Group A World Cup

Clarke on why Watson being back in the side "I dunno, you have to ask the selectors.." a not so subtle dig at them from the captain for mine.
The captain is far to quick to comment on selection particularly when he is under so much pressure. Having said that it was a very good display from both himself and Watto today. The slide down the order clearly did not hurt him or the team.

Yes Clarke runs out Jayawardne! 3 for 188 off 31 overs, still a good effort from SL so far and they are right in this chase.

The captain is far to quick to comment on selection particularly when he is under so much pressure. Having said that it was a very good display from both himself and Watto today. The slide down the order clearly did not hurt him or the team.
Clarke I thought was very impressive with the bat, Watson I've wanted out of the Test side but I've been backing him to come good in the one day side, he's actually a gun in this format when on song and not a dud like he usually is in Tests.

edit - and 100 to Kumar Sangakkara, what a legend.

If my name wasn't Brian Lara, it'd probably be Graham Thorpe. However, if I was a bit younger, my name I'm almost certain would be Kumar Sangakkara.

Geez way to make us nervous Faulkner with the foot on the line...

Advantage now Australia with Kumar gone.

Australian won by 64 runs against Sri Lanka. They will likely finish second in the group with New Zealand to finish on top. Sri Lanka look set to take out third place at this stage.

The game between England and Bangladesh tomorrow will be fascinating. If England lose their tournament is over and Bangladesh will qualify for the quarter finals.

He's not part of the selection committee. Ask Mark Waugh who is part of the selection committee

With all the complaints and jesting about the size of NZ's grounds...the WACA, Bellerive Oval and the Adelaide Oval aren't exactly big grounds either..

With all the complaints and jesting about the size of NZ's grounds...the WACA, Bellerive Oval and the Adelaide Oval aren't exactly big grounds either..
Adelaide oval has an extra short boundary today because they look to be using the pitch furthest to the west. Also the WACA might be smaller for an Aussie ground but I reckon it would be still be a roughly average size world wide. AO straight boundaries although not ridiculously long like before the redevelopment are still pretty long.

Clarke I thought was very impressive with the bat, Watson I've wanted out of the Test side but I've been backing him to come good in the one day side, he's actually a gun in this format when on song and not a dud like he usually is in Tests.

edit - and 100 to Kumar Sangakkara, what a legend.
Yep Kumar's 100 was good to watch. I did enjoy the 6 fours off Johnson by Dilshan.
I thought Watto seemed more comfortable down the order and with Smith very clearly our No3 in Test and ODI's it would seem he will need to live with that for now

England 4 for 123 in their chase.. will be some nerves floating around in the Pommy camp. They have probably the best 2 for this situation in at the moment though, Root and Taylor.

Back