Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

daniel_son_91;382893 said:
yeh ive still got them laying around, you didnt get a mention though mate. however i did see you used as a *before shot* for the advanced hair studio

Yeah fair call but atleast i don't wake up every morning with stretched ears and a bruised chin. . . :eek:

By the way i obtained a copy and it does mention a sentence or too. . . :D

Mid season prediction South Barwon Div 1
Thomson Div 2
St A/Break Div 3

biggest headline - Koliba makes triple ton

Mid season prediction South Barwon Div 1
Thomson Div 2
St A/Break Div 3

biggest headline - Koliba makes triple ton

Mid season prediction
Bell Post Hill Division 1
Thomson Division 2
St.Albans Division 3

Biggest headline - Anderton makes come back Finally . . . . :D

Mid season prediction
Bell Post Hill Division 1
Thomson Division 2
St.Albans Division 3

Biggest headline - Anderton makes come back Finally . . . . :D

Yeah fair call but atleast i don't wake up every morning with stretched ears and a bruised chin. . . :eek:

By the way i obtained a copy and it does mention a sentence or too. . . :D[/QUOTE]

hahahahaha:D

By the way i obtained a copy and it does mention a sentence or too. . . :D[/QUOTE]

hahahahaha:D

Geelong boys doing well up in Albury for Vic Country. B Hauenstein top-scored in defeat at hands of NT with 60 and has taken a couple of wickets. A Fergusson has scored a couple of 30's and Alex Cairns made 40 yesterday and chipped in with 4 for in Round 2. NT had an 18yo bat at no.4 and made 108 out of 160-odd to win. Hit the ball as clean as I've ever seen. Took 26 off one over from Vic opening bowler.

Geelong boys doing well up in Albury for Vic Country. B Hauenstein top-scored in defeat at hands of NT with 60 and has taken a couple of wickets. A Fergusson has scored a couple of 30's and Alex Cairns made 40 yesterday and chipped in with 4 for in Round 2. NT had an 18yo bat at no.4 and made 108 out of 160-odd to win. Hit the ball as clean as I've ever seen. Took 26 off one over from Vic opening bowler.

Renny24;383340 said:

Suprised not to see thomson keeper adam ragga wray not included in this squad, keeping to 2 of the best spinners in geelong region this season and goes good with the willow to. watch out for the country squad tho, got sells and anderson covered. With Ando watching closely from the side ragga could be the x-factor there looking for.

Renny24;383340 said:

Suprised not to see thomson keeper adam ragga wray not included in this squad, keeping to 2 of the best spinners in geelong region this season and goes good with the willow to. watch out for the country squad tho, got sells and anderson covered. With Ando watching closely from the side ragga could be the x-factor there looking for.

pencil in 11;383627 said:

Probably one of the better keepers in Divy 2 but there are some pretty good keepers in Division 1. Decent spinners at Tigerland i would agree but until you keep to a bloke of Brad Stacey's standard then you know your not bad with the gloves. 85 overs over concentration sounds alot easier said than done. . Good Luck to him and hope he gets a crack. Unavailables can do wonders for opportunities for cricketers in representative squads and local sides. . .

Thats why it's not a bad thing having a training night purely for spin or seam. There might be a Mitchell Johnson or Shane Warne somewere within your club. . . . Could be the next best cricketer in your club. . . Thats how i became a wicket keeper by someone getting injured halfway through a game many moons ago. . :D

Probably one of the better keepers in Divy 2 but there are some pretty good keepers in Division 1. Decent spinners at Tigerland i would agree but until you keep to a bloke of Brad Stacey's standard then you know your not bad with the gloves. 85 overs over concentration sounds alot easier said than done. . Good Luck to him and hope he gets a crack. Unavailables can do wonders for opportunities for cricketers in representative squads and local sides. . .

