Group B - Bangladesh vs Bermuda

Re: Group B - Bangladesh vs Bermuda

According to the radio broadcast i'm listening to, they're not using the D/L system, they diecided to just play the 21 overs and Bangladesh will only need 95 to win.

Obviously this is unfair to Bermuda who batted first thinking it will be a 50 over match and were batting accordingly. Their first few overs weren't as aggressive. In the end when the overs were reduced and the constant interuption due to rain, they had to change their strategy and start hitting for runs and because of this they lost a lot of wickets quickly going for those bit hits.

Bangladesh on the other hand will be able to start their innings aggressively from the start. But that's cricket we live with the hand we're dealt.

Tamim Iqbal out early for 1.
Bangladesh 6-1

Nafees was alomost out lbw in the first over.

Could we actually have a match here?

Kevin Hurdle just caught a magnificent catch!! actually had to dive for it.

Hearing the commentators, we may have a match here, they were saying that Bangladesh doesn't know how to play 20/20 cricket or something like that, or they have never played it before. This is interesting.

How fitting, the Indians fans are cheering on Bermuda big time according to the radio broadcast, I would have loved to actually see this match.

marlyminks;147805 said:
According to the radio broadcast i'm listening to, they're not using the D/L system, they diecided to just play the 21 overs and Bangladesh will only need 95 to win.

Obviously this is unfair to Bermuda who batted first thinking it will be a 50 over match and were batting accordingly. Their first few overs weren't as aggressive. In the end when the overs were reduced and the constant interuption due to rain, they had to change their strategy and start hitting for runs and because of this they lost a lot of wickets quickly going for those bit hits.

Bangladesh on the other hand will be able to start their innings aggressively from the start. But that's cricket we live with the hand we're dealt.

I don't understand. Who has the authority to decide not to use the D/L method for this match? This doesn't seem right, unless Bermuda have agreed to it.

Aftab gone!

30-2 after 5.3

and bizarrely, the total has been revised downwards by one run!!!
Bangladesh now only need 94 runs from 21 overs to win, 93 runs to tie.
Seriously, I don't understand at all.

Since i'm only listening to the radio, they are saying that the Bangladesh batsmen are panicking.

Hurdle does not need to give away runs at this stage!!! there is a chance, a slight chance that Bermuda could win.

cleazer;147819 said:
Seriously, I don't understand at all.
Ah-Ha!
They just announced that Bermuda only have to bowl through 8 powerplay overs, while Bangladesh had to bowl through 12.

They didn't say any more, but I'm sure that the extra powerplay overs that Bermuda got to bat through has something to do with the target Bangladesh is chasing. Fewer power play overs = fewer runs expected to be scored.

marlyminks;147823 said:
they are saying that the Bangladesh batsmen are panicking.
37-3 now!!!

The youth and inexperience of Bangladesh is really showing in this high pressure situation.

cleazer;147826 said:
Ah-Ha!
They just announced that Bermuda only have to bowl through 8 powerplay overs, while Bangladesh had to bowl through 12.

They didn't say any more, but I'm sure that the extra powerplay overs that Bermuda got to bat through has something to do with the target Bangladesh is chasing. Fewer power play overs = fewer runs expected to be scored.

Trying to figure these things out gives me a headache, I'll just leave it to the pros, however it's still confusing to me.

51-3 after 10 overs

the target has been revised upwards to 96

so Bangladesh need 45 runs from 11 overs to qualify for the Super Eights
that's only 4.2 per over

Pitcher really banged his head diving for a difficult catch.
They've shown the replay at the ground a few times now, and you could hear the whole crowd groaning as they watched his head make contact with the ground. That hurt.

Stamislav;147816 said:
I don't understand. Who has the authority to decide not to use the D/L method for this match? This doesn't seem right, unless Bermuda have agreed to it.

There is no indication that Bermuda have agreed to it, at least the radio commentators aren't mentioning it, if it was so. However they are critical of the fact that Bangladesh should have had a target of 116 instead of 95 to reach.

Looks like Bangladesh are going to get through, they only need 6 more runs with 24 balls left.
Very disappointing for the Bermuda team, they could have won it. Those early extras by Hurdle really cost us.

So it's official Bangladesh wins and are going into the super 8's
Too bad for India, I shudder at what awaits them went they go back home.

Fantastic!!!

And a solid partnership taking some smart singles from Saqibul and Ashraful too.

Back