GCA & BPCA match previews and reviews

Re: GCA & BPCA match previews and reviews

Second XI At Best;333865 said:
I hear there's another bloke down there whos thinking of coming back next year as a left armer with a bigger heart!!

I reckon there is a young right armer who could be a top liner if he recovers from his heart muscle strain.

Knowa;333870 said:
I reckon there is a young right armer who could be a top liner if he recovers from his heart muscle strain.

oh, i concour. i knowa who ur talkin bout;)

on another subject what is everyone's deck like this week with the rain we have had around for most week. I would be assuming there will be a few green tops, or are some wickets totally out of action ? South Barwon's is not in bad shape considering the week we have had, it is fairly hard, not as hard as normal but it will be playable very easily. Any other news ?

gca_ipl;333905 said:
on another subject what is everyone's deck like this week with the rain we have had around for most week. I would be assuming there will be a few green tops, or are some wickets totally out of action ? South Barwon's is not in bad shape considering the week we have had, it is fairly hard, not as hard as normal but it will be playable very easily. Any other news ?

I don't have much idea about pitches or anything I usually just stand around and pretend I know. Oops now you all know my secret. Personally I'm hoping North will be a bowlers paradise this weekend, and then we can roll them finish the season on a high, and then get on the beers in preparation for a big weekend which includes our votecount on Sunday which will be entertaining to say the least.

gca_ipl;333905 said:

I hear Newcomb have struggled, couldn't even roll it it was that bad gunna be a sticky;).

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;333935 said:
I hear Newcomb have struggled, couldn't even roll it it was that bad gunna be a sticky;).

I wonder if that is from the weather or is it 'self inflicted'?

Knowa (Wonka) (Phil Hunt) went beserk and ripped Newcomb for seven wickets today. After plundering the Newcomb attack with his MRF (only batsman to make runs for SB with an MRF this round) he ran in and took a lazy seven.

workinprogress;334044 said:
Knowa (Wonka) (Phil Hunt) went beserk and ripped Newcomb for seven wickets today. After plundering the Newcomb attack with his MRF (only batsman to make runs for SB with an MRF this round) he ran in and took a lazy seven.

It was nice to bowl on a wicket that was very conducive to bowlers. I definately had the pick of the ends - maybe some reward for running into the breeze all of the time:D

Any word of who won today between West and Lara?

Not sure who won but Lara were looking comfortable with Bambury and Andy Hughes at the crease. Hughes nicked one and was out, then Bambury followed soon after.
Lara were about 5/160 when I left and were looking a bit shaky.

On a side note, Andy Hughes looks like he knows what he's doing, hits hard down the ground and plays straight. Didn't see him have to play many short ones though.

workinprogress;334343 said:
Not sure who won but Lara were looking comfortable with Bambury and Andy Hughes at the crease. Hughes nicked one and was out, then Bambury followed soon after.
Lara were about 5/160 when I left and were looking a bit shaky.

On a side note, Andy Hughes looks like he knows what he's doing, hits hard down the ground and plays straight. Didn't see him have to play many short ones though.

West won by one run !! Last ball of the day Lara needed one to draw Danny Hughes on strike and he stepped across in front of his stumps and was hit on the pad directly in front to be given out !! Bowler was Craig Allthorpe, so it was a great ball under pressure. A tie would have been super interesting as it would have meant that East Belmont would have finished fourth, South Barwon third and West 5th, and Lara 6th. While a win from Lara would have seen them finish third and West finish 6th. How much can just one ball make a difference to the whole final 6 !!

gca_ipl;333905 said:

I know corio's ground wont be used for final's but there pitch was a shocker last week, made north geelongs pitch earlier this year for the marshall nth shore match look like a road:eek:

tim finnigan;334555 said:
I know corio's ground wont be used for final's but there pitch was a shocker last week, made north geelongs pitch earlier this year for the marshall nth shore match look like a road:eek:
haha funny u mention those 2 grounds... i think north have pulled out of hosting any finals matches this season.... and im pretty sure corio have stepped up and taken them on instead

I Bowl Meat Pies;334567 said:
haha funny u mention those 2 grounds... i think north have pulled out of hosting any finals matches this season.... and im pretty sure corio have stepped up and taken them on instead

Corio would not be hosting any Division One finals. South Barwon have actually taken on the second week of the finals which Nth Geelong pulled out of. Not sure who is taking over the first week as South Barwon already had a final this weekend.

Back