Group B - Bermuda v India

C

cleazer

Group B - Bermuda v India

This one is going to be ugly. After India's loss to Bangladesh, they'll hope that they can win their final two and advance on run rate. Theoretically, this could be the only Full Member/Associate Member match of the whole tournament where the Test country will want to beat the Associate by as many runs as possible for a NRR advantage in the standings. The Australia and South Africa wins we've seen so far won't count for anything in the NRR later on, but this match between India and Bermuda could.

So Bermuda, watch out! India is going to want to bat first and put up as many runs as possible. Expect to see lots of people swinging for four's and sixes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dhoni move up the batting order, since he can be such a fast scorer of runs. (And he'll surely want to make up for his performance against Bangladesh.)

Have no doubt about it, India will be gunning for 400 today!

Re: Group B - Bermuda v India

This is going to be real tough for Bermuda, I know India is going to come out blazing from the start. Bermuda , i'm sure will put their best foot forward. Hopefully they could score some more runs this time.

Brilliant diving catch from Leverock in the slips to get Uthappa early! And the celebration was spectacular.

It's gone all downhill from there - India 153/1 from 25 overs.

I'm starting to have a real beef with the leg side wide rule.

A Bermuda bowler just bowled one that missed leg stump by around a centimetre, but it was 'down the leg side' and so called wide. So if a ball 'down the leg side' is always wide, why not take guard outside off stump? They'll have to bowl it to nowhere near the stumps!

I don't mind the spirit of the rule, but there should be some discretion exercised by the umpires as to how 'wide' a ball actually was.

Sehwag finally out for 114

India 205-2 after 29.5 overs.

India still has a legitimate chance at 400 today.

Wilbix;145856 said:
I'm starting to have a real beef with the leg side wide rule.

A Bermuda bowler just bowled one that missed leg stump by around a centimetre, but it was 'down the leg side' and so called wide. So if a ball 'down the leg side' is always wide, why not take guard outside off stump? They'll have to bowl it to nowhere near the stumps!

I don't mind the spirit of the rule, but there should be some discretion exercised by the umpires as to how 'wide' a ball actually was.
ok, so if a right arm bowler is going around the wicket to a RHB then any ball that pitches outside of leg is called a wide?

stupid american here :D

As predicted, Dhoni comes in early way up the order.

India 213-2 after 31.

But it looks like the weather could play a part in today's match. Those are some really threatening looking clouds lingering in the background.

Ganguly out for 89

238-3 after 34.5 overs.
Now Yuvraj comes in.
The runs had slowed down over the past few overs, so India won't be too sad to see another new batsman in there.

After a very inspirational start, Bermuda is now having a hard time containing the Indians. Oh well.

I must say that earlier wicket by Malachi Jones, who by the way is the 3rd youngest person to play in a World Cup. At 17 years old he is one of the future stars fo the 2011 World Cup, that is if Bermuda qualifies again. I know he will treasure that moment for a long time.

JJ Tucker makes a great diving catch to eliminate Dhoni for 31.

India 269-4 after 38.2

400 is now looking out of reach

Looks like it's going to be another tall order for the batsmen to reply

almost another one, a fine piece of stumping by Minors, but the unpire rules not out

marlyminks;145885 said:
almost another one, a fine piece of stumping by Minors, but the unpire rules not out
That was a tough call, could've gone either way.

Looks like India might just reach that 400 mark, if they keep hitting the sixes.

358-4 after 47

Yuvraj has been hitting 6's, so there's still a chance for 400 here

I knew a catch would soon come, and so it was, easily taken by Malachi Jones.

Yuvraj out for a very entertaining 83

India 391-5 after 48.4, they'll reach 400 with 8 deliveries still to come

Well India had to score as many runs as they can against Bermuda to keep their hopes alive. They have crossed that 400 mark and a record.

Back