Geelong Player Movements 2010

Re: Geelong Player Movements 2010

thommy_rissole;403498 said:
Straight into retirement and straight into the rumour mongering.

The smoothest of transitions.

i was just wondering when you do sign all these players up, will thomson be over the salery cap?

Babies Arm;403896 said:
i was just wondering when you do sign all these players up, will thomson be over the salery cap?

Salary cap? What salary cap? Does the GCA still have a salary cap big fella?
The GCA seem to be so damn good at policing these things!

fineleg2fineleg;403898 said:
Salary cap? What salary cap? Does the GCA still have a salary cap big fella?
The GCA seem to be so damn good at policing these things!

Speaking of old blokes fineleg- whats the scoop on the older generation of local cricketing stars for this season? ie G Harper, Alf Clark, S Breuer, P Quick, President Hauenstein?...

Second XI At Best;403906 said:
Speaking of old blokes fineleg- whats the scoop on the older generation of local cricketing stars for this season? ie G Harper, Alf Clark, S Breuer, P Quick, President Hauenstein?...

lol, there is about 10 years difference between Alf and Harps ! I assume most of these guys will keep playing as they have a competitive spirit that sadly some guys lack. As for what grade only form will tell, maybe retire to T20's only ? You forgot to mention the GCA President Grant Dew, Zimmer, Ferguson (North), Scott Lindsay, Ty Watts, Garry Kelson, Fanning, Kelvin Ford, Nudge Haberle, Chapple, Rod Kiddle, Anthony Ford, Craig Booley, etc, etc, you get my point.

cheer_cheer;403918 said:
lol, there is about 10 years difference between Alf and Harps ! I assume most of these guys will keep playing as they have a competitive spirit that sadly some guys lack. As for what grade only form will tell, maybe retire to T20's only ? You forgot to mention the GCA President Grant Dew, Zimmer, Ferguson (North), Scott Lindsay, Ty Watts, Garry Kelson, Fanning, Kelvin Ford, Nudge Haberle, Chapple, Rod Kiddle, Anthony Ford, Craig Booley, etc, etc, you get my point.

Judging by the way Tim Ferguson goes on the piss... he's as young as most of us

I Bowl Meat Pies;403923 said:
Judging by the way Tim Ferguson goes on the piss... he's as young as most of us

and judging the way brad Hauenstien goes on the piss.... he should have retired 75 years ago:eek:

Also, being very close to the thomson camp im hearing another big signing on the way..... maybe a guy who has played state cricket???? anyone have info.... im hearing initials of LB?

also named a recruit named John Johnson is "apparently" one to watch out for!!!:eek:

2010/11 Coaching Appointments
DIV1
Bell Post Hill: Scott Lindsay
East Belmont: Peter Caulfield, Shaun Hooley (Captain)
Geelong West: Shane Arthur ??
Grovedale: Nick Peterson
Lara: Chris Bambury (Captain) ??
Leopold: Mike Chapman
Manifold Heights: ??
Newtown: Bryan Thomas, Ben Neville (Captain)
North Geelong: Sam Hall
South Barwon: Craig Davies
St Joseph's: David Morgan
Thomson: Adrian Saltalamacchia

DIV2
Alexander Thomson: S.Arnott
Geelong City: Graeme Beaumont, Adam Pitts (Captain)
Guild: ??
Highton: Shannon Young
Marshall: Mark Brady
Murgheboluc: Danny Watson
Newcomb: Brett Nolan
North Shore: ??
St Albans: Justin Miller
St Peter's: David Boyd ??
Torquay: Mark Zahra
Waurn Ponds: Michael Cox

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;405178 said:
DIV1

DIV2
Marshall: Mark Baker ??

Marshall is Mark Brady, would be a handy pick up if they got Bakes also. Also would surprise me if David Boyd was coaching St Peter's, maybe training captain or part of a coaching panel ?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;405178 said:
DIV1

DIV2
Marshall: Mark Brady
Mike chapple is coaching west with tala as his captain

cheer_cheer;405480 said:
is Talla just captaining Mike Chapple ? Or the rest of the team as well ? :D
daz.. settle down.. too early in the season for ur silly jokes... shame we only play against u blokes once this year.. i was looking forward to getting back to the rooms and watching ants buy u a few pots

And the award for the most cashed up Div 3 club for season 2010/11 goes to Merideth!! lol

Anybody seen the clearance list on the GCA site? it's mostly players going to Merideth, must be something good over there.:D

whatdoumeanwashe;405754 said:
And the award for the most cashed up Div 3 club for season 2010/11 goes to Merideth!! lol

Anybody seen the clearance list on the GCA site? it's mostly players going to Merideth, must be something good over there.:D

They've picked up a few good players.

Few interesting clearances in, I see both the Ford's have been declined from South Barwon to Grovedale.

GCA Clearance page link

Can't resist posting this. This was the "reason" on a clearance application we just received (and no, it wasn't Bisso's) -

(Player) has a number of holistic reasons for choosing to play with (Club) CC. (Player) has reached a stage that he feels both his personal and cricket development would benefit from a change of environment. He believes the new coaching and cricket department structures at (Club) CC provide him the perfect environment to learn more and continue to develop his cricket education in a direct attempt to gain better results on and off field. Having brief exposure to the new coaching direction at (Club), (Player) has already recognised areas of improvement as well as developing a clear path to learning more about himself as a cricketer and a person. As well as improving as a cricketer, (Player)'s partner has a strong family connection with (Club) CC. (Player) and his partner believe this family involvement will provide the opportunity for personal growth and harmony as well as giving both of them the opportunity to build their own long term relationship with the club.

It's...er...different to what I've been used to over the years.

Back