GCA & BPCA match previews and reviews

Re: GCA & BPCA match previews and reviews

ants14;329414 said:
u were next in line, i couldn't go past the bloke that made a ton for 3, the bloke whos spell changed the game in the first innings for 2, and the bloke who made two fiftys in a losing side for 1. The bloke who gave me bruises was next..:p

The guy who got the 1 vote was out for 5 caught behind in both innings though. Terrible umpiring.

Alrighty, my last Preview for the year which is a bit sad.. i could always do the finals ones if you want, thatd be fun :)

NORTH GEELONG v ST JOSEPH"S
Selected Sides
North Geelong- A.Spierings, S.Hall, C.Millard, A.Armistead, A.Clark, S.Lymer, J.Stewart, D.Tielens, D.McGlinchey, B.Scown, S.Kingwell
St Joseph's- D.Morgan, J.Casey, I.Courtney, D.Fanning, D.Foster, D.Harris, N.Harris, A.Hodgson, S.Farnsworth, R.Humphrey, T.Nolan

Match Preview- Simple equation in this match, with Joeys needing to win to retain top spot and ensured double chance whereas North are simply out to improve on last weeks performance and really take it to one of the best teams in the competition. North will need to put last weeks shocking performance to the back of its mind, whereas Joeys, who are coming off a few really good wins will look to continue that winning feeling. Last time they met, Andrew Hodgson made a brilliant hundred, and Scown was the only bowler that had any real effect whilst the other innings was pretty even the whole way through. A fun fact is that Alf Clark needs around 180 to break Jack Sing's record as highest run scorer in GCA Firsts. Any takers?

Players to Watch
Dom McGlinchey (North Geelong)- After taking a lot of stick from the Joeys bats lst time they played, expect a more confident 15 year old to take the field this week, looking to inflict some revenge and to build up some form before 2s finals.

Sam Farsnworth (St Joseph's)- A good young bowler who will look to take a few early wickets of Sam Hall and Col Millard who have been the backbone of the North batting lineup this year. Has been around for long enough now, and is due for a big haul.

TIP- North in an upset :D

ants14;330118 said:
Alrighty, my last Preview for the year which is a bit sad.. i could always do the finals ones if you want, thatd be fun :)

NORTH GEELONG v ST JOSEPH"S
Selected Sides
North Geelong- A.Spierings, S.Hall, C.Millard, A.Armistead, A.Clark, S.Lymer, J.Stewart, D.Tielens, D.McGlinchey, B.Scown, S.Kingwell
St Joseph's- D.Morgan, J.Casey, I.Courtney, D.Fanning, D.Foster, D.Harris, N.Harris, A.Hodgson, S.Farnsworth, R.Humphrey, T.Nolan

Match Preview- Simple equation in this match, with Joeys needing to win to retain top spot and ensured double chance whereas North are simply out to improve on last weeks performance and really take it to one of the best teams in the competition. North will need to put last weeks shocking performance to the back of its mind, whereas Joeys, who are coming off a few really good wins will look to continue that winning feeling. Last time they met, Andrew Hodgson made a brilliant hundred, and Scown was the only bowler that had any real effect whilst the other innings was pretty even the whole way through. A fun fact is that Alf Clark needs around 180 to break Jack Sing's record as highest run scorer in GCA Firsts. Any takers?

Players to Watch
Dom McGlinchey (North Geelong)- After taking a lot of stick from the Joeys bats lst time they played, expect a more confident 15 year old to take the field this week, looking to inflict some revenge and to build up some form before 2s finals.

Sam Farsnworth (St Joseph's)- A good young bowler who will look to take a few early wickets of Sam Hall and Col Millard who have been the backbone of the North batting lineup this year. Has been around for long enough now, and is due for a big haul.

TIP- North in an upset :D

Judging by the way he hit em this week and especially from wat i seen today... he's more than capable of pulling out a rediculous innings.. 180 might be too rediculous.. but he did turn it on in the masters games... would u agree knowa

only a fool would bet against alfy making a big score, but i think 180 is out of the question. will he play again next year ? has he indicated his intentions ?

crktluva;330292 said:
only a fool would bet against alfy making a big score, but i think 180 is out of the question. will he play again next year ? has he indicated his intentions ?

other than the MCG on Sunday all I am waiting for this weekend is the photo of the Wallington Afternoon feast !! Bring it on !!!

hahaha u boys sound pretty keen for the g... wat about wonka hasnt he had enuff of cricket yet... satday last week... super draw sunday...all week this week... satday sunday this week...

as for alf... ur guess is as good as mine... he'll most likely make a decision after he sees wat kind of talent we can pick up for next season.. if we can that is

gca_ipl;330328 said:
other than the MCG on Sunday all I am waiting for this weekend is the photo of the Wallington Afternoon feast !! Bring it on !!!

good luck sunday, hope ya smash em. the feast will be displayed on here for all to see.

