GCA & BPCA match previews and reviews

Re: GCA & BPCA match previews and reviews

I Bowl Meat Pies;328061 said:
not a bad report tone... but wtf was scown at first slip... shouldnt the cordon be millard, sam and lymer, with alf in the gully.... ok lymer might of been bowling.. but scown !!! he isnt coach anymore lol.. whys he in there

theres 4 blokes designated for the slips. sam juddy scowny and shane. sam prefers to be running around and i think scowny was stuffed from bowling...

ants14;328065 said:
theres 4 blokes designated for the slips. sam juddy scowny and shane. sam prefers to be running around and i think scowny was stuffed from bowling...
yep ive just copt a message off scowny for my last comments.. apparently he'd been down at 3rd man or sumthing... so fair enuff... still im available for the cordon this week if the 1's need me..... can take blinders from time to time

I Bowl Meat Pies;328068 said:
yep ive just copt a message off scowny for my last comments.. apparently he'd been down at 3rd man or sumthing... so fair enuff... still im available for the cordon this week if the 1's need me..... can take blinders from time to time

mmm, thats what he claims, he definintely was coming back from a chase, whether he was ready or not u have to take his word for. we have no video replay lol

ants14;328056 said:
ask and you shall receive

NORTH GEELONG v SOUTH BARWON
After the debacle of the week before, with all games being heated off, the match result really didn't matter to either side. North Geelong won the toss and elected to bat on what looked like a good wicket. Hall and Spierings did well to survive the opening onslaught from Hunt and Anderton before Hall edged one to the keeper after previously being dropped in the slips. Millard joined Spierings who didn't hang around for much longer edging one off Brad Hauenstein. This sparked a major middle order collapse with Brad Hauenstein taking 5 wickets for 33 runs including the key wicket of Alf Clark for 13. Millard continued to provide some resistance, and North headed into tea with there backs to their wall at 6-100. Anderton was immediately brought back on after the break and Anthony Ford was also introduced and the two cleaned up the tail, bowling North out for 129 after only 48 overs, giving South 32 overs to bat before the end of the day.
Millard 51 B.Hauenstein 5-33 Anderton 3-35 Ford 2-2

A determined North outfit took to the field for 32 overs but the luck didn't go there was. After dismissing Morrison, Scown had Ford dropped cheaply by Millard in first slip, and then in the final over the day Lymer had Whittingham dropped by Scown also in first slip. South headed into stumps at 1-62 in prime position. The new day started with South clearly on the attack. After being clubbed for a few fours, Armistead got the wicket of Whittingham with one of the worst balls ever, bringing Hester to the crease. This spelt trouble as Hester immediately took to the bowling with glee. Scown finally dismissed Ford cutting to Clark in the gully, and the real Hauenstein :p came to the crease. The two put on 63 quick runs with Hauenstein only making 9 of them. The same thing happened in the next partnership with Linke making only 9 whilst Hester continued dominating. The fake Hauenstein came in for the final dig with Hester who brought up his century and South declared at 5-235, in an attempt to earn an ouright to gain a couple of spots on the ladder.
Hester 102no Whittingham 36 Ford 32 Scown 3-62

The North bats set out with the aim to simply not be bowled out and right from the first ball it proved to be tough. Anderton bowled brillaintly with the new ball with tons of aggression and roughed up a few of the North bats with some great short pitched bowling. Millard provided the backbone scoring another good 50 before stumps were pulled up with North at 4-87.
Millard 53 no Anderton 2-19

Votes 3. Hester 2. B.Hauenstein 1. Millard

so going on with the above theory where the non dominating batsmen only scored 9 in a partnership, the final partnership of the South innings saw Hester score 9, while the fake Hauenstein scored 11 !! There was some massive hitting in Hesters innings of 100 though !!

gca_ipl;328341 said:
so going on with the above theory where the non dominating batsmen only scored 9 in a partnership, the final partnership of the South innings saw Hester score 9, while the fake Hauenstein scored 11 !! There was some massive hitting in Hesters innings of 100 though !!

well i got bored of repeating myself lol. and i didnt really feel as though i needed to pay myself out anymore than what i already had. but they were some largies i got hit for

Actually I think this report would have been much better..which one would you prefer.

Damien Hester rattled off an unbeaten century as South Barwon cruised to victory at Reynolds reserve.

Hmmm, anyway up to you guys

ants14;328357 said:
Actually I think this report would have been much better..which one would you prefer.

Damien Hester rattled off an unbeaten century as South Barwon cruised to victory at Reynolds reserve.

Hmmm, anyway up to you guys

Hey Ants

Who was the batsman that couldn't handle the short pitched bowling from Ando? Poor fella, he looked all at sea!

Knowa;328446 said:
Hey Ants

Who was the batsman that couldn't handle the short pitched bowling from Ando? Poor fella, he looked all at sea!

Jeez someones funny. The only one i didn't see was the one that went for 4. I just took the rest of them mainly because I wasn't quick enough to get bat on them. If u were referring to me of course. And this is?

ants14;328552 said:
Jeez someones funny. The only one i didn't see was the one that went for 4. I just took the rest of them mainly because I wasn't quick enough to get bat on them. If u were referring to me of course. And this is?
i think he was the bloke bowling at the other end mate.. going by his avatar and the fact that the fake haunstein was calling him wonka

ants14;328552 said:

Wonka is a funny man, he was only taking the p*%s out of the gators opening bat in Ants !! Speaking of quicks if you have been able to smack Harper for a few boundaries with some of his short pitch balls are we saying that Babies Arms does bowl a meaner bouncer than Harps, or was it just you got Harps on a good day ?

Duno, I was hitting the ball reasonably well earlier in they year, before this game I'd made two ducks and only got 3 in the first innings so I was probs thinking about self preservation rather than looking to score for some reason. :confused: I think we'll just leave it to the fact that I felt better batting earlier than I have lately

ants14;328552 said:

Only stringing you along ants!:p

I would have been out a long time before you were. The big fella gets some bounce.

I tried to bowl a shorter one and it only got hip high!!:D

Knowa;328738 said:
Only stringing you along ants!:p

I would have been out a long time before you were. The big fella gets some bounce.

I tried to bowl a shorter one and it only got hip high!!:D

Lol
You're playing in Alf's masters team aren't you?
How many days does that go for?

Ants, you did well mate. I was standing a further 20m behind you taking the ball in my gloves at head height and they were smacking in pretty hard.
I thank God for that extra 20m of space between me and Ando when he is in full flight (which he wasn't on Saturday).

fineleg2fineleg;328910 said:
Ants, you did well mate. I was standing a further 20m behind you taking the ball in my gloves at head height and they were smacking in pretty hard.
I thank God for that extra 20m of space between me and Ando when he is in full flight (which he wasn't on Saturday).
geez... how many of u south blokes are in here

ants14;328834 said:
Lol
You're playing in Alf's masters team aren't you?
How many days does that go for?

Yes having a game with the great man. Played 3 games so far for three wins. Rest day Wednesday, then 2 games on Thursday. Followed by the finals on Friday. Good fun, but tough with only 6 fielders!

I Bowl Meat Pies;328915 said:
geez... how many of u south blokes are in here

I just come on and note special comments every now and then. I leave most of the dribble up to the Prez, Wonks and the Big Fella.

Babies Arm;329392 said:
i would say you, but i didnt sneak in for a vote..... so brownings:D

u were next in line, i couldn't go past the bloke that made a ton for 3, the bloke whos spell changed the game in the first innings for 2, and the bloke who made two fiftys in a losing side for 1. The bloke who gave me bruises was next..:p

Back