Eca

Had a look at a few grounds and decks, will be lucky to get a start on some even if the weather stays dry.

It's probably why they started with the 2-dayer anyway, but they should just call it off now and we'll play a 1-dayer on Oct 12.

If the ECA know "most" of the decks are a bit dodgy, they should give everyone as much notice as possible instead of leaving it till Friday night or Saturday morning to inform everyone.

It would be very messy if some grounds get on and some don't because of their deck, then you've got some teams playing 2-dayers and others playing 1-dayers the next week and then if it rains the week after there can be some teams that get a result, others a draw etc. etc.

Completely agree, some groundsmen have yet to even make their way onto wickets yet.

Lets be realistic, even if we have a gorgeous day Saturday its still 50/50 to play. If this is the case call them all off and start with the synthetic grades in week 2

It's probably why they started with the 2-dayer anyway, but they should just call it off now and we'll play a 1-dayer on Oct 12.

If the ECA know "most" of the decks are a bit dodgy, they should give everyone as much notice as possible instead of leaving it till Friday night or Saturday morning to inform everyone.

It would be very messy if some grounds get on and some don't because of their deck, then you've got some teams playing 2-dayers and others playing 1-dayers the next week and then if it rains the week after there can be some teams that get a result, others a draw etc. etc.
Totally agree with an early message however I want to play so I'd like them to give us every chance to get on. Thursday night or Friday should be when they make a decision

Completely agree, some groundsmen have yet to even make their way onto wickets yet.

Lets be realistic, even if we have a gorgeous day Saturday its still 50/50 to play. If this is the case call them all off and start with the synthetic grades in week 2
Let's not dig our boots into the curators Hilfy. They are no doubt getting orders from over their head.

I predict a decision to be made Wednesday or Thursday that round 1 won't commence until next week.

The synthetic grades will get a start unless it is wet Saturday. At least that's something.
Good leadership is needed. ECA should call it for the delegates meeting tonight and make it a onedayer next week. If we play: win toss and bowl then you win.
Spoke to a Stonnington employee this week and have bad news rumour for GI.
TH King will not come back to you. The ground will be developed into SKEVS old boys home for footy and cricket. It will have a turf deck installed with a synthetic wicket in centre for juniors and SKEVS will give up playing 1s and 2s at Olney. Just not substantiated or full decision made yet.
It will depend on financial imput from school or old boys association.

Juicy info Freddies Son. Doesn't bode well for the powerful Junior program down there. St Kevins will be over the moon.

Never having a go at the Curators Jeter, they do the absolute best they can with some appalling direction from their management.

Called into Burwood Bowls club for business yesterday and had a look at Burwood pavillion next door while I was there.
Very impressive. Spoke to a guy from bowls club there who said it was a huge financial drain on the cricket club.
Focussing on their homegrown talent and may not have a professional player at all.

Called into Burwood Bowls club for business yesterday and had a look at Burwood pavillion next door while I was there.
Very impressive. Spoke to a guy from bowls club there who said it was a huge financial drain on the cricket club.
Focussing on their homegrown talent and may not have a professional player at all.
Don't councils pay for the refurbs of pavilions?
Good leadership is needed. ECA should call it for the delegates meeting tonight and make it a onedayer next week. If we play: win toss and bowl then you win.
Spoke to a Stonnington employee this week and have bad news rumour for GI.
TH King will not come back to you. The ground will be developed into SKEVS old boys home for footy and cricket. It will have a turf deck installed with a synthetic wicket in centre for juniors and SKEVS will give up playing 1s and 2s at Olney. Just not substantiated or full decision made yet.
It will depend on financial imput from school or old boys association.
This would be a great result for St Kevins and no doubt make them a stronger club being closer to their school. Would be some great rivalries across the river!

I would be interested to know what sort of ECA clubs just have $50k sitting there for something like this. That seems preposterous
Well when you have an ordinary list of players, and can't attract quality players, money just sits there I guess.

Regarding the weather. Lucky I have retired! More time with the family, on the coast, and of course, at the races!

Well when you have an ordinary list of players, and can't attract quality players, money just sits there I guess.

Regarding the weather. Lucky I have retired! More time with the family, on the coast, and of course, at the races!

Best of luck in retirement Mayor! I hope you will still keep us in the know with your network of spies and informants.

I retired once myself. I found, with all the time at home with the family and in the garden that I lost way too much weight and as such I took cricket back up to help fill out my form again.

Wonderful sport, cricket.

Back