Thats why it's not a bad thing having a training night purely for spin or seam. There might be a Mitchell Johnson or Shane Warne somewere within your club. . . . Could be the next best cricketer in your club. . . Thats how i became a wicket keeper by someone getting injured halfway through a game many moons ago. . :D

Surely you're kidding. Isn't Wray a bowler? Strods keeps in Thomson's 1sts. Not sure what you're on about.

Surely you're kidding. Isn't Wray a bowler? Strods keeps in Thomson's 1sts. Not sure what you're on about.

Congrats to a funny old bloke called david hodge on his 300th for St Peters, pretty good effort 300 games of cricket.

Congrats to a funny old bloke called david hodge on his 300th for St Peters, pretty good effort 300 games of cricket.

I'll second that. Very funny man and great servant of SPCC for a very long time now. If Hodgey can massacre his body like he has and still be playing in his 60's, there's hope for every one of us.

I'll second that. Very funny man and great servant of SPCC for a very long time now. If Hodgey can massacre his body like he has and still be playing in his 60's, there's hope for every one of us.

crktluva;383738 said:

Played in the game yesterday with the great man after coming back from injury. He collected one wicket (as always) and there was a ripping night had by all at the club afterwards. Hard to imagine that he actually played 110 games for Bannockburn Footballers before landing at Walker Oval. Played in eight losing grand finals at St Peters before winning his first three years ago.

crktluva;383738 said:

Played in the game yesterday with the great man after coming back from injury. He collected one wicket (as always) and there was a ripping night had by all at the club afterwards. Hard to imagine that he actually played 110 games for Bannockburn Footballers before landing at Walker Oval. Played in eight losing grand finals at St Peters before winning his first three years ago.

Please ignore anything Pencil In dribbles on here!
Hey PI11 I note one of your highest scores ever yesterday in the 3s-nice work!

Please ignore anything Pencil In dribbles on here!
Hey PI11 I note one of your highest scores ever yesterday in the 3s-nice work!

Renny24;383725 said:

yeah ragga is a bowler and a pretty handy 1 as well but he's had shoulder problems from last season and has decided keeping is where he wants to be and thinks there is a slight possibility a spot in the 1's behind the stumps come finals is up for grabs. the moderator may think otherwise but there isnt much differance between there glove work and batting. batting averages are very close.

Renny24;383725 said:

yeah ragga is a bowler and a pretty handy 1 as well but he's had shoulder problems from last season and has decided keeping is where he wants to be and thinks there is a slight possibility a spot in the 1's behind the stumps come finals is up for grabs. the moderator may think otherwise but there isnt much differance between there glove work and batting. batting averages are very close.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;383923 said:
More info?:confused:

What I'm hearing is:

New (pommy) to East Belmont.
Zanoni to City.
Skrobolak to Torquay.

I see none of the above mentioned players made an appearance for the Lions over the weekend.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;383923 said:
More info?:confused:

What I'm hearing is:

Zanoni to City.
Skrobolak to Torquay.

I see none of the above mentioned players made an appearance for the Lions over the weekend.

thommy_rissole;384023 said:
what i'm hearing is:

New (pommy) to east belmont.
Zanoni to city.
Skrobolak to torquay.

I see none of the above mentioned players made an appearance for the lions over the weekend.

what the . . . .

what i'm hearing is:

New (pommy) to east belmont.
Zanoni to city.
Skrobolak to torquay.

I see none of the above mentioned players made an appearance for the lions over the weekend.

what the . . . .

What I'm hearing is:

Zanoni to City.
Skrobolak to Torquay.

i think the clearences have shut.

also i hear marshall was suspended by the club.

What I'm hearing is:

Zanoni to City.
Skrobolak to Torquay.

Babies Arm;384166 said:

Suspended for what?

Clearances close at the end of this month I'm pretty sure, we just had two come through last week.

Babies Arm;384166 said:

Suspended for what?

Clearances close at the end of this month I'm pretty sure, we just had two come through last week.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;384171 said:
Suspended for what?

oh ok, punchin the pom i hear.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;384171 said:
Suspended for what?

oh ok, punchin the pom i hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back