, exascerbated in the 5th when there was a direct hit run out. Once again, Edinburgh dared their opposition to go after the spinners, and Heathmont, like Mully a fortnight ago, weren't up to it - both the leggie and the offie varied their pace well, and sure fielding made scoring hard. I actually thought Heathmont did pretty well to end up with 110.

Now, apologies here, but I don't know many of the players' names, but the right arm opening bowler for Heathmont bowled as good a spell as I've seen all season. He's not express, but he gets good lift and was moving it away from the right handed batsmen very well, and like in the 1st innings, was well supported by some excellent fielding and, possibly more importantly, field placements. Edinburgh were unable to get the ball through the infield, and this was the main reason for the first two wickets - both runouts - which left them teetering at 2/10 after four overs. From here, things never really got going for them, and besides one of the openers (not the pom) getting 20odd and another bloke in the middle order probably getting about the same, I don't think any of their batsmen would have made more than 3 or 4. A very disappointing batting performance, albeit against a super-disciplined bowling performance, and Edinburgh were all out for 75 in the 17th over.

In terms of relevance to the Dunstan teams, I think Heathmont will be challenging adversaries for any teams, presuming they get promoted. The fiery, and quick, left armer (Morris) will hurry plenty of batsmen, and his stats indicate that his batting will also be to Dunstan standard. The other opener that I mentioned above, is also definitely Dunstan standard on yesterday's showing. It's pretty difficult to really tell how a team would go in 80 over cricket, based on 20 over games, because it's unlikely that kind of intent and enthusiasm in the field could last for another 60 overs, but I would suggest that to really compete in Dunstan they'll need to add a class batsman or two who is capable of scoring against bowling that doesn't let up in the middle overs like it does in A-turf.

Tipping Dale will have a field day on that deck at StK. Geez huge pressure on Parsons to punch out a big 2nd dig score to save Deep from outright loss. A week is a long time in cricket!!!

Fair effort:

Deepdene Utg Player Takes 10 wickets

Last updated: Monday February 18, 2013 5:35PM

Patrick Gregory of Deepdene Unting took 10/66 off 26.4 overs in the 1st Innings against Trinity Willison in MacGibbon Shield on Saturday.

It is the first time a bowler has taken all 10 wickets playing for Deepdene Uniting.

The "Cricket in the Park" advises us that it was done 5 times in the old Churches Comp.

Congratulations to Pat

Good weekend of cricket, with a lot of games / season results not being decided until the last day of the H&A season - thats great for the comp..

Finals battle:
I think StKevs will get the runs, Dale and Thompson wont be enough... need more bowling depth, but pressure is always against Skevvies there.
Surely Ashy will get 210 with their batting line up. Depends how the wicket is I guess but have the batsmen to get the job done. Ashy to camp out on Rathmines to help with covers?
MA to cruise home...... unless there are showers over NB... just on a good length..
Mulgrave to get outright if Parsons is one of the 2 out.. must say that it is sweet to see deepdene get spanked like that.

Relegation Battle:
North Balwyn - well we might just see a dodgy pitch dished up here to save them?! 100 runs...
Boronia - nothing can save them here, Stallworthy leads them to Aturf..
East Don - a win saves them, defend 238?? Dale? interesting...

got to love this season!!

Starting to think Skevs might be in the pub Saturday week. It's pissing down here in Hawthorn. Yarra Bend will be under water.

The Skevs boys will be doing rain dances all over Melbourne, and hoping for abandoned matches!

Also, have had a look at the ladder, and even a win from Skevs is unlikely to allow them to hold on to their top four spot (assuming Ashy get up) due to Mully's superior percentage (once again, assuming an outright for Mully).

The Skevs boys will be doing rain dances all over Melbourne, and hoping for abandoned matches!

Also, have had a look at the ladder, and even a win from Skevs is unlikely to allow them to hold on to their top four spot (assuming Ashy get up) due to Mully's superior percentage (once again, assuming an outright for Mully).
If SKOB win, they are guaranteed finals because AW and Haw will be 4 points short...

If I'm st kev's, the covers have been off and I take the 3 Pts and a guaranteed finals spot. Good preparation is about leaving nothing to chance.
And if I were AW or Haw I would do a captains agreement were AW declares 1st innings closed, Haw then declare 2nd innings and they play for outright points. And as for Boronia, their game a draw with ED and NB loosing see them remain in Dunstan.

Back