GCA & BPCA match previews and reviews

Re: GCA & BPCA match previews and reviews

I Bowl Meat Pies;334567 said:
haha funny u mention those 2 grounds... i think north have pulled out of hosting any finals matches this season.... and im pretty sure corio have stepped up and taken them on instead

That surely cant true? Surely they wouldn't use a div 2 ground for div 1 finals. It wouldn't even be good to host div 2 finals, Im not sure if our ground is being used for any finals but its in alot better condition than corio's oval.

tim finnigan;334594 said:
That surely cant true? Surely they wouldn't use a div 2 ground for div 1 finals. It wouldn't even be good to host div 2 finals, Im not sure if our ground is being used for any finals but its in alot better condition than corio's oval.

Marshall have a Division 2 1sts final this week. Corio have a 2nds final

a for effort;334596 said:
Marshall have a Division 2 1sts final this week. Corio have a 2nds final

On a different note does anyone know where i can find the div 2 club championship table, it doesnt seem to be avaliable on the gca website.

hey tim finnigan how about we organise a wicket at north this week and all have a crack at you then you tell us all about norths wickets

tim finnigan;334603 said:
On a different note does anyone know where i can find the div 2 club championship table, it doesnt seem to be avaliable on the gca website.

Top 6 is Thomson 105.5, Manifold 95.0, Highton 92.0, AT 73.5, Torquay 69.0, Murgheboluc 67.0 (assuming GCA don't rule against Torquay in "washout" fiasco).

Look here;334663 said:
Top 6 is Thomson 105.5, Manifold 95.0, Highton 92.0, AT 73.5, Torquay 69.0, Murgheboluc 67.0 (assuming GCA don't rule against Torquay in "washout" fiasco).

Do you know the bottom half? More wanted to know who was last on the table, wasn't sure if it was us (marshall) or corio, cheers.

in the V;334626 said:
hey tim finnigan how about we organise a wicket at north this week and all have a crack at you then you tell us all about norths wickets

Would glady help you out with that chief, may be a little difficult tho with alot of blokes on here already involved in finals this week with there respective clubs. Appreciate the thought tho.

tim finnigan;335013 said:
Do you know the bottom half? More wanted to know who was last on the table, wasn't sure if it was us (marshall) or corio, cheers.

Marshall last by (from memory) 3.5 points. Doubt the Bears will go to GCA3 though - this only equates to less than 1 point in the GCA club assessment, and you should be more than able to make up points in other areas. For instance, Corio forfeited 2 x 3rds games late in the season and would lose points for that.

Look here;335017 said:
Marshall last by (from memory) 3.5 points. Doubt the Bears will go to GCA3 though - this only equates to less than 1 point in the GCA club assessment, and you should be more than able to make up points in other areas. For instance, Corio forfeited 2 x 3rds games late in the season and would lose points for that.

I think we should be right time will tell tho i quess. We were under the impression that if we beat corio in the last game we'd be safe. Although with other aspects you mentioned such as corio forfeiting a few games and marshall having more juniors etc id imagine corio should be a tad more worried than us.

tim finnigan;335027 said:
I think we should be right time will tell tho i quess. We were under the impression that if we beat corio in the last game we'd be safe. Although with other aspects you mentioned such as corio forfeiting a few games and marshall having more juniors etc id imagine corio should be a tad more worried than us.

Marshall survived relegation last year (over the 1st XI Grand Finalists, no less) and by the looks of it are in a far better shape then they were at any point last season, so going by that they should be safe. Winning their last two games, including one against premiership contender Highton, should have secured their spot in division 2 for next season. The GCA work in mysterious ways, however, so who knows what could happen.

a for effort;335138 said:
Marshall survived relegation last year (over the 1st XI Grand Finalists, no less) and by the looks of it are in a far better shape then they were at any point last season, so going by that they should be safe. Winning their last two games, including one against premiership contender Highton, should have secured their spot in division 2 for next season. The GCA work in mysterious ways, however, so who knows what could happen.

i hope marshall dont go down

crktluva;335380 said:
Marshall were told last night they are div 2.

I hope they weren't "told" on the basis of Tim Finnigan's query about whether Marshall or Corio finished last in GCA2 club championship. There's a lot more to it than that (although under the GCA assessment system, they should be OK).

A match review for the South Barwon, Geelong West final scheduled for play at sh!t facilities cricket ground on the weekend. After a slight delay to putting the covers on in the morning junior game (see video for more info - YouTube - main cricket pitch square - this is footage of when they thought they should put the covers on), both teams arrived to find a poorly prepared wicket a bit damp. One section of the wicket was deemed unfit for cricket by umpire Wayne Richards.

After playing the waiting game for some considerable time, play was officially abandoned on day one at 4.00pm. Highlight of day one was the magnificent spread for arvo tea supplied by West. Best spread of the year!:D

Day two arrived to find the wicket in similar conditions, but deemed playable by the umpire after not wanting to have a bar of it on Saturday - I think it may have been the Hammy double act with the blower vacs on day one! South won the toss and elected to bowl to try to somehow get a result. After claiming three wickets, the rain forced an early stumps with West about 3-60.

Amazing how 20 odd overs were possible at sh!t facilities cricket ground (voted best in league by the lion hearted committee), yet grounds deemed 2&3 can produce enough play to ensure a result. Three sets of covers and water still gets on the wicket. How can this be??:confused:

swear blind i had a reply to knowas last message on here, who removed it and why:mad::mad:

At the end of the day south cost themselves with ladder postion. Won 1st 6 should have finshed top 2 from there you would have thought. Didnt take advantage of there 6-0 start.

THE_LATE_MAIL;337911 said:
At the end of the day south cost themselves with ladder postion. Won 1st 6 should have finshed top 2 from there you would have thought. Didnt take advantage of there 6-0 start.

that is correct, so many if's and but's as we should have finished with at least one more win but Bambury and Andy Hughes knocked that off with two fantastic centuries in a one day game. But you do hope that every final game gets a result and you don't have wash outs. Who wants to play for a result each week but when finals come pray for rain to get through ?? You would have to say that Joey's are stiff, winning their first final but now having to play the ladder leader for the home and away season due to them loosing first week of the finals. While Geelong West get to play the 6th rank side prior to the finals starting. ??? Dunno about the final 6 when percularlarities can occur like this. Must be a better way ??

THE_LATE_MAIL;337911 said:

and not getting a result against city with heat hurt as well knackers.

Babies Arm;337931 said:
and not getting a result against city with heat hurt as well knackers.

And not being able to defend close to 300 against Bell Post at home, losing by 1 wicket, with the rookie bolwer having 0 effect. haha

gca_ipl;337925 said:
that is correct, so many if's and but's as we should have finished with at least one more win but Bambury and Andy Hughes knocked that off with two fantastic centuries in a one day game. But you do hope that every final game gets a result and you don't have wash outs. Who wants to play for a result each week but when finals come pray for rain to get through ?? You would have to say that Joey's are stiff, winning their first final but now having to play the ladder leader for the home and away season due to them loosing first week of the finals. While Geelong West get to play the 6th rank side prior to the finals starting. ??? Dunno about the final 6 when percularlarities can occur like this. Must be a better way ??
good point daz... i started playing senior cricket in 02/03.. back then there were 12 teams in the comp and the finals system was only a top 4.... why now does it have to go to a top 6... take it back to top 4... 1st v 4th.. 2nd v 3rd... therefore.. grovey v south and joeys v west... in my opinion next year should be back that way... anyone else agree ???

Back