I Bowl Meat Pies;330275 said:
Judging by the way he hit em this week and especially from wat i seen today... he's more than capable of pulling out a rediculous innings.. 180 might be too rediculous.. but he did turn it on in the masters games... would u agree knowa

Alf only went out in the last game so he could get an average! Made about 140 runs for the week and hit them clean. Looks like he may of run out of steam for the game today with a blob next to his name - looks like next year for the record.

I Bowl Meat Pies;330406 said:
hahaha u boys sound pretty keen for the g... wat about wonka hasnt he had enuff of cricket yet... satday last week... super draw sunday...all week this week... satday sunday this week...

as for alf... ur guess is as good as mine... he'll most likely make a decision after he sees wat kind of talent we can pick up for next season.. if we can that is

I am getting too old for all this cricket...but will be fresh as a daisy for the G tomorrow. It has been a long week and a very enjoyable week capped off with a good win in the final of the masters.

Knowa;330549 said:
I am getting too old for all this cricket...but will be fresh as a daisy for the G tomorrow. It has been a long week and a very enjoyable week capped off with a good win in the final of the masters.

know how ya feel knowa, ive had enough and im retiring after this one.

cow-corner;330710 said:
how did south go in 20/20 today?

South Barwon won by 4 wks with 2 balls to spare.

Ashburton 133 (Ando 2-13) South Barwon 7-134 (Hester 60n.o MOM, Babbsy 36)

Great day at the G and back at South I've drank myself stupid and well done to the Swans!!!!!

CHEER CHEER!!!:D

cow-corner;330710 said:
how did south go in 20/20 today?

cheer cheer the south barwon swan !!!! and hammy did not make the side even after hitting c ford for a big six on Saturday !!

I didn't know Wonka was a big cricket man. Is there any chance SB could find another left arm quick to post their views on all things cricket.
Ando, IPL and Wonka - Any other left armers with a view on Geelong cricket you're hiding down there at Reynolds reserve?

workinprogress;333600 said:
I didn't know Wonka was a big cricket man. Is there any chance SB could find another left arm quick to post their views on all things cricket.
Ando, IPL and Wonka - Any other left armers with a view on Geelong cricket you're hiding down there at Reynolds reserve?

one thing wrong with the above, only Ando is quick !! Wonka and IPL struggle to deliver running into a wind each week !! There is another left armed quicker guy in the seconds with some good pedigree, Andrew Ross, sone of Graeme, who might be a goes in the future.

gca_ipl;333651 said:
one thing wrong with the above, only Ando is quick !! Wonka and IPL struggle to deliver running into a wind each week !! There is another left armed quicker guy in the seconds with some good pedigree, Andrew Ross, sone of Graeme, who might be a goes in the future.
he had big wraps from all our older generation last week.... roger allen said he was one of the best 2nds bowlers he's seen in a while.... i guess it wont be long before he'll be playing in the 1's goin on these statements

I Bowl Meat Pies;333811 said:
he had big wraps from all our older generation last week.... roger allen said he was one of the best 2nds bowlers he's seen in a while.... i guess it wont be long before he'll be playing in the 1's goin on these statements

Spot on IPL - only quick there is Ando. Hard to get up any pace at all running into strong south wester each week:cool:

Young Rossy is a very good prospect for the future. Just needs to work on his line & length and will be very hard to keep out. Has improved quite well this year and is sure to be thereabouts next year. I just wonder if he knows how to bowl into the wind each week!:D

Knowa;333855 said:
Spot on IPL - only quick there is Ando. Hard to get up any pace at all running into strong south wester each week:cool:

Young Rossy is a very good prospect for the future. Just needs to work on his line & length and will be very hard to keep out. Has improved quite well this year and is sure to be thereabouts next year. I just wonder if he knows how to bowl into the wind each week!:D

I hear there's another bloke down there whos thinking of coming back next year as a left armer with a bigger heart!!

Back