Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

crktluva;269518 said:
cammarotoo 5k, big joke. and that is true boys trust me, they coud have got heaps better.

easiest 5k that banana is going to make. the bad news bears go from bad to worse, and thats why decent players wont go there for a hit and they struggle every year. who runs the $$$ down there, the boys from chartered accountants.

BPCA First Round Tips

Round 1 Tips:

Barwon Heads over Collendina
Queenscliff to beat Wallington
Jan Juc to defeat Geelong West
St Albans to beat Barrabool in a tight one
Anglesea to pump Newcomb
Portarlington over Drysdale

OG to have the bye: At least I'm guaranteed to have this right

Local Cricket Chat

Anyone interested in a review of all the weekends sport action, including the local cricket can tune into 94.7, The Pulse on Sunday Nights from 7-8. The show is called Pulsating Sports, and wraps up all the weeks action in local and international sport, so don't miss it!

There is also a number for anyone to call in and have a chat about the local stuff, as well as a text and email address. Email is pulsatingsports@live.com, tune in for text and phone numbers

beckodelay;269513 said:
its Beck to u Renny24 ;) technology these days

hey beckodelay, i hope i never upset u in the past. i reckon we could be great mates. just been reading ur posts...... GOLD.
funniest person ever:D

wrong 'un;268357 said:
I think you'll find if you go back through this forum there is far to much of it, I do know the story in which that statement is associated with, I personally just wouldn't post it.

Yeah it's no good

Re: BPCA First Round Tips

Round 1 Tips
GCA2​
Manifold v St Peters- easily over an aging St Peters
North Shore v Bell Park- NSCC easily
Murge v A.T- MCC at home with benny the jet to star:rolleyes:
Thomson v Torquay -just too good for Thomson Bourke to get a huge hundred at godfrey st again
Corio v Waurn Ponds- furgie is playing and will be the difference
Highton v Marshall- home before break

BPCA
Barwon Heads v Collendina- BHCC in a close one
Queenscliff v Wallington- QCC easily
Jan Juc v Geelong West- JJCC to win outright Muncey 10wks for the match
St Albans v Barrabool - Farnsworth 150 to get the bulls off to a flyer
Anglesea v Newcomb-ACC to push for outright Poulter to make a massive score
Portarlington v Drysdale- Vassilou and McGrath to get Port to 250+

OG to have the bye

Re: Local Cricket Chat

Solid Defence;269569 said:
Anyone interested in a review of all the weekends sport action, including the local cricket can tune into 94.7, The Pulse on Sunday Nights from 7-8. The show is called Pulsating Sports, and wraps up all the weeks action in local and international sport, so don't miss it!

There is also a number for anyone to call in and have a chat about the local stuff, as well as a text and email address. Email is pulsatingsports@live.com, tune in for text and phone numbers

Sounds like a good idea - hopefully goes well. What is the phone number?

wrong 'un;268331 said:
BRING BACK THE HARVEY WORLD CUP T20 STYLE.....

Thoughts?

It would be good, it seems a bit slack that there isn't a T20 comp set up already in Geelong in either comp.

Typical Geelong cricket though I guess always behind the 8 ball:rolleyes:

rumour has it trav faulkhead is at bph? can anybody approve of this.
also why is luke winter in the 3rds, should be playing 1's with his huge leggy.
can anybody confirm that Chris " the sook" moreland is acually goin to play this year. thinks his a big superstar when everybody acually hates him.

a for effort;268342 said:
By the visiting team!

Walked right into that one Tone

haha alright make it by alf and the visiting team and ill say we've got a deal lol. nar we'll be a strong batting side this year, hopefully make heaps of runs

Re: BPCA First Round Tips

wrong 'un;269598 said:
Round 1 Tips
GCA2​
Manifold v St Peters- easily over an aging St Peters
North Shore v Bell Park- NSCC easily
Murge v A.T- MCC at home with benny the jet to star:rolleyes:
Thomson v Torquay -just too good for Thomson Bourke to get a huge hundred at godfrey st again
Corio v Waurn Ponds- furgie is playing and will be the difference
Highton v Marshall- home before break

10 juniors and recently graduated juniors in the 1sts & 2nds.

crktluva;269518 said:
cammarotoo 5k, big joke. and that is true boys trust me, they coud have got heaps better.

