Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

beaublazer;369407 said:
How's your turf wicket looking this week bigmac?

If you ever want to learn the ins and outs of preparing a quality wicket get on your push bike and head down the Surfcoast Highway to Spring Creek Reserve.

very hard to ride a bmx in gumboots........

does it annoy you guys that sides dont enter all the details on my cricket. i mean if you can enter all your own sides batting and bowling that surely means you have the oppositions details in front of you. bloody rude and disrespectul in my opinion.

does it annoy you guys that sides dont enter all the details on my cricket. i mean if you can enter all your own sides batting and bowling that surely means you have the oppositions details in front of you. bloody rude and disrespectul in my opinion.

crktluva;369649 said:

I don't think you can, you can only enter your own score's I thought:confused:

crktluva;369649 said:

I don't think you can, you can only enter your own score's I thought:confused:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;369655 said:
I don't think you can, you can only enter your own score's I thought.

That is correct. You can only enter the opposition's wicket-takers and catchers (if you know who caught them), and that is only if they have actually entered their XI by the time you enter your own team's info.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;369655 said:
I don't think you can, you can only enter your own score's I thought.

That is correct. You can only enter the opposition's wicket-takers and catchers (if you know who caught them), and that is only if they have actually entered their XI by the time you enter your own team's info.

yes i discovered this to be so when i spoke to my club, apparently they changed it last year, it used to be up to home team.

yes i discovered this to be so when i spoke to my club, apparently they changed it last year, it used to be up to home team.

crktluva;369787 said:

It's a pain in the arse having to go back and put your catches in the next day or whenever the opposition have done their scores.

crktluva;369787 said:

It's a pain in the arse having to go back and put your catches in the next day or whenever the opposition have done their scores.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;370029 said:
Our teams go in thursday night... it would be pretty good if every side could do that.... then wen we log in on the fridays each team would no wat there really coming up against

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;370029 said:
Our teams go in thursday night... it would be pretty good if every side could do that.... then wen we log in on the fridays each team would no wat there really coming up against

I Bowl Meat Pies;370031 said:

We do also, it should be made compulsory I reckon. Especially now the Addy has canned putting the teams in the paper Fridays.

I Bowl Meat Pies;370031 said:

We do also, it should be made compulsory I reckon. Especially now the Addy has canned putting the teams in the paper Fridays.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;370038 said:

I hear what ya saying lads and that would be great in a perfect world. But selection ain't that easy at times. Put sides in yes to avoid GCA F@#%$% fines But I would never believe that the side printed is what will take to the field. going on the week before results 1st & 2nds gives you better idea.:cool:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;370038 said:

I hear what ya saying lads and that would be great in a perfect world. But selection ain't that easy at times. Put sides in yes to avoid GCA F@#%$% fines But I would never believe that the side printed is what will take to the field. going on the week before results 1st & 2nds gives you better idea.:cool:

Hard Hitter;370129 said:
welll surely on the thursday nite u have selection at the rooms... why not put those sides on there and then... yer ok late changes occur at probably every club... but it isnt that hard to fix up on the saturday nite of entering the results is it

Hard Hitter;370129 said:
welll surely on the thursday nite u have selection at the rooms... why not put those sides on there and then... yer ok late changes occur at probably every club... but it isnt that hard to fix up on the saturday nite of entering the results is it

I Bowl Meat Pies;370235 said:

what are you on about Hillgy, i do enter our ( thursday selected ) sides after training, and it is rather easy to change sides on that saturday.

I Bowl Meat Pies;370235 said:

what are you on about Hillgy, i do enter our ( thursday selected ) sides after training, and it is rather easy to change sides on that saturday.

daniel_son_91;370257 said:

That's fine boofa I wasn't impling that you didn't. Just saying I would submit 22 names to avoid the GCA fine, whether that be to the addy or mycricket. I find submiting sides to paper or internet quite Irrelevant, It's only my personal view. (and yes I know it's not hard to change Sat night). :eek:

daniel_son_91;370257 said:

That's fine boofa I wasn't impling that you didn't. Just saying I would submit 22 names to avoid the GCA fine, whether that be to the addy or mycricket. I find submiting sides to paper or internet quite Irrelevant, It's only my personal view. (and yes I know it's not hard to change Sat night). :eek:

Anyone know anything about Teesdale's Shaun Campbell? Type of player? Age? etc. Seems to be going pretty well this year with 2 wkts in each of his first two games and a 50 in each one.

Anyone know anything about Teesdale's Shaun Campbell? Type of player? Age? etc. Seems to be going pretty well this year with 2 wkts in each of his first two games and a 50 in each one.

Renny24;370428 said:

I am pretty sure he is over 21 Renny !! There are heaps of Campbell's but Shaun Campbell trained with South last pre-season but did not end up coming over. He works out Teesdale way so it was about a 45 min journey to come in and play Division One cricket. A fairly sharpish bowler, not sure about his batting other than he must have a great eye as he is a batsmen which only seems to bat one way. Pretty agressive !!

Renny24;370428 said:

I am pretty sure he is over 21 Renny !! There are heaps of Campbell's but Shaun Campbell trained with South last pre-season but did not end up coming over. He works out Teesdale way so it was about a 45 min journey to come in and play Division One cricket. A fairly sharpish bowler, not sure about his batting other than he must have a great eye as he is a batsmen which only seems to bat one way. Pretty agressive !!

cheer_cheer;370434 said:

I think he is on the verge (age-wise). What's with the name change?

cheer_cheer;370434 said:

I think he is on the verge (age-wise). What's with the name change?

how are club wickets for this weekend's rounds ?? We have had a bit of real heavy rain around the region over the last few days. Our wicket is pretty dry considering and as long as it does not rain on the day of play we should be right for a game. Others ??

how are club wickets for this weekend's rounds ?? We have had a bit of real heavy rain around the region over the last few days. Our wicket is pretty dry considering and as long as it does not rain on the day of play we should be right for a game. Others ??

cheer_cheer;370621 said:

NDCC ok could have played tonight. Even trained on turf tonight.:D

cheer_cheer;370621 said:

Hard Hitter;370625 said:

legends, did you get hailed on ?? or did the hail only hover over sth barwon for 2 minutes !!

Hard Hitter;370625 said:

legends, did you get hailed on ?? or did the hail only hover over sth barwon for 2 minutes !!

Torquay very wet, how is South Barwon No.1 looking, Dazzler? Not fancying our chances there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back