Group B - Bangladesh vs Bermuda

Re: Group B - Bangladesh vs Bermuda

marlyminks;147841 said:
Too bad for India, I shudder at what awaits them went they go back home.

They're not going back home. All their passports were seized and burnt, and they sought political refuge in Bermuda. They will be the new "Bermuda national team" effective Monday. Sorry Leverock, you've got to move on. He is being replaced by Harbhajan Singh.

Chandu;147989 said:
They're not going back home. All their passports were seized and burnt, and they sought political refuge in Bermuda. They will be the new "Bermuda national team" effective Monday. Sorry Leverock, you've got to move on. He is being replaced by Harbhajan Singh.

Ha ha ha funny :) that would be nice but sorry we have no room for them, unless we kick out the americans, english and australians that are here to make room. :)

Well I never!
After the game , Bermuda's Captain Irving Romaine was interviewed by an Indian reporter. He was asked whether Bermuda should apologise to the Indians for not winning the match and assuring India the right to progress. To which Romaine answered, "I don't think we have to apologise to India because I think they did it to themselves. With the quality team India have they shouldn't be relying on Bermuda." ... from the Royal Gazette, Bermuda, March 26,2007

If it was me, I would have asked the same reporter, "Do you think India should apologise to Bermuda for scoring 400 + plus runs against them?" some nerve!

I think Romaine answered correctly.

Don't take the idiot media types too seriously. The Indian media hype machine is the one which destroyed Indian cricket in the first place. If they didn't stop talking about 1983 being stuck in a time machine like it was yesterday, I would have vomited if I had heard about that Mohinder Amarnath wicket and the Kapil Dev seam ability one more time. What has India achieved in "One day cricket" since 1983 in a major international tournament? Nothing. Somehow the media types were behaving that they had a sense of entitlement simply because the money was rolling in, and the valuation of sports TV channels like Zee Sports, Ten Sports were skyrocketing. Guess what? It isn't a bottomless pit of money anymore. Very soon the sponsorship money, the advertising revenue, it will all dry out. Lot more disinterested people would have turned off the TV, so why should advertisers keep spending money? And the likes of BCCI will be forced to think about the real things they never cared about - such as the sport itself. Those arseholes never cared about using all that money for things like improving fitness standards, fielding techniques, youth academies, nothing. They were somehow all stuck in an artifical, plastic world dominated by Hero Honda and Cadbury ads, in which Dhoni kept magically hitting sixes every ball.

Thanks for the enlightenment, that's very interesting. It amazing how money changes people, happens all over. I guess this explains why their under pressure to win every game, and when they don't their fans don't let them forget it one way or another. I don't envy their positiion. What a price to pay.

On another, Bermuda is preparing for A Hero's welcome of the team this Wednesday Evening, and I will be one of those there to greet them.

rofl :D :D :eek:

Chandu;147989 said:

Back