When a club has little hope and is backed into a corner; they get desperate.

dads army;269627 said:
rumour has it trav faulkhead is at bph? can anybody approve of this.
also why is luke winter in the 3rds, should be playing 1's with his huge leggy.
can anybody confirm that Chris " the sook" moreland is acually goin to play this year. thinks his a big superstar when everybody acually hates him.

going by the postings of late i think the babies arm might have mentioned it about faulkhead playing there, and please dont start on moreland, we had him on big footy and he made an absolute arse of himself on there and was pissing people off so the last thing we need is for him to get on here and start blowing his own tyers up. he would be a mixture of bringbackwarney/sharkbite

whatdoumeanwashe;268431 said:
Any update on the Guild pitch? dosen't look like theres to much going on.

i'm no curator, so i can't honestly comment on how the deck's actually going. but i can tell you, our curator has been on it every night. probably start using the new decks maybe round 3 or 4

as for farnsworth, huh!!! he is nothing with bat or ball, most half decent gca cricketers can play 3rd and 4ths at geelong. and ya right, a lot of people dont like him, but he has a lot of admirers too. his mum, dad HIMSELF HIMSELF HIMSELF AND HIMSELF.

Badger;268434 said:
i'm no curator, so i can't honestly comment on how the deck's actually going. but i can tell you, our curator has been on it every night. probably start using the new decks maybe round 3 or 4

Thats just it ,it dosen't look like hes touched the rye grass decks. How long does it take to prepair a pitch? I notice Waurn Ponds cut theirs last week and have been rolling it.

SOME SCORES

GCA1

East Belmont def Leopold (scores ?)
North Geelong 9/136 lost to South Barwon 4/140
Geelong City 9/209 (Pitts112) lost to St Josephs 6/210
Geelong West 175 lost to Grovedale 9/176

GCA2​

Manifold 9/165 def St Peters 147
North Shore def Bell Park (scores ?)
Murge 8/238 def AT 124
Corio 9/158 def Waurn Ponds 8/152
Highton 3/111 def Marshall 109

BPCA 2 day games​

Queenscliff 6/298(M Farrell 125) v Wallington
Portarlington 2/67 v Drysdale 137
Barwon Heads 0/30 v Collendina 131
GWSC 2/78 V Jan Juc 102
Barrabool 134 v St Albans/Breakwater 1/26
Newcomb 8/217 v Anglesea

GCA3​

Teesdale 9/217 def Meridith 27 :eek:
Inverleigh9/128 def Corio Bay 106
Anakie 62 lost to Little River 3/65
Lethbridge 5/231 def Bannockburn 34 :eek:

GREAT COMP BY THE LOOKS:rolleyes:

wrong 'un;269722 said:
SOME SCORES

GCA1

East Belmont def Leopold (scores ?)
North Geelong 9/136 lost to South Barwon 4/140
Geelong City 9/209 (Pitts112) lost to St Josephs 6/210
Geelong West 175 lost to Grovedale 9/176

GCA2​

Manifold 9/165 def St Peters 147
North Shore def Bell Park (scores ?)
Murge 8/238 def AT 124
Corio 9/158 def Waurn Ponds 8/152
Highton 3/111 def Marshall 109

BPCA 2 day games​

Queenscliff 6/298(M Farrell 125) v Wallington
Portarlington 2/67 v Drysdale 137
Barwon Heads 0/30 v Collendina 131
GWSC 2/78 V Jan Juc 102
Barrabool 134 v St Albans/Breakwater 1/26
Newcomb 8/217 v Anglesea

GCA3​

[COLOR="Black"]Teesdale 9/217 def Meridith 27 :eek:[/COLOR]
Inverleigh9/128 def Corio Bay 106
Anakie 62 lost to Little River 3/65
Lethbridge 5/231 def Bannockburn 34 :eek:
GREAT COMP BY THE LOOKS:rolleyes:

i wanna play in that comp now, early finishes meens on the booze early:D

whatdoumeanwashe;268437 said:
And if the turf isn't ready for round one where would you play?

not sure how long it'd take, but i've been informed a rye deck will be ready for saturday

HOW TO CHECK THE GCA RESULTS!

