Eca 2012/13

And if I were AW or Haw I would do a captains agreement were AW declares 1st innings closed, Haw then declare 2nd innings and they play for outright points. And as for Boronia, their game a draw with ED and NB loosing see them remain in Dunstan.

Talk about match fixing, Andrew Demetriou would be all over that!

Even if AW closed their innings, Haw would win first innings and be the only ones able to take 10 points. If AW chased 200 after that agreement, they would get 6 and Haw would only get 4, wouldn't help either of them unless SKOB lose?

Even if AW closed their innings, Haw would win first innings and be the only ones able to take 10 points. If AW chased 200 after that agreement, they would get 6 and Haw would only get 4, wouldn't help either of them unless SKOB lose?
Andrew Demetriou would be ok with it. He would say the clubs did nothing wrong, they can keep their points and just fine them. Why? Just because!

The pitches will be fine kids! Fine weather Thursday, Friday and a cracking day on Saturday. Perfect day for runs! If the rain wasn't around, we might have had a few dust bowls. I know our pitch was resembling something found in India!

If I'm st kev's, the covers have been off and I take the 3 Pts and a guaranteed finals spot. Good preparation is about leaving nothing to chance.

East Donny are the masters of the questionalble 'unplayable' wicket when in a bad position so it would serve them right. Although 3 points might be enough to keep them up.....
Gotta love having finals spots open in so many grades this late in the year!

And if I were AW or Haw I would do a captains agreement were AW declares 1st innings closed, Haw then declare 2nd innings and they play for outright points. And as for Boronia, their game a draw with ED and NB loosing see them remain in Dunstan.
Might breach not only the spirit of cricket but ECA rules there prospector.

The pitches will be fine kids! Fine weather Thursday, Friday and a cracking day on Saturday. Perfect day for runs! If the rain wasn't around, we might have had a few dust bowls. I know our pitch was resembling something found in India!

Agree with the mayor here ..... most tracks needed a drink .... As long as there is NO rain Thursday or Friday they should play well ... Will be a bit of juice early but will settle down.

Hopefully curators get on them on Thursday and roll the shit out of them for a cracking last day of cricket !!!

Both these sides are going to miss if SKevs get on and win and mully get the outright .

Ashy cant get 10 points by declaring as Mad Max states ...... you can only get 6 with reverse outright .... so they would be better just chasing down the runs and hoping results fall their way .

In my opinion both these teams can plan for a end of season pissup next weekend !

Agree with the mayor here ..... most tracks needed a drink .... As long as there is NO rain Thursday or Friday they should play well ... Will be a bit of juice early but will settle down.

Hopefully curators get on them on Thursday and roll the shit out of them for a cracking last day of cricket !!!
Weather is looking much better this week so I reckon the grounds will be fine.

Doesn't look like rain will play a part in the last week which is a good result. See which teams have what it takes to make the finals or stay up!

Imagine there'll be a few soft-ish decks out there tomorrow, but the sun and breeze this afternoon should be helpful. At the end of the day we've had an ok year weather-wise, so it would be ridiculous of any team to feel hard done by if they drop the last round. Perfect example being Skevs, who should never have let ED get a score of that magnitude, even in the hot weather.

Good luck all teams (besides one!).

Congrats to gi on finishing top.
Great efforts from mul & skev on getting into finals considering their position 3 rounds ago...
Made for one of the most exciting last 2 rounds of the season i can remember.
Good luck all

End of another year, great efforts by gi, skobs, mulgrave and mont Albert
Do they break their appalling semi final record? On another note, is it time for the eca to bring in an illicit drugs policy to the top grade?
Everyone's favourite southern punter would surely be in a bit of strife, as would more than a few others imo
Have heard there is a genuine culture in some dunstan clubs the has been emerging over the last couple of years

End of another year, great efforts by gi, skobs, mulgrave and mont Albert
Do they break their appalling semi final record? On another note, is it time for the eca to bring in an illicit drugs policy to the top grade?
Everyone's favourite southern punter would surely be in a bit of strife, as would more than a few others imo
Have heard there is a genuine culture in some dunstan clubs the has been emerging over the last couple of years

Top Grade only? Worried if it was through the ranks then there wouldn't be much of a association left? I'm not aware of any big drug problems. I'm not a lawyer so I'm not sure if a predominately amateur Comp can enforce such a policy?

Wouldn't bother old Chunky unless they started a no fast-food or Thick-shake policy. Might as well retire now if they did that.

Agreed well done to the teams that made it.

Tips?
Traditionally the home teams get it done, but GI have a Port Adelaide like hoodoo to get over this year. I'll just tip the two home sides and see how it goes, but it's not done with any conviction or certainty. MA v GI would be a good GF. Battle of the POMs.

Semi Tips:

Dunstan:
Glen Iris will flog Mulgave
MA will get revenge after the Outright loss to Skevies a couple of rounds a go. Will be a tight final. This is the one I will be attending when not watching our 2's play!

A Turf:
Heathmont by a mile against Burwood (what has happened to Male? In the 2's a couple of weeks ago, and not named anywhere last week)
North Melbourne/Bulleen comfortably over Canterbury

Well done to all finalists and those teams that survived the relegation battle . Think the final 4 are all worthy.

Tips
GI will beat mulgrave. Too much depth .
MA will get revenge when it counts over SKEVs . Should be the pick of the finals.

Still sticking with MA to win the big dance although a little birdie ha told me Porter not available for GF as he has to return home for county duties ....

Very true. Intriguing semi match ups.
Both MUL & SKEV have positive recent history against the 2 best performing sides all year GI & MA (who only lost 2 games each)
My tip (fwiw)
GI in solid performance
MA in close one

Ill review GF when it swings around....

Thrilling end to the season; congratulations to those clubs that have made it through to finals. I was backing Ashy for the flag, so with that out the window I can't see GI being beaten, even though I don't mind Mulgrave.

Heathmont to win 2nd grade in a canter, with Ports to sook all afternoon on the 23rd.

Back