Group B - Bangladesh vs Bermuda

Ljp86

Staff member
Group B - Bangladesh vs Bermuda

The final game of the Group stage sees Bangladesh take on Bermuda. Bangladesh need to gain at least one point to make the next stage of the tournament which will see them go through at the expense of India.

Unfortunately, rain has been falling for some time. Play isn't expected to start for another two hours (unofficially) which will be after the luncheon break. At the moment, we have a shortened game on our hands.

Bangladesh XI: 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Shahriar Nafees, 3 Mushfiqur Rahim+, 4 Aftab Ahmed, 5 Saqibul Hasan, 6 Habibul Bashar*, 7 Mohammad Ashraful, 8 Mohammad Rafique, 9 Mashrafe Mortaza, 10 Abdur Razzak, 11 Syed Rasel

Bermuda XI:1 Oliver Pitcher, 2 Steven Outerbridge, 3 Delyone Borden, 4 David Hemp, 5 Irvine Romaine*, 6 Janeiro Tucker, 7 Dean Minors+, 8 Lionel Cann, 9 Kevin Hurdle, 10 Dwayne Leverock, 11 Saleem Mukkudem

Bangladesh have won the toss though and will bowl as soon as play gets underway.

Re: Group B - Bangladesh vs Bermuda

Play is underway. This match will be 41 overs per side.

Bermuda have commenced batting and are 1/6 after 3 overs. Stephen Outerbridge was out to Mashrafe Mortaza for one. Oliver Pitcher is on three with Delyone Borden on one also.

And now they are going off for rain again.

Well that sure was brief, wasn't it?

Maybe they'll come out and play for another 3 or 4 overs in about 30 minutes time. :rolleyes:

The stands are really empty today, but I'm sure the weather hasn't helped that at all.

Ljp86;147731 said:
Bermuda XI:1 Oliver Pitcher, 2 Steven Outerbridge, 3 Delyone Borden, 4 David Hemp, 5 Irvine Romaine*, 6 Janeiro Tucker, 7 Dean Minors+, 8 Lionel Cann, 9 Kevin Hurdle, 10 Dwayne Leverock, 11 Saleem Mukkudem

Bangladesh have won the toss though and will bowl as soon as play gets underway.

I'm surprised Stefan Kelly hasn't been brought into the team especially since Coach Logie has been indicating through the local press, that he's given everyone a chance to play. Stefan is the only player that hasn't had the opportunity to play. I'm sure he has his reasons though

Play starts up again, and Mortaza takes his second wicket almost right away.

Bermuda 8-2 after 4.1 overs.

Now Rasel gets one to his name too.
And that was a huge one, because David Hemp is gone for a duck.

Bermuda 11-3 after 5.4 overs.

Good news: the covers are off and it looks like play will begin again shortly

So far, we've only managed 7.4 overs.
How far can we make it this time?

I wonder how low the overs have been diminished if it has. from 50 to 41 to 35 ....

2 deliveries and on come the covers again!!!!

19-3 after 8 overs.

But wait, now the players are turning around and the umpires might keep them on, because the drizzle has lightened.

Nope, after thinking about it, the covers are coming on.

Absolutely shocking news!
Rain has held up play again! :rolleyes:

It's 45-4 after 15.1

The Bangladeshis are going through their spinners right now, trying to get through these overs as quickly as possible.

And now that the covers are on, the rain has started to ease off already.

Still raining. Looks like this delay will be at least an hour.

With Bermuda still needing to bat 5 overs to get to their 20, we're now heading towards the time where we'll have to come back tomorrow to get the required overs in to make this a match.

Though I suppose if Bermuda can bat through their 5, the Bangladeshis may require far fewer than 20 overs to achieve whatever minimal target is set for them.

So all hope is not gone yet.

Hooray, play is about to start again.

Currently it's scheduled to be a 21-over per side match.
So Bermuda has just 6 more overs to put up some runs.

This must be frustrating to the players. Now it's ending up almost a 20/20 competition.

Ashraful drops an easy catch. It should have been 50-5, but instead it's 50-4.

2 balls later, Habibul makes a great catch to drop Bermuda to 52-5.

Aftab comes on and gives up 17 runs in one over.
Why was Aftab bowling? I have no idea.
But Lionel Cann wasn't complaining.

Wisely, the spin returns in the next over, and Saqibul bowls Cann out.

Bermuda 73-6

Rafique gets JJ Tucker for 9

86-7 after 19.5

With 7 deliveries remaining, there's still a chance that Bermuda will get to 100.

I hope they can reach 100. i think it's 2 more balls to go. They will have hit boundaries on the last 2 balls

forget that, Hurdle was going for a big hit and was bowled. Bermuda ends up wih 94/9 after a shortened 21 overs. Bangladesh will need score 95 to win.

Razzak gets two wickets in the last over.
Bermuda finishes 94-9

We'll have to wait and see what number Bangladesh will have to chase, but I sespect it'll be around 120-130.

And by the way, that's kind of ridiculous when you consider that Bermuda lost 9 wickets.
So hopefully I'm wrong.

cleazer;147801 said:
We'll have to wait and see what number Bangladesh will have to chase, but I sespect it'll be around 120-130.

So hopefully I'm wrong.
Shows what I know. There's no revised total for Bangladesh to chase.
They only need to score 95 from their 21 overs.

Honestly, I don't understand.
But I guess I shouldn't complain.

Back