Visit Welcome to MyCricket:

It will say customised for xxx in the top right hand corner Click on Customised and it will open a new page
If you want to search GCA results, put in Geelong or Geelong Cricket Association and search. If you just want your club, select your club.

Click on the customise next to the GCA entry.

Now up the top of the window you should see a Matches option. Click on this and follow the menus.

Pitts 112.
Foster 80
Bye 5/8 in the 2's

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;268364 said:
It would be good, it seems a bit slack that there isn't a T20 comp set up already in Geelong in either comp.

Typical Geelong cricket though I guess always behind the 8 ball:rolleyes:

they have been snookered for years :eek:

alright so i dont no if the addy will giv just the scores or good match reports so i will give my outlook for our game.

north batted first after south won the toss, and loss sam hall and danny tielens early to some good bowling by ando and phil hunt. ando hit the same spot time after time and bowled real good. eventually alf clark came in at number 5, but kept reguarly losing partners with 4 blokes making between 10-15. alf ended up on 59 not out, whilst brad haunstein ran through the middle order and tail picking up 4-17 and north finished at 9-136.

south came out and breur and whittingham attacked the unexperienced opening bowling attack of jack hall and dom mcglinchey (15 years old). those two eventually lost their wickets to the wily veteran ross aylmer. but wickets were not coming regularly and once haunstein came out to bat the game was a sgood as over. col millard took two late wickets, and brad haunstein finished on 57 not out, anthony ford also batted alright for his 22. they passed norths score in the 39th over with just 4 wickets down.

votes 3 b.haunstein 2 a.clark 1 a.ford

Badger;268434 said:

:eek: so ya sayin that ya curator has been on the grass every night?!!
guild cc is a dump, nuff said!

NDCC 146 lost to BPH 8/148 @ BPH

Thomson 93 lost to Torquay 171 @ North Geelong

Anyone know wicket takers and run scorers for these games?

wrong 'un;269810 said:
NDCC 146 lost to BPH 8/148 @ BPH

Thomson 93 lost to Torquay 171 @ North Geelong

Anyone know wicket takers and run scorers for these games?

thomson were 5-50 odd wen i left and sean o'neill was smashen them, so he must have either gone out quickly or run out of partners. the site that right arm medium put up before is good i already went on it and it will have those results if you want to look

heatelite;268215 said:
feel sorry for the south lads, first ando drank 400 pots after the thommy boys won the flag and now he'll drink another 400 with the hawks getting up, might not be able to get through 4 overs

MASSIVE chance. i will be doing well to get thru 4 balls. doing a rain dance as im writing this.:D

but its all been worth it.

crktluva;269518 said:

supersaintjohnny;269526 said:
If Marshall have paid him 5k they should just close the doors to the club now, because they have no idea.:eek:

pencil in 11;269553 said:
easiest 5k that banana is going to make. the bad news bears go from bad to worse, and thats why decent players wont go there for a hit and they struggle every year. who runs the $$$ down there, the boys from chartered accountants.

$5 graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand! :eek::eek: Plz xcuse my ignorance but wtf r marshal doin payin a meathead like cammarotto $5 g's? his worth abt fiddy bucks. da refernce to him bein a banana made me ROFL :cool:

Babies Arm;268507 said:
MASSIVE chance. i will be doing well to get thru 4 balls. doing a rain dance as im writing this.:D

but its all been worth it.

Have you taken any time of work, you big piss tank?

:p
chiefcharger;269804 said:
who do u play for mate? and what grade? oh and what did u make on the weekend?

cheifcharga i c the ref i made about the Stoneyford Batting Maestro has hit a raw nerve. As they say to Runia... chin up :eek:
4 da millionth time i dont play cricket, i watch it. why wood i botha standin in the sun chasin leatha wen i can b sittin back watching stoneyford local hero *insert name here* makin hundreds on cow paddocks in divvy 3 avin a couple quiet lagers :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back