Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

clearing pickets;223650 said:
thats a good get for them, spec if both go
yeah 4sure they could bring possibly more 2 from north.
Heard anything about what andrew fergusson is doing?

clearing pickets;223654 said:
wasnt the modda deal a 2 season one?

yer it was for a 2 year deal i have heard......sean bogan played grovedale 1st XI last year for most of the year as there opener bolwer with harper but then bogan got injured with his back and he couldnt get back in the side and he is a really good bolwer sharp and fast and he is only 20...rumors that the anglesea are chasing a couple grovedale cricket guys who are playin in there ressies side in footy this....i know there are 2 players in the anglesea ressies side that i hav seen in there best lately that play for grovey in cricket and they are s bayliss and a hovey but i wouldnt think grovey would let them go to anglesea

clearing pickets;223654 said:
wasnt the modda deal a 2 season one?
no idea, don't think he enjoyed himself on the carpet. just goes to show $$$ talks.
also heard matty caulfields heading back 2 east belmont

bangladesh_8;223659 said:
yer it was for a 2 year deal i have heard......sean bogan played grovedale 1st XI last year for most of the year as there opener bolwer with harper but then bogan got injured with his back and he couldnt get back in the side and he is a really good bolwer sharp and fast and he is only 20...rumors that the anglesea are chasing a couple grovedale cricket guys who are playin in there ressies side in footy this....i know there are 2 players in the anglesea ressies side that i hav seen in there best lately that play for grovey in cricket and they are s bayliss and a hovey but i wouldnt think grovey would let them go to anglesea

well if that is true it seems east belmont go from strength to strength.
will he fit into their first XI with the allens always in good form?

Bringbackwarney;223660 said:
no idea, don't think he enjoyed himself on the carpet. just goes to show $$$ talks.
also heard matty caulfields heading back 2 east belmont

yer $$ does talk but im sure he'll be back in the gca sooner rather than later, he is far too good for Hard Wicket Cricket!

caufield to east belmont, wouldnt be suprised, will continue the player exodus from the bulls

bangladesh_8;223659 said:
yer it was for a 2 year deal i have heard......sean bogan played grovedale 1st XI last year for most of the year as there opener bolwer with harper but then bogan got injured with his back and he couldnt get back in the side and he is a really good bolwer sharp and fast and he is only 20...rumors that the anglesea are chasing a grovedale cricket bloke who is playin in there ressies side in footy this year anyone heard who? cause i know there are 2 players in the anglesea ressies side that play for grovey in cricket and they are s bayliss and a hovey but wouldnt think they would go for them cause grovey wouldnt let them go
not sure angelsea need a few recruits struggled big time last year.
Might be a long year 4 fergusson seems a few have moved on from flag side last year.
has anyone heard lucas benci from AT to st albans heard it tonight off someone?

clearing pickets;223663 said:
yer $$ does talk but im sure he'll be back in the gca sooner rather than later, he is far too good for Hard Wicket Cricket!

caufield to east belmont, wouldnt be suprised, will continue the player exodus from the bulls
caulfield was at modda last year

Bringbackwarney;223665 said:
not sure angelsea need a few recruits struggled big time last year.
Might be a long year 4 fergusson seems a few have moved on from flag side last year.
has anyone heard lucas benci from AT to st albans heard it tonight off someone?

who else has left modda?
heard a few might be leaving AT unhappy wit the re-appoitment of Cox

clearing pickets;223668 said:
who else has left modda?
heard a few might be leaving AT unhappy wit the re-appoitment of Cox
i've just heard 3 or 4 have left not 100% who im fairly sure caulfield and hovey are 2 of them.
yeah cox aint 2 popular, benci would be a huge pick up 4 st albans to go with murray and jones. they havn't lost any players from last year.
And im 95% sure sam farnsworth is going to st albans also through the newcomb & district connection with addy, jones, murray and bennett

clearing pickets;223662 said:
well if that is true it seems east belmont go from strength to strength.
will he fit into their first XI with the allens always in good form?
not sure if he'll plays one's, if he gave it a 100% he'd play in any teams ones. he's a pea heart tho so i'd have 2 say no

Bringbackwarney;223673 said:
i've just heard 3 or 4 have left not 100% who im fairly sure caulfield and hovey are 2 of them.
yeah cox aint 2 popular, benci would be a huge pick up 4 st albans to go with murray and jones. they havn't lost any players from last year.
And im 95% sure sam farnsworth is going to st albans also through the newcomb & district connection with addy, jones, murray and bennett

if st albans are picking up all these players they are going to dominate, pity they dont have a turf wicket there as there team would be competitive in div 1, spec if they do sign benci and sam farnsworth.

NDCC wont be to pleased wit the loss of sam farnsworth and Jeremy Babb.

Cox is going to cost AT alot more than money this season, could be a few to leave the Viking coup

clearing pickets;223676 said:
if st albans are picking up all these players they are going to dominate, pity they dont have a turf wicket there as there team would be competitive in div 1, spec if they do sign benci and sam farnsworth.

NDCC wont be to pleased wit the loss of sam farnsworth and Jeremy Babb.

Cox is going to cost AT alot more than money this season, could be a few to leave the Viking coup
st albans are putting in a turf wicket soon as the G&DFL finals are over playing all there home games at breakwater reserve this year and are moving to GCA next season the grounds also getting re done with drought proof cooch, Also i heard there getting a $500,000 extention on the change rooms.
The turf wicket will be up after xmas so id say the club might tryn organise some home games on it if any BPCA clubs would wanna play on it.
The loss of NDCC players must be a real worry for them, i think there players are fair game for st albans if you look at the juniors that have left to play turf there, Ryan Mills and Chris Hester both where good in there 1s last year

Bringbackwarney;223680 said:
st albans are putting in a turf wicket soon as the G&DFL finals are over playing all there home games at breakwater reserve this year and are moving to GCA next season the grounds also getting re done with drought proof cooch, Also i heard there getting a $500,000 extention on the change rooms.

is that confirmed thru the council?

clearing pickets;223683 said:
is that confirmed thru the council?
yep 100% they have a $25,000 grant for a shed, roller and covers plus whatever else they need. there getting the turf wickets from west kardinia practice wicket that aren't in use.
Its cost the club nothing as sponsers have organised the excuvation of it for the club. I heard all this 1st hand from st albans c.c president john irvine, who has done a super job for the club organising it all.
They have also organised the preperation of the wicket with the tafe(next door) 3rd yr apprentices to prep the wicket as part of there course that will be overseen by the st albans querator.

Bringbackwarney;223685 said:
yep 100% they have a $25,000 grant for a shed, roller and covers plus whatever else they need. there getting the turf wickets from west kardinia practice wicket that aren't in use.
Its cost the club nothing as sponsers have organised the excuvation of it for the club. I heard all this 1st hand from st albans c.c president john irvine, who has done a super job for the club organising it all.
They have also organised the preperation of the wicket with the tafe(next door) 3rd yr apprentices to prep the wicket as part of there course that will be overseen by the st albans querator.
you're right on the money bringbackwarney i play at st albans and that 100% write jock irvine has done a huge job he's a champ.
Not to sure about lucas benci coming i havn't heard that but could be right, him and jason murray are good mates from when he coached